Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Should I tell after dating scan?

(26 Posts)
gatsby79 Thu 25-Jul-13 16:13:51

I have a dating scan tomorrow, although I will only be about 9 weeks pregnant. We haven't told anyone yet incase something goes wrong but I have had terrible morning sickness for the past month and so have basically been avoiding friends and family so they don't get suspicious! If all goes well at the scan tomorrow, should we tell close friends and family? To be honest, I want a little sympathy from my mum if nothing else!

frissonpink Sat 27-Jul-13 11:05:52

Congratulations grin

Totally up to you! I don't think there is a 'safe' time sorry (but that's based on a personal sad story), so I think you should tell when you feel happy to.

The only thing I would say, the earlier you tell, the longer your pregnancy will seem to go on! grin

Next time, I'm telling no one until it's blindingly obvious that I'm pregnant and not fat wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now