Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Laptops close to bump. Is it OK?

(8 Posts)
MultipleMama Germany Thu 01-Aug-13 12:34:37

I use this fan laptop table. It's brilliant.

RobotHamster Thu 01-Aug-13 10:22:56

You'd be better off putting it on a tray or large book - only because putting it on a cushion will make it overheat

grin @ fluffy. perhaps they should give you a pillow suit to wear instead of those uncomfortable heavy lead jacket things when you go for an xray...

if I put a pillow or cushion under mine it overheats confused I hadn't really considered it would be a bad thing to use a laptop while pregnant...hmm

fluffyraggies England Thu 01-Aug-13 09:53:24

late bare - grin i was thinking of doing exactly that.

<imagines contacting NASA regarding the amazing radiation protection of cushions. Astronauts need worry no more!>

LateBear Thu 01-Aug-13 09:25:46

I put a cushion or pillow under it, not sure if that makes any difference!

SeriousStuff Thu 01-Aug-13 09:10:35

I think the main issue would be heat. I have still been using mine on my lap just not on my bump...and now at 29+6 wks, there's no way it would balance on my stomach anyway!

fluffyraggies England Thu 01-Aug-13 09:02:14

Has anyone changed the way they use their laptop now they are pregnant?

It's just occurred to me that it may not be a good idea to sit here with my laptop right by baby bump! I don't have a desk but I use my laptop for a good 2 or 3 hours a day all together.

Quick google has, as usual, produced vague results.
Heat = not good.
Radiation = seems inconclusive as far as i can find out.

What do you all do? (if you're sofa lap-toppers)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now