Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - Keeping the worries at bay with Posifrickingtivity!!

(1000 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Sat 20-Jul-13 23:30:57

New thread ladies!

Happy birthday for tomorrow Bod sounds like you have a lovely day lined up!
DH is looking after DS tomorrow so I can go for a trip into York and a mooch round the shops. First stop will be a child free latte in Betty's!

IBelieveInPink Mon 29-Jul-13 20:35:01

Aww hey lol! Lovely to see you! Congratulations on your baby girl, so nice to hear the good news.
Hope you are all well and the birth was okay.
Congratulations!! X

GuffSmuggler Mon 29-Jul-13 20:42:26

Goooooooooooo gary!!! grin

Congrats belissima is great to hear people getting to the end of this journey with a snuggly little newborn.

DIYandEatCake Mon 29-Jul-13 21:24:25

Wow gary, all the best of luck and really hoping everything goes smoothly for you and baby, and that it doesn't take too long.
Congratulations belissima! Lovely to hear your news.
janie that's great about your mat pay, I remember your boss worries from a couple of months ago. Whoever was talking about tiredness (sorry am on my phone and can't see last page now) I'm with you. Dp thinks I'm completely making it up though, grrr! If he whinges 'this place is such a mess' whilst dumping his smelly gym kit on the floor one more time...!

JanieLovesLuckySocks Mon 29-Jul-13 21:38:39

congrats belissima!! love to hear such a happy story!

diy i know how you feel!! when i was knackered on the sofa yesterday afternoon, i moaned that i was angry cos the house was so bloody messy...DH just told me it wasn't going to get tidied if i was just lying on the settee!! raaaaaage!!!!

shellsocks Mon 29-Jul-13 21:42:30

Oooo keep thinking abt you gary hope you are holding your baby soon xxx

andadietcoke Mon 29-Jul-13 21:46:10

Awwww Lol congratulations! And thanks for dropping in. It was you b-name graduates and your BFPs (and not coming back to the thread) that helped me have a little bit of faith. So pleased for you. Enjoy every teeny tiny snuggly baby minute xx

Chocolateteabag Mon 29-Jul-13 22:16:33

Yay Go Gary! - hope you are already through the tough bit

Another knackered one here, spent the weekend trying to look after DS and feeling exhausted. Work has been a rest today!

Lovely news Belissima - congratulations on your baby girl, it is lovely to get baby news on this thread smile

Wonder if gary has had her baby?

Pentagon Tue 30-Jul-13 09:08:41

gary how exciting!! Good luck, I hope it goes smoothly and quickly!

belissima congratulations on your baby girl! It's lovely when people come back and share their happy ending! I hope you're enjoying motherhood (it's amazing, isn't it?)

janie great news about the pay!!

WhatWillSantaBring Tue 30-Jul-13 09:09:29

Ooooh, I hope gary has had her baby and both are safe and well. An induction is my worst nightmare <shudders remembering what happened when they gave my oxytocin as my labour slowed>

Gary's comments yesterday are going to make me get on my soapbox. Its too early for a lot of you but getting to that point with many of you.... COUNT THE KICKS countthekicks.org.uk/ Always call your midwife if you think movements have changed. After 26 weeks or so, you should always be able to feel kicks. (Not just movements- proper kicks). This is a good thread, telling you mostly happy stories here

I'm not trying to scare people, but reassure you all that your mw/hospital will never never make you feel stupid for worrying. I went in at 32 weeks with my last pregnancy and they were so unbelievably lovely to me. I had a scary 24 hours when DC1 was being a lazy arse, but they monitored me loads, and never once made me feel like I was being a panicky first time mum. Also, listen to your hospital, and if they recommend getting things going (a la Gary), go with it. bumpkitty, I don't know if you remember, but there was a girl on the Dec 2010 thread who insisted on going home rather than being induced. So so sad.

Anyway, lecture over ladies, as you were. (Sorry if I've scared you, that is not my intent, but it is an awareness thing that I was very unaware of until I went in with DC1).

IBelieveInPink Tue 30-Jul-13 09:15:50

<squeezes on to soapbox with santa> What santa said. I know it's early but I have already been in once as movements had changed, and midwives wanted me in to check.
They were absolutely lovely, didn't make me feel silly at all, had a good check of baby and sent me home. Only took hour and half in total including travel to hospital, but was entirely worth it to know everything is okay.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 30-Jul-13 10:18:10

HEEELLLPPPP MMMEEEE! I'm stuck in the Lake District with my insane mountain climbing In Laws! confused they had me up to 1500ft on Sunday! I haven't been able to move since! confused grin I'd like to secretly confess that when I made it to the top I did feel immensely proud of myself, shh, dont tell them but seriously, I really feel knackered now! I'm going to make them go Kayaking tomorrow, because that's what I am good at! grin
Also, a question... Is it ok to have a full body massage? (70 long minutes of bliss) We are booked in for one tomorrow, but now I'm not sure and I am soooo looking forward to it!

andadietcoke Tue 30-Jul-13 10:19:39

Yep. I spent Sunday stressing about Ethel's movement and went in Sunday evening for CTG monitoring. She was kicking away, I just couldn't feel it at all. They were really lovely, and told me to come in any time I wanted, even if it was the next day. They would much rather you were reassured and they can check everything's okay.

