Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown spotting

(5 Posts)
Graciegirl17 Thu 01-Aug-13 09:51:42

Hi there, I am 6 weeks pregnant but for the last 9 days I have had brown bleeding it has now turned to a light brown liquid type discharge. I saw baby yday and it has a heartbeat ect and I had assumed I had miscarried so we a lovely suprise!! The nurses didnt seem to bothered and said the blood was probably implantation. I am seein a consultant tomorrow as I lost a baby in February to incompetent cervix. Any advice??

91chloejp Thu 01-Aug-13 10:44:23

I had the same at around 5-6 weeks and it stopped just as I turned 7 weeks. I haven't been to see the MW over it because it's painless (not accompanied by cramps) so I assumed it was old blood being pushed out.

hope you're okay!

cantwait2beamom Thu 01-Aug-13 10:47:24

Hi graciegirl17

I wouldn't be concerned about brown blood. I had the same thing (following a red bleed, very scary) and since then have continued to spot brown for weeks. I have had many scans and everytime thankfully my babies have been fine (yes there are 2). The consultants told me not too worry about the brown blood as this is old blood and could mean many things none of which indicates a miscarriage ie your uterus stretching, implantation bleeding etc. Mine came from a subchoronic haematoma which is a small pocket of blood in my uterus which the body eventually reabsorbs or bleeds out. I know its hard but try not too worry, I've researched this since my bleed at 11 weeks (now 15 weeks) and trust me its more common than you think and like I said you really only need to be concerned if the spotting is red or if you have acute pain with it.
Hang in there, I'm sure everything will be fine. The worry you are doing is probably causing more hassle to the baby than anything else so deep breaths. Wish you all the best. Drop a post and let me know how your apt with consultant goes. xxxx

Graciegirl17 Thu 01-Aug-13 10:49:58

Aww thank you both. That has made me feel better. I'm just worryin because I'd convinced myself I miscarried and because I lost my son in February at 22 weeks! Wow 2 is so excitin! That's amazin. Good luck!! I will let u no how 2moro goes xxx

91chloejp Thu 01-Aug-13 11:55:04

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow!!!! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now