Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are these sex cravings normal or its just me?

(10 Posts)
buthow Mon 29-Jul-13 07:29:53

I am 16 weeks pregnant and I'm craving for sex. I haven't had any since I fell pregnant and I was ok these cravings jus began like 2weeks bk and I fantasize of being held. I'm not with my baby daddy any more he left us. Are these sex cravings normal during pregnancy because sex was disgusting me since I fell pregnant but all of a sudden I'm in need of being held will it go away soon? Because I'm planing not to have sex untill after I finish nursing and then maybe start looking for a bf but with these cravings it seems its gona be hard I really wanted to take my time before I am active with someone else

FobblyWoof Mon 29-Jul-13 09:02:17

Perfectly normal. It can really go either way during pregnancy-either completely uninterested or super, super up for sex! Some people stay the same.

So you're not some weird freak grin

Perhaps you find...ahem...alternative means of relief? blush smile

buthow Mon 29-Jul-13 09:09:37

FobblyWoof lolest wat a laugh I had thnks alternative means might not be so bad...I jus like the real deal more kkkkk...

I wish they go away need to hate it not love it

CircassianLeyla Mon 29-Jul-13 09:19:27

I was completely mad for sex all through all three pregnancies. I even <<ahem>> am convinced I had a dirty dream and had an orgasm as I was waking.

greenj1 Mon 29-Jul-13 11:06:41

Log onto love honey and treat yourself to some goodies smile much easier and less hassle than a man lol smile

Kelly1814 Mon 29-Jul-13 11:49:45

NORMAL as far as i'm concerned!

am on a sex ban due to a cerclage and not even allowed to climax never mind not have sex!!

i am literally going crazy!!!

lola1980 Mon 29-Jul-13 19:49:21

Haha I've been so horny this pregnancy I could've dragged the postman in! I've only just calmed down now I'm 39wks... Which is a shame considering it's meant to be good for bringing on labour wink

buthow Thu 01-Aug-13 10:59:32

Ohw its good for bringing on labour?

lola1980 Thu 01-Aug-13 13:10:54

Yeah, when you're near the end your body produces a hormone that softens your cervix. Semen also has the same hormone so sex can help things along a bit. Lots of people swear by it including my midwife!

CircassianLeyla Thu 01-Aug-13 23:00:19

I hate to disapoint but after extremely horny pregnancies I can confirm the following IME:

DS1 - sex night before he was born, hey presto due date baby.

DS2 - sex all the way up to induction 10 days past due date. Induction led to baby.

DS3 - as above with DS2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now