Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reassurance scan.

(19 Posts)
aichi Fri 02-Aug-13 22:19:42

Thanks for your replies. I had a miscarriage when I was 6 weeks pregnant last year. I guess it was a normal/natural miscarriage as I just bled and had stomach cramps.

But the good news is I'm getting morning sickness this time whereas I didn't have any last year and felt so normal. So I'm hoping its a good sign that all going well...but I'm also aware of silent miscarriage...
It's so hard not to think and worry too much at this stage isn't it?
Think positive!!
Best of luck everyone too!!

NotSoSuper Fri 02-Aug-13 20:29:28

Hi aichi,
sorry for your loss. When I went for my 12 week scan the last time and found out the baby had no heartbeat I was taken to the epu where they told me if I got pregnant again I would be able to have a reassurance scan. First time I seen the midwife after my bfp she phoned the hospital and arranged it for me. It must depend on the area you live in as I know not everyone will get an early scan after one loss.

Good luck with your pregnancy, hope everything goes well thanks

Rockchick1984 Fri 02-Aug-13 19:43:25

Aichi how early was your previous miscarriage? I have had 2 early scans this pregnancy however I'd had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks (baby had died at 8 weeks but I had no symptoms of it failing) so wanted to be sure it hadn't happened again. If it had been a normal miscarriage I would probably have had to pay privately for an early scan. Good luck for your pregnancy this time smile

fluffandnonsense Fri 02-Aug-13 19:34:33

We paid privately for an early scan, a good option if you are worried and the doctors are faffing you about (like mine did)

aichi Fri 02-Aug-13 11:56:43

Hi, i don't mean to hijack your post but I just wanted to find out how you managed to get early scan (before12weeks)??
I also had a early miscarriage last year and I'm now 7weeks pregnant. Went to the doctors and I asked if I could get slightly earlier scan as I'm constantly worried if all going ok. But the doctor said she couldn't guarantee it, as its v common to have a early miscarriage and they couldn't offer early scan for every women who had miscarriage...

I don't know if its to do with the area you live in ??
I got v worried last night as I was getting pain in my lower stomach in the middle of the night.
I couldn't bring myself to call the doctor in the morning as I wasn't bleeding&te pain stopped...I want this pregnancy to go all the way this time...

NotSoSuper Mon 29-Jul-13 21:30:20

Thanks working and congratulations on your pregnancy thanks always nice to hear the positive stories!

workingonitagain Sun 28-Jul-13 18:34:14

you have every reason to be positive. mmc is usually a one off i had one after 2 dc and now im 25 wks pregnant and all is well. found it a lot easier once he started moving this way i get reassurance all the time smile good luck xx

NotSoSuper Sun 28-Jul-13 13:35:15

Sorry you've been through the same fluff. So glad your 12 week scan went well smile
I am driving myself insane! Thought I would be able to relax a bit after the scan but to be honest it hasn't made me feel any better. I'm still panicking when I'm not feeling or being sick and as much as I'm trying to be positive, it's just not happening.
Before I had the scan I was managing quite well and felt really positive about this pregnancy but now I'm convinced it's all going to go wrong again. Feel as if I'm going mad sad

fluffandnonsense Sat 27-Jul-13 18:48:52

I've just been exactly as you describe although I lost my baby at 13 weeks in April. Got pregnant straight away afterwards and went for an early scan (8 weeks) all was good! Had my 12 week scan yesterday and saw beautiful little bubba with legs kicking and heart beating happily. I'm over the moon but before each scan I was a total wreck. I think once its happened to you, the memory stays with you and it's very hard to shake off. I'm hoping to relax a little now, until the next scan that is! wink

NotSoSuper Fri 26-Jul-13 21:59:34

Congratulations beaches, it's nice to know I'm normal for worrying. Sometimes feel as if I'm going mad!
Hope the last few weeks of your pregnancy go well x

It is so nice to hear happy endings ice!
I'm lucky enough to already have a daughter and had no problems what so ever with that pregnancy. Guess I was naive enough to think the same would have happened the second time around. Going to try my hardest to stay positive through this pregnancy though...only 4 weeks till I see baby again smile

icecubed Fri 26-Jul-13 20:48:43

i had a MC at 11weeks and a can like yours - hes sitting next to me not aged 6 right now hope you have an easy time like i did for this one grin grin grin
Had another DS too no bother good luck thought a happy ending might make you smilegrin they make me smile A LOT

beachesandbuckets Fri 26-Jul-13 19:57:01

Glad it was good news Super. I also had a mmc last year, and now 36 weeks pregnant, and still feel very nervous every time I go for a check up so really know how you feel. Hope it all goes well for you x

NotSoSuper Fri 26-Jul-13 19:51:03

Thanks pentagon smile same to you x

Pentagon Fri 26-Jul-13 18:28:35

great news OP! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy smile

NotSoSuper Fri 26-Jul-13 18:22:42

Thanks everyone and sorry to hear about all your scares and losses.
Well everything went well smile seen our little baby with its little heart beating and even got a pic to bring home. I am so relieved!
No doubt I'll be worrying again in a week or two (last baby stopped growing at 10 weeks) but I've got my next scan in exactly 4 weeks so will try my hardest to keep positive!
Thanks again for your messages, just writing it down and getting it off my chest made me feel better.

Pentagon Fri 26-Jul-13 13:42:47

Good luck today OP! I've had 2 MMCs (1st and 3rd pregnancies) so I totally know how you feel! Thankfully my 2nd pregnancy was successful - I had early scans at 5, 6 and 11 weeks - and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant; again I had early scans at 6 and 10 weeks which kept me sane in the 1st trimester. Let us know how you get on!x

williwonti Fri 26-Jul-13 12:49:52

I too had a MC in March and am currentlt 7+2 and totally understand. It's so hard but just keep distracted but positive and wish you lots of luck. I had a scan on Weds at 7 weeks (apparently am only 6+4 though) and the little hb was amazing.

Gerty1002 Fri 26-Jul-13 11:10:17

I have no experience of this but didn't want to read and run - I hope everything goes well for you and you get the reassurance you need.

I had an early scan at 6 weeks (now 35+0) due to bleeding and cramps and that was very scary, so I can't imagine how nervous you are. Hopefully everything will be fine and you will feel much better after today smile.

NotSoSuper Fri 26-Jul-13 10:26:14

Hi, I have a reassurance scan this afternoon after having a missed miscarriage in March.
I should be 9 weeks today I think so not sure what to expect. I am petrified we're going to get bad news again sad I have been doing well staying positive and thinking what will be will be but the closer it gets to the scan the more scared I get. My husband is great but just keep telling me everything will be fine and I shouldn't be stressing (easier said than done)
Not really sure why I'm posting just need to vent I guess don't really have anyone else to talk to as haven't told anyone about this pregnancy.
Sorry for rambling...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now