Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what are you all wearing in this heat, i really want to find just one nice dress to look nice in the heat in 25 weeks with quite a bump,please give me some tips

(24 Posts)
Kelly1814 Thu 18-Jul-13 12:35:39

kd83 i have the exact same asos dress, it is amazing! great dressed up or down.

itsliz Thu 18-Jul-13 11:07:31

If you're after a nice cool, comfy dress then I'd highly recommend this one from New Look that I bought a couple of days ago:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/shop-department/maternity-red-tapestry-floral-maxi-dress_287735509

I was really struggling to find any flattering or comfortable maternity wear but this is absolutely perfect (even if I do need to take it up an inch or two since I'm too short for maxi dresses...!) and it's sooo nice to wear in this heat!

Good luck, and let us know if you find any good bargains! grin

Tulipsandbuttercups Thu 18-Jul-13 07:20:10

I got three dresses from h&m materity £12.99 each so comfy

LostMySocks Wed 17-Jul-13 23:24:17

I love the Jojo sale too but beware some of the styles are less good on larger boobs. I have one dress that I love and one that I need to send back as too large across my back and just isn't decent at the front.

Lj8893 Wed 17-Jul-13 23:00:47

I am living in stretchy maxi dresses, maxi skirts and t shirts. Some of which is maternity, but most of it isn't.

I'm usually a 16/18 and have found that with the right material (loose or stretchy) I haven't had to go up any sizes for it to accommodate my ever growing bump! and boobs

moominmaiden Wed 17-Jul-13 22:56:00

New look are really good; I'm 39 weeks so can't justify buying anything else so have been living in one of their maternity maxi dresses and a short jersey dress from mothercare in the sale (they have another sale on now so you've still time to pick up a few bargains).

I've also discovered that non maternity maxi skirts fit if I wear them low on the hip with a longish maternity vest.

suntodayplease Wed 17-Jul-13 21:37:33

Gap maternity maxi dress or maxi skirt and vest. Best buys so far!

littleomar Wed 17-Jul-13 21:07:27
FoofFighter Wed 17-Jul-13 21:02:33

Living in a maxi dress from George, not maternity, just normal size, it's jersey and stretchy. Not online any more though so can't show you, but really recommend them.

And at home, a simple old cotton nightie as it's cool and crisp and floaty.

Lion5711 Wed 17-Jul-13 19:42:56

H and m are brilliant for maternity loose summer dresses- its worth looking in normal range as they are more than accommodating-but j guess may rise at front as time goes on!

chocolatemartini Wed 17-Jul-13 18:35:43

Right now um hot pants and a vest. Wouldn't venture out in them though. I have decided maxi dresses are the way forwards for outside in public

Gingerandlemon Wed 17-Jul-13 18:33:43

I second the jojo maman bebe sale! I got the pale blue spotty dress and it's super comfy and so cool no matter how hot it gets. Normally I find them a bit pricey but the sale prices are great. Otherwise I've got some non maternity dresses from white stuff/ seasalt (again both sale!) where the sizes are generous anyway so I only went a size or two up (if you're careful to get a style that will work with a bump). I'm 34 weeks with a humongous bump, incidentally and a lot of the maternity wear I originally got doesn't fit me anymore.

Babybump26 Wed 17-Jul-13 17:16:24

I've got 4 stretchy long dresses from Primark. I love them and they are only £10 each! I've just bought them in a bigger size than usual

quackojuliet Wed 17-Jul-13 16:52:59

I like wrap dresses,they flatter the bump and are nice and comfy in the weather. I'm wearing one from coast got it 2nd hand for cheap.though its not maternity. Also have a cotton wrap dress from new look maternity which is pretty good.

kd83 Wed 17-Jul-13 16:29:08

I'm a fan of jojo maman bebe and they have a sale on at the moment so you might be able to pick up a bargain.

I'm 28 weeks and just ordered a second sleeveless dress from them. They are nice light cotton and have plenty of room for bum[ growth.

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/pp++dresses

I'm also wearing a lot of ASOS stretchy tshirt dresses which are very comfy and offer a bit of bump support. I have three in different colours and just rotate them for work at the moment with a pair of sandals.

www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Exclusