Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

What is your baby sleeping in for the first 6 months?

(54 Posts)
workingtitle Thu 25-Jul-13 10:11:14

We have a cotbed in the nursery, but can't have it in our room (no space) so need something that will do from birth - 6 months. I'm not keen on spending lots of money for something that will be used for such a short time, so looking for inspiration.
What are other people doing? Cribs, co-sleepers..? I guess a moses basket will only last a short time and some babies don't seem to like them?

mumoftwoboysS Fri 26-Jul-13 20:34:53

threefeet thanks for the insight/tip re co-sleeper cots/cribs. My main grudge with moses baskets is having to get out of bed, pick baby up, take them to bed etc. by that time they've woken and (potentially)take so long to settle- I was only thinking of my inconvenience but I didn't think about waking the baby- so it does make sense that baby might snooze more/not wake if just pulled closer to feed rather than lifted up.

however- after 2x failed bf I'm really bloody hoping that I'll succeed with DC3 and so looking at the co-sleeper crib idea. (bottle feeding would probably make the co-sleeper obsolete having to get out of bed and make bottles etc.)

RobotBananas Fri 26-Jul-13 20:37:58

Mejy-its 50cm wide, and 85m long (iirc) so quite a bit bigger

Any crib/travel cot bassinet/moses basket will only last until baby can push himself up, regardless of size.

RobotBananas Fri 26-Jul-13 20:43:53

I've just looked, and Moses basket mattresses seem to be anything from 28-40cm wide.
Hth smile

suntodayplease Fri 26-Jul-13 23:04:22

We started off with a Moses basket, but DD quickly preferred the look of my bed instead, so DH got temporarily got kicked out. Contemplating a crib this time - for the baby , not DH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now