Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - Keeping the worries at bay with Posifrickingtivity!!

(1000 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Sat 20-Jul-13 23:30:57

New thread ladies!

Happy birthday for tomorrow Bod sounds like you have a lovely day lined up!
DH is looking after DS tomorrow so I can go for a trip into York and a mooch round the shops. First stop will be a child free latte in Betty's!

williwonti Sun 21-Jul-13 19:27:21

It's not just me then??!! Thank god!!! It took me ages to snap out of it, really not like me but guess you are all right, it is my subconcious battling through. Waking up is really horrible as it reminds me of the MC and waiting up to "check". But like you say, I am pregnant today. I am actually coping a lot better than i thought. One of the odd things about this situation is you don't want the 12 wks scan quite so desperately as know are pregnant today. Don't think that makes sense but I know what I mean. Also helps that I will be having an early scan, either with NHS or private (posted separately about this).

Pentagon Sun 21-Jul-13 19:49:20

thanks for the new thread choc!

Happy Birthday "bod*! Hope you're having a lovely day!

ibip your little one has good taste wink

anda I hope you're enjoying the antenatal classes and you get to meet some nice people

welcome will, bad/weird dreams are a pregnancy symptom apparently! How far along are you?

Not much to report here...feeling OK but the heat makes me feel so tired...

shellsocks Sun 21-Jul-13 21:02:50

Thanks rockchick grin The couple who's party it is are going as batman and cat woman so we have been asked to not do that, but I can do something similar as a female counterpart to whoever DH goes as? Love this sticker idea smile

williwonti Sun 21-Jul-13 22:01:33

I'm not a namechanger and am 6+5 so early doors. Busy week in work and a 2 year old to keep me busy now. Will keep busy and positive now with all your help.

VenusInfers Sun 21-Jul-13 22:03:40

Hi Guys, also marking my place.

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 21-Jul-13 22:14:03

Stats 21st July Today we are pregnant

GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10 Aug
Andadietcoke, 1MC, 0DC, EDD 10th September, next scan 13th August
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31 October
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 9 Nov
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov 4D scan 17 August
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov.
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 16 Nov
GardenWorm: 1DC, 2MC, EDD 19th November,
Janielovesluckysocks: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 22 Nov,
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, EDD 23rd Nov
Vixjane: 2 MC, EDD 24 Nov,
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November.
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec
ChocolateCremeEggbag: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 16 Dec, Anomoly scan 26 July
DIYandEatCake: 1dd, 1mc, EDD ?16 dec
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 29Dec Anomoly scan 16 Aug
pumpkinsweetie mc1, EDD 03 Jan
Christinedaae - 1DD, 1MC, EDD 25th Jan, anomaly scan 6th Sept
Pixielady83 1DD, 1MMC, EDD 3 March
GuffSmuggler: 1DS, 1MCC, EDD 4 March
Rock: 1DS, 1MMC, EDD 4 March
VenusInfers: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 4March
Postmanpatandhisblackandwhitecat:1DD,2DS,1MC EDD 7 March 2014
JBrd: 1DS, 2MC, EDD 16 March
SaggyOldClothPussCat: 1MC, 1DD, 1DS, EDD 18 March
Liesl:
Omri: 1DS, 1MMS, EDD 24 March

New arrivals

Jessw25 Baby Oliver born 9 July 2013 5lb 11oz

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sun 21-Jul-13 22:24:59

better change my edd so lucky and i are joint 9th in the top 10! smile

Stats 21st July Today we are pregnant

GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10 Aug
Andadietcoke, 1MC, 0DC, EDD 10th September, next scan 13th August
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31 October
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 9 Nov
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov 4D scan 17 August
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov.
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 16 Nov
GardenWorm: 1DC, 2MC, EDD 19th November,
Janielovesluckysocks: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 23rd Nov,
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, EDD 23rd Nov
Vixjane: 2 MC, EDD 24 Nov,
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November.
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec
ChocolateCremeEggbag: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 16 Dec, Anomoly scan 26 July
DIYandEatCake: 1dd, 1mc, EDD ?16 dec
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 29Dec Anomoly scan 16 Aug
pumpkinsweetie mc1, EDD 03 Jan
Christinedaae - 1DD, 1MC, EDD 25th Jan, anomaly scan 6th Sept
Pixielady83 1DD, 1MMC, EDD 3 March
GuffSmuggler: 1DS, 1MCC, EDD 4 March
Rock: 1DS, 1MMC, EDD 4 March
VenusInfers: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 4March
Postmanpatandhisblackandwhitecat:1DD,2DS,1MC EDD 7 March 2014
JBrd: 1DS, 2MC, EDD 16 March
SaggyOldClothPussCat: 1MC, 1DD, 1DS, EDD 18 March
Liesl:
Omri: 1DS, 1MMS, EDD 24 March

New arrivals

Jessw25 Baby Oliver born 9 July 2013 5lb 11oz

GaryBuseysTeeth Sun 21-Jul-13 22:27:10

Added you to stats Christine!

Happy birthday Bod flowers

shell, Penguin from Batman...hopefully you have the waddle to carry it off grin Loads of superheroes have children (at some point in their universes/alt-universes, yes I am a geek!) but I can't think of many properly famous ones. Love rock's idea!

Jess, good luck with the breastfeeding...hope you don't feel guilty if it doesn't pan out. brew for you, cannot believe he's 12days old already!

Hurrah for booking apt JMF!

Had another trip to Fetal Assesment Unit today, bloody baby is really trying to turn me grey early! Everything is fine..losing my mucus plug for the last 3 days so fingers crossed it turns into something (all the pain I mentioned last week has gone).

Hope everyone has a lovely week.

DIYandEatCake Sun 21-Jul-13 22:39:49

Hi everyone, still here!
jess you probably won't read this but all the best for the future, so pleased everything's worked out well for you. All the best with the breastfeeding, the early days can be hard. If you haven't already looked up la leche league near you I really recommend them, we're members and have had so much help and support there.
shell the party sounds fab!
bod happy birthday, and chocolate hope you enjoyed your child free trip to York.
pink can't go wrong with a bit of culture! I'm a musician and played in Beethoven's 5th symphony at about 7 months last time, and dd was going wild the whole way through. Mind you when I practise at home now she shouts 'mummy don't like it, put it away NOW!'
Still twiddling my thumbs waiting for Tuesday (20wk scan) to come...!

maybemyrtle Sun 21-Jul-13 22:47:08

Hi ladies, thanks so much for all the welcomes! smile This is a really lovely and kind thread flowers I'll add my stats to the list tomorrow (hopefully!!!)

Ok so here's my update: called EPU about the spotting and cramping as the pain had got a bit worse on Friday afternoon (it's been fine again since). They sent me back to my GP for referral. My GP was off so spoke to a locum who sent me on a wild goose chase to ante-natal assessment at a neighbouring hospital - they don't deal with anyone under 17 weeks so complete waste of time. Locum seemed to think it is ectopic, not sure why though as cramping is general lower ab and not specifically one side or the other.

So after the wrong referral, locum calls me back and tells me to go to EPU 9am Monday morning, nil by mouth for 6 hrs prior. He said they'd do a scan and take bloods, but nil by mouth means general anaesthetic I think? Wonder if they're planning to operate tomorrow morning because I'm not ready for that.... What do you guys think?

And spotting and cramping weeks 4-6 is normal, right...? Or is not? confused

I hope that everyone is well and healthy and had a lovely sunny weekend x

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 21-Jul-13 23:03:05

Maybe brown and or red spotting can be a symptom of ectopic and ectopic pg can be extremely dangerous. If the pg is ectopic and it looks like there is a chance your tube might rupture at any minute, they need to act quickly. You are quite early on still so its unlikely I think, but better safe than sorry.
Of course, there is a good chance that it is totally nothing. Spotting can occur anytime and be completely pointless, and cramps are very common. Better to cover all of your bases and go to the scan prepared though. Think how wonderful I will be to sit down to a lovely breakfast afterwards, knowing everything is ok! smile
Willi pregnancy dreams are hormone related and very common! I gave birth to all my internal organs while asleep when pg with DD! confused and also ended up with a donut instead of a baby! grin which is ironic because I could murder a Krispy Kreme Donut right now! sad

IBelieveInPink Sun 21-Jul-13 23:29:50

Damnit saggy I could so go for a Krispy Kreme!

Maybe - good luck for scan tomorrow. Will be crossing fingers for you

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sun 21-Jul-13 23:32:21

Oh myrtle I hope all goes well in the morning, got everything crossed x

I've never had a crispy Kreme but I know I want one. My late night cornflakes didn't hit the spot dammit!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 21-Jul-13 23:38:35

What saggy said about the nil by mouth. I really, truly hope all is well for you myrtle. Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning xxx

jmf294 Mon 22-Jul-13 07:04:28

Thoughts with you today myrtle xx

ChristineDaae Mon 22-Jul-13 07:05:45

Good luck this morning myrtle. Will be thinking of you!

Morning all,

Good luck myrtle, fingers crossed all is well.

I want doughnuts!

Goodluck myrtle, hope all is well xxx

GardenWorm Mon 22-Jul-13 07:31:20

Good luck Myrtle, in my experience the GP's have been pretty unknowledgeable! Sounds like the locum didn't have a clue sending you to the wrong place then ramped it up afterwards to cover all the bases. As has been said spotting and cramping can be very normal (aargh!). I have everything crossed for you and at least you have the earliest appt so there is less of an agonising wait for you. Will be thinking of you x

andadietcoke Mon 22-Jul-13 07:43:15

jmf yep - NCT. I'm hoping we'll stay in touch. If I have a vaginal birth then I don't have a choice about an epidural, so the last thing I wanted was scare stories!

myrtle I had cramping and spotting - it can definitely be normal. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Ooh ooh ooh, K-mid is in labour. I'm excited. Funny - I was dreading today in case it was anywhere near my mc EDD. And it's not grin

jmf294 Mon 22-Jul-13 07:46:31

Oh- just seen the sky news announcement - how exciting.
Apparently the Queen has to agree the name so there can be a delay in announcing the name. Go Kate!!

andadietcoke Mon 22-Jul-13 07:57:14

I feel so sorry for her in this heat and with being so completely under the microscope.

Also excited about names - mantra for today...Anything but Charlotte, anything but Charlotte, anything but Charlotte wink

maybemyrtle Mon 22-Jul-13 07:58:27

Thanks so much everyone - I'll report back later this morning. I really don't have much faith in the locum I spoke to so I'm not overly worried, EPU didn't mention ectopic as a possibility and they're the experts! Fingers crossed though of course. Posifrickingtivity, right? smile

I want doughnnuts too now!!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 22-Jul-13 08:00:55

Oh lord! Bad morning! Ive just woken up on the sofa where I have been since I sat down to watch The White Queen last night! I have a crick in places I didn't know you could get them! I had horrible MC dreams all night, and I've got the miseries this morning because DD was really upset last night because her best friend is moving far away tomorrow, and I've been blubbering since I got up because she is unhappy! sad

CamomileHoneyVanilla Mon 22-Jul-13 08:17:48

Bad morning here too. Woke up to bleeding (red, quite a bit) and cramps. Aware that this can end up being fine but what with them, no sickness and not yet getting a 3+ on clearblue (despite being nearly seven weeks) all positivity 'frickin' or otherwise has left the building.

Planning on just waiting for scan on Weds unless I get really bad pain - is that a reasonable plan?

This thread is not accepting new messages.