Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - Keeping the worries at bay with Posifrickingtivity!!

(1000 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Sat 20-Jul-13 23:30:57

New thread ladies!

Happy birthday for tomorrow Bod sounds like you have a lovely day lined up!
DH is looking after DS tomorrow so I can go for a trip into York and a mooch round the shops. First stop will be a child free latte in Betty's!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 08:21:34

Oh No Cam! Id be pulling my hair out! You are perfctly entitled to call the GP and get a referral. EPAU will probably see you today and put your mind at rest! {{{hug}}} they are the loveliest bunch of people down there, they'll take good care of you. I'm crossing everything for you, my lovely Colchester buddy! X

Rockchick1984 Mon 22-Jul-13 08:38:41

Cam you will drive yourself insane if you wait til Wednesday!! Call your GP today, or even call the EPU direct and ask if you can move the appointment - explain why and chances are they will agree!!

Myrtle good luck for today, hoping everything goes well for you!

shellsocks Mon 22-Jul-13 08:43:31

No Charlotte, repeat No Charlotte grin

Good luck today myrtle smile

Oh cam I couldn't wait till Wed either, really hope it's nothing to worry abt xxx

shellsocks Mon 22-Jul-13 08:44:32

DH has just text me:

K-Mid In hosp in early stages labour. Bet they didn't try to send her home!��

JBrd Mon 22-Jul-13 08:49:19

Cam That's awful, fingers crossed for you.

Myrtle Good luck for you, too.

It is awful, this feeling that you're hanging in limbo and there is nothing that you can do but wait. Wishing you all lots of strength and patience.

I'm having a bit of a wobble at the moment, if I'm honest. Still no symptoms, apart from feeling very tired and a teeny-tiny bit queasy sometimes (for 5 minutes or so), and I can't help thinking that this lack of symptoms is exactly as it was with my two mcs... Plus, I keep having this dull backache, although I'm thinking that this could be due to overdoing it in the gym after we got back from holiday.
Still, I'm struggling to stay positive...
The news about Kate M going into hospital doesn't help. The EDD of my 1st mc is nearly here (end of July), and I'm getting reminders left right and centre wherever I look sad

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 22-Jul-13 09:03:00

Aw cam you poor thing. Ring up today and get a referral for epu (not sure how it works where you are but we have to talk to GP first). I'm so sorry and hope you're ok xxx

Oh dear it's not such a great morning in here is it girls.

saggy, a <<hug>> for you, it's ok, duck have a good sob. But where was DP to remind you to go to bed?!

cam get yourself to epau this morning. You don't need this stress so go and find out what's going on. <<hug>> for you too.

Sod 'unmumsnetty', we can give out hugs here can't we? We bloody need them.

jbrd and breathe she says repeating the advice she has just been given what's your next milestone and what can you do today to distract yourself?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 09:11:22

JBrd me old bump buddy, where is your positivity? Tiredness and nausea are GOOD signs! Come on now, chin up!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 09:14:38

Thunder DP and everyone else was already in bed. They had all left me to it, because I came in from work grumpy and tired and shouted at DD14 for not checking the ponies, so I had to do it and the water trough was bone dry and its about a million degrees and the hose is shite and I didn't get in until gone nine! confused sad angry

fod27 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:24:39

Hi guys..... Thought I'd pop over and see how you were getting on, I'm so so sorry to hear your news cam stay strong and please listen to the other ladies and try to see your GP.

On another note I too now have a BFP!!! Trying to book in with the Dr today, but to be honest I'm terrified

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 09:26:55

Join the club Fod! grin you're in good company!

Pixielady83 Mon 22-Jul-13 09:35:32

myrtle and cam hugs, thinking of you both and hoping for good outcomes for you, sorry you're going through this worry sad

off for a few days hol so may not be able to post depending on signal.

I wonder if Kate went in earlier than later so that there were no dodgy shots of her bent double and swearing at Wills! or if she is anything like me waddling with (full size bath!) towels between legs because my waters just didn't stop once they had gone, not a very dignified look! Apparently they were 'spotted' by some paps even though they went in the back of the hospital, what a shame. Hope she has plenty of fans on her, giving birth in 34 degrees is going to be awful.

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 22-Jul-13 09:37:55

Woop woop fod! that's excellent news. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Pentagon Mon 22-Jul-13 09:49:07

congratulations fod and welcome!

myrtle good luck today, thinking of you!

oh cam that's so stressful, can you contact EPAU and see if you can get an appointment earlier than Wednesday? Fingers crossed all is well

jbrd I also had back pain (which I took as a bad sign but it didn't mean anything) and on and off queasiness so you can never tell...

