Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

gender of baby

(15 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Thu 25-Jul-13 18:18:58

Does anyone believe in mothers insticts? Before i had my mc i new i was having a girl i cud feel it and everyone kept sayin i was mad and now im pregnant again and i feelnlike im havin a boy .) does amyone else experience this

roofio87 Thu 25-Jul-13 18:21:55

I was absolutely convinced I was having a girl, no idea why. two scans later and its definitely a boy!!wink

SeriousStuff Thu 25-Jul-13 18:24:02

I was convinced I was having a boy. 20 week scan showed a girl...unless she develops some significant bits over the next 12 weeks, I was definitely wrong!

Futterby Thu 25-Jul-13 18:29:47

I was totally convinced from day 1 that I'm having a boy. Lo and behold, 20 week scan showed some perfectly formed boy's bits smile either way, you've got a 50% chance of being right ;)

Gerty1002 Thu 25-Jul-13 19:06:35

I 'knew' I was having a boy and was right, but as has already been said we've got a 50/50 chance of being correct!

I also have a strong feeling that baby is coming before due date (34+6), so we'll see if I'm right about that!

mummyneedinganswers Thu 25-Jul-13 19:29:55

Thanks smile its so strange all i cn think of is boys names n look at boys things xx

Shellywelly1973 Thu 25-Jul-13 20:34:40

Out of 5 dc Ive only been wrong once. I jade a MMC in February i was convinced it was a girl. Im pregnant again, i really want a girl but think its a boy.

I was convinced it was a boy.

DD is nearly two wink

plentyofsoap Thu 25-Jul-13 20:44:33

Felt first time it was a boy, this time a girl. Correct both times, but it could be lucky guess! I just felt it somehow difficult to explain.

mummyneedinganswers Thu 25-Jul-13 20:54:34

I was the exact same way as you plenyofsoap i jus new for defs with my mc and feel the same now xx

Lydia161290 Thu 25-Jul-13 22:11:41

Convinced I was having a boy and I am having a boy!
It was just this gut feeling and when I thought about my baby, I imagined a baby boy who looked like my DP.

JellyWellyWoo Thu 25-Jul-13 22:25:27

I was sure I was having a boy, but I had a girl. Was very happy though smile

williwonti Thu 25-Jul-13 23:09:25

I read once that the only statistic "they" couldn't quantify was that a strangely high percent of mothers who said they felt they could tell, could. I was sure it was a boy and it was. In fact, after i delivered him my first words were "i told you". I don't think it's that unreasonable to think some women can x

princesscupcakemummyb Thu 25-Jul-13 23:10:02

yes i do ive had 2 girls and now pregnant again which is a boy but before i even got my scan i knew and my instinct was correct so def possible smile

ZingWidge Fri 26-Jul-13 00:36:06

pg1 felt like a boy, kind of wanted a boy - had a boy (he is 12 tomorrow! )

pg2 I was convinced it was a girl - had a boy

pg3 not a clue, but last week of pg I actually wanted a girl. had another boy

pg4 ended in ELSC. I had pink and blue hairbands with me. I was on way to op theatre when I decided to use blue hairbands. had another boy.

pg5 ended in MC - I know it was a girl.

pg6 I was utterly convinced it was a girl. I spent over £100 on girl's clothes on Ebay.
at 20 weeks we found out we are having another boy. we laughed in disbelief. his name is Isaac (laughter)

pg7 I thought it was a girl as morning sickness was nowhere near as bad as with boys plus baby felt (and was! ) smaller.
but then I thought I was convinced and wrong twice already, so fully expected another boy, despite my intuition.
surprise, surprise we had a girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now