Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone else gone really hairy?

(41 Posts)
WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 27-Jul-13 08:45:55

I epilated legs and underarms yesterday. The stuff seems to be growing thicker and faster than normal.
The worst bit though is my belly, it's covered in a dark fuzz, couldn't quite suck up the courage to epilate it off so it stays.

Anyone else?

Natale28 Sat 27-Jul-13 09:05:02

I'm exactly the same - normally my hair grows really slowly but as soon as i've shaved my legs the hairs seem to come straight back! It's very weird!

TickTockTimesUp Sat 27-Jul-13 09:07:53

yes! I feel like I can see the bastard hairs growing angry

Ls271082 Sat 27-Jul-13 09:09:24

I'm like a werewolf if that makes u feel any better lol

FoofFighter Sat 27-Jul-13 09:12:31

yes :/

have been using wax strips on my tummy! Below my belly button it's thick black, above it's downy soft so have left that. Although strangely my armpits and legs aren't growing quite as fast?

RNJ3007 Sat 27-Jul-13 09:15:23

Oh yes... My bump is distinctly fuzzy. I'm not one for shaving, but have noticed that my legs and armpits are suddenly twice as hairy!

Rhianna1980 Sat 27-Jul-13 09:21:19

I'm still waiting for the day where someone comes up with a 'cream' that kills all the hair follicles it has been applied on once and for all! angry

LottieLaBouff Sat 27-Jul-13 09:27:59

Me! My underarms always look stubbly, swear they grow back as soon as I've waxed/shaved!

When I was pregnant my belly was awful too, I shaved it even though I knew I should leave it and now the hair is permanent. hmm

LottieLaBouff Sat 27-Jul-13 09:30:36

When I was pregnant with my first, rather. So ladies, don't shave your belly hair haha! Hopefully it'll miraculously fall out after this baby is evicted grin

lilstar Sat 27-Jul-13 09:34:01

Hairy ladies? Just curious to know if any of u know you're having a boy? My mate recently had twin boys and during her pregnancy she found she was alot hairier. Apparently she was told its to do with so much male hormone kicking around her body.

NarkyNamechanger Sat 27-Jul-13 09:37:32

I was much hairier carrying my boys, hardly any with dd.

workingonitagain Sat 27-Jul-13 09:42:04

a friend of mine never shaved as didnt need to but when she was expecting her third child who turned out t b a boy she suddenly got very hairy so yes i think it might have to do with the sex. i can't really compare as im expecting my 3rd boy and have been super furry smile anyway

Yep I was one of the hairy belly brigade...on a positive note it did just fall off within a week of having DS so hold out ladies!!

FoofFighter Sat 27-Jul-13 09:42:19

I've heard/read on here the opposite, that it's girls that make you hairy.

katrinaxx Sat 27-Jul-13 09:43:02

I look like ive got a bear up my top my belly has gone so hairy and the hair is black so its really noticeable scared to shave it incase it comes back worse ive also heard it means ur having a boy if u get really hairy haha xx

Lovemyprincess4eva Sat 27-Jul-13 10:28:59

I have gone ridiculously hairy and I am having a girl so it must just be me being unlucky lol x

RNJ3007 Sat 27-Jul-13 10:39:55

I am having a boy. But then my Hyperemesis has been far, far worse this time, which is unusual.

That said, I was super hairy with my girl too.

My body doesn't like pregnancy!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 27-Jul-13 10:41:46

Thank goodness it's not just me. It's a boy so maybe that explains it (although others have a hairy bump with a girl).

I didn't even consider it might be permanent sad will keep away from the razor.

AnythingNotEverything Sat 27-Jul-13 10:49:15

No one tells you just how glamorous pregnancy is.

jazzcat28 Sat 27-Jul-13 10:56:44

Yes! I have gone from shaving my armpits once a week to almost every day! Also my 'ladygarden' seems to be travelling north up my belly, and east and west across my upper thighs <glamorous>

Not finding out sex but have had zero sickness just tiredness, sore boobs and hairiness so perhaps the signs are there it's a boy!

TinyCC Sat 27-Jul-13 11:34:35

I've definitely gone more hairy in some places, and less so in others. Not having to shave my legs as often (or wax my tache, how lovely) but underarms sprout at an amazing rate and my chin's terrible.

Anothermrssmith Sat 27-Jul-13 12:02:58

I've suddenly got loads of hair under my chin, thankfully because of where it is its not noticeable but I'm plucking it anyway. Also have a lovely line of hair on my belly, at this rate I'll have more body hair than my husband!

HelgatheHairy Sat 27-Jul-13 14:14:50

I'm actually the opposite, my hair growth has really slowed down. Before I would have to shave my legs every day, now I can get 3 days out of them. Same with underarms. My eyebrows seem to have almost stopped growing completely and I haven't had to go near my top lip in about 7 months! Chin I epilate every few months, rather than weeks.

HelgatheHairy Sat 27-Jul-13 14:15:12

Oh and I'm having a girl.

Babycino81 Sat 27-Jul-13 14:17:35

I think it's normal- if not I am rapidly turning into chewbacca.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now