Kate goes into labour at last! It's nice to have some excitement this morning (I'm at work and can't keep my eyes open...yawn)

WhatWillSantaBring Mon 22-Jul-13 10:07:23

Oh, what a mixed morning <<hands round Krispy Kremes>>.

Congrats to fod and to k-Mid . Ok, so I know she hasn't posted on here, but as we all now know how common it is, she may well have been part of our miserable little club, and if she isn't then I'm strangely pleased that she's been spared the pain. whereas with other people I get strangely jealous that they've had it so easy. Any woman giving birth to a healthy baby is a happy day, no matter who they are. And I'm sure they have the a/c on to a nice 18 degrees for her.

Sorry to hear about the stress for cam and myrtle. Fingers crossed for you both.

Still haven't felt any movement - 17 weeks now and I'm sure this was the week I felt it with DC1 AND I had an anterior placenta. Relying on statistics to keep me sane - I know things are fine. Healthy heartbeat heard at 15+5, so no reason to think its gone wrong.

Shattered today as well, not sleeping well even though our bedroom is at last a tiny bit cooler than the surface of the sun.

shellsocks Mon 22-Jul-13 10:41:12

Sorry you are feeling low saggy and jbrd you'll get thru today and feel the posifrickintivity tomorrow smile

Congrats fod good to see you here grin Hope you have an uneventful pregnancy smile

santa I felt this baby 2 weeks after I'd felt DS and I'm smaller too...everyone says that you feel
Second babies earlier and are bigger but it's obviously not always the case!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 10:49:44

I'm feeling happier now! I started reading this thread and I've been lying in bed chuckling! crying with laughter

CamomileHoneyVanilla Mon 22-Jul-13 11:12:34

Sadly the perfect EPU are now not answering their phone. I'm not really in any doubt about what's happening so not really stressed as such. There's clots and everything now. I'm at work so luckily have gone in to detached pragmatic mode (will deal with emotional fallout later). Going to cancel this afternoons clients and head home though I think. Not really up to this happening again. sad

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 11:16:01

Oh Cam. I'm so so sorry. I just don't know what to say! {{{hugs}}}

WhatWillSantaBring Mon 22-Jul-13 11:19:59

Oh cam, I'm so sorry. Its shite in everyway, but remind yourself that you will get through it somehow. I felt much the sameway with my second - I just couldn't face having to deal with the emotional fallout again. However, an important tip I got from a friend was to make sure that you do let yourself grieve again - she didn't (thought "oh its fine, I've done this before and I'll be absolutely fine") and it was a good year later that she realised you can't cheat the grieving process. But you will come through it and survive, because you're made of strong stuff. {{{hugs}}}

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 12:30:11

I wish there was something I could do to help Cam. sad
I've got bother milestone to add to my list. Got my dating scan date this morning. 9 September. It says one adult and my own well behaved children. Dcs are 17 and 14. I can sneak them in under those rules right? hmm grin

Pixielady83 Mon 22-Jul-13 12:33:15

so sorry cam xxx

Pentagon Mon 22-Jul-13 13:04:43

oh cam I'm so sorry sad both my miscarriages were missed ones (only discovered at my 12-week scan) so I have no experience of bleeding and clotting and can't offer much advice...are you 100% sure that it's happening? Will you be getting a scan? I know the emotional fallout is the worst part and takes a while to hit.... But as santa said, you should let yourself grieve as much as you need and when you feel ready, try again. I know it's easier said than done but we've all been through it and we just have to grit our teeth and hope for the best - the desire for a (or another) child is stronger than anything else, isn't it? Thinking of you flowers

GuffSmuggler Mon 22-Jul-13 13:36:07

So sorry cam it's so unfair sad Please look after yourself.

Great to see you here fod

JBrd Mon 22-Jul-13 13:37:25

Cam So sorry to hear what you're going through, nature is so cruel. And I agree with what the others have said - no matter how often you experience a mc, the emotional fallout might be different each time, but it's going to happen, one way or another. Be kind to yourself.

saggy envy of your scan date! I have to wait for the mw to arrange it, and I doubt that she will do that before I have my booking apt.

Welcome fod!

Looking at milestones that I could set myself - not many, really! Getting to the next week is usually the one that I'm working to, Wednesday is my 'changeover day', I will be 6 weeks this week. But it will only get worse, as both my mcs started around the 7-8 weeks point. Fortunately, I have a lot to do at work, so I have to stay focussed on that. Works most of the time...

Does any of you ladies discuss your fears with your DP/DH? I sometimes feel a bit alone in this all, but although on one hand I do want him to know how worried I am, I also don't want to constantly be harping on about it. However, he never asks how I feel... We're both very cautious about getting too excited just yet, but the mantra is 'Today I am pregnant' after all.

This thread is not accepting new messages.