In other news... 34 weeks today - feels like a big milestone, not sure why!!

Hope you're okay gary - have been thinking of you.

Janie that's brilliant - even if it's just a little bit it makes a difference. Very jealous!

andadietcoke Tue 30-Jul-13 10:39:55

Oh god saggy that sounds like my worst nightmare - well done you! But the massage envy - I am massively jealous! Should be fine, just watch out for aromatherapy oils - think some should be avoided.

[strops off to find a prenatal massage for next week] We get to give ourselves maternity leave presents, don't we?!

IBelieveInPink Tue 30-Jul-13 10:42:39

Saggy - yes I think massage is okay, but would be worth mentioning it so they don't use any of the oils that aren't advised in pregnancy. There are a few that 'contract' muscles which obviously aren't great. The usual ones like lavender are fine, but should be used in half quantities when pg, so worth letting them know.

Diet - Ethel? 34 weeks, wow! That seems like forever away, but means you are oh so close! And have you finished work now? Things starting to get real?

saggy 1500ft blimey, i would probably die from being knackeredgrin, you definetely deserve that massgage! Aswell as a rest!

Santa very good post re baby movements, very important to get checked out-mother is always right!

Anda 34 weekssmile, aww so close to having your babies and definetely a milestone to be happy about. I'm looking forward to getting to 24wks, then hopefully i will relax!-i'm 17wks at mo.

JBrd Tue 30-Jul-13 11:31:11

saggy I'm jealous of your holiday! I love hill walking/climbing, esp in the Lake District envy

However, I think you might find that once you mention that you are pg and in the 1st trimester, they might not want to give you the massage... Definitely watch out for the aromatic oils!
I could be wrong, but in my experience, beauty therapists, massage people etc won't touch you with a barge pole until you're at least 12 weeks! They are just covering their backs, you might get away with signing a consent form. Hope you can have your massage!

I am pleased to announce that after waking up last night at about 3am, feeling as if I was about to puke (I didn't), I feel absolutely bleurgh today grin
Good for reassurance, not so good for work confused

andadietcoke Tue 30-Jul-13 11:44:25

ibip three more work get-ups!
Ethel and Marjorie are their 'working titles' - Ethel is twin 1 and Marjorie is twin 2. They'll have 'proper' names when they're born. Maybe wink

IBelieveInPink Tue 30-Jul-13 12:04:32

Haha, love it diet! How do you tell which is which? Do they always stay the same sides, or can they move around each other?

Lieslvontrapp Tue 30-Jul-13 12:27:00

Thinking of you gary! Hope you've got your baby in your arms!

Diet not long to go now!

Saggy impresses with the active holiday! Hope you get your massage! I had one at 8 weeks on holiday and I told them and they used different product and made me lie on my side.

Still ill but feeling a bit better. My pregnancy concern at the minute is that at the weekend I thought my bump had popped but it's since gone down. Think it must have been bloating. Has any

Lieslvontrapp Tue 30-Jul-13 12:27:37

Has anyone experienced that? 12 weeks t

Lieslvontrapp Tue 30-Jul-13 12:28:25

Stupid phone! 12 weeks tomorrow!

andadietcoke Tue 30-Jul-13 12:28:53

They've been in the same place for a while now. Ethel is cephalic with her legs to maternal left, with an anterior placenta. Marjorie is transverse also with her legs to my left. They were both transverse at 28w but they don't expect them to move much now as they haven't got much space.

GuffSmuggler Tue 30-Jul-13 13:17:24

Hi saggy - we went to posh hotel the weekend before last and the spa wouldn't give me a massage, they said they won't massage anyone before 12 weeks, something to do with not wanting to interfere before the uterus 'pops' out and the oils.

They wouldn't even give me a head and shoulder massage because of the oils. I was a bit gutted but thought better to safe as they must have their reasons. Another beauty place has also told me the same.

liesl I think it's quite normal for it to pop in and out until you get a massive bump...!

I hope gary is ok and pushing out a snuggling newborn grin

WhatWillSantaBring Tue 30-Jul-13 15:06:29

Yeah, lots of people won't do stuff (or let you do stuff) before you're 12 weeks not because there is any good reason, but because they're worried that you'll blame a miscarriage on them. There is no medically proven link between massages (with, say, almond oil) and miscarriages, but because no-one knows what causes 90% of miscarriages, its too risky for them.

Its the same as the NHS not taking my blood when I was between miscarriages. Even though I was not and couldn't have been pregnant when I went, they wouldn't take it, "best to be safe".

This thread is not accepting new messages.