Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

What does it feel like

(21 Posts)
BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 16:20:30

I know this has been done to death but help me work out if this is baby moving?

It feels like sort of vibrating sensation that only happens when I'm lying still. I'm 18+1 if that helps.

I have been lying on the sofa playing music on my phone, resting it on my belly and the feeling started again.

Everyone says its like pops, but I don't think this is pops, more of a constant feeling.

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 16:22:12

Oh, forgot to mention it is really low down. Just above my knicker line.

Could be! grin

DrMcDreamysWife Fri 19-Jul-13 16:56:00

Yup sounds like bub to me. Really low down is where you will feel baby at this point.

Exciting! Congratulations!

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 17:00:05

I just felt what I probably could describe as popping...maybe....grin

its all very exciting.

entertaining myself by putting my phone on my belly and the feeling ramps up and then take it off and it calms down grin

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 17:01:47

also my belly keeps moving. looks like a heartbeat..a twitchy every second or so. it's bizarre...

CuteLittleToes Fri 19-Jul-13 17:04:53

I've had the same at 17 weeks, so must be baby smile

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 17:05:20

ooh how exciting cute grin

At least another 10 weeks before I get to feel this again! sad

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 20:34:18

sad poor saggy but just think how magical it will be when you do feel it smile

EmB1715 Fri 19-Jul-13 20:42:10

I have the constant heartbeat movement too..it's your pulse!

Indeed! Ive got a long way to go yet though. Each day lasts a week!

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 21:08:49

my pulse is making my belly move. how weird confused is it supposed to do that?

ah yeah I remember the early days where a day lasted a week. I'm only 18 weeks now but it seems 5 minutes since the 12 week scan.

purplemurple1 Fri 19-Jul-13 21:27:45

I could feel/see my pulse in the early weeks I guess its the umbilical cord etc growing, the bb felt (not suprisngly) like I was being flicked from inside (like you flick the top of someones ear - if you're being a bit mean).

sazzle82 Fri 19-Jul-13 21:31:28

That's exactly how I would describe it Purple, like being flicked from the inside. That and little pops like bubbles going off inside x

When I described the feeling to DH I said it felt like when you get a twitch in your eyelid grin

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Fri 19-Jul-13 22:28:29

I want bubbles sad I guess they'll be along soon and I'll be moaning because baby is keeping me up or kicking my bladder haha grin

lockie1983 Fri 19-Jul-13 22:47:04

Aw lush ! I miss those first flutters grin munch is two and a half weeks old now !! To me it was sort of a vibration or a buzzing ... A bit like how a bumblebee in a jar might feel inside you ... If that makes sense smile

TobyLerone Sat 20-Jul-13 08:24:26

Saggy, are you pregnant? Congratulations! flowers

I'm 16 weeks and I'm sure I felt something yesterday. It's been over 12 years since I had a baby, so I've forgotten all I ever knew.

BumbleBeesGoBuzz Sat 20-Jul-13 09:52:02

that's exactly what it felt like. I little bee smile

PhieEl06 Sat 20-Jul-13 10:26:02

That's how it felt for me, now at my due date & had a knee sticking out the side last night, make the most of enjoying it, watching & feeling my belly move is the one thing I'll miss the most when my baby arrives!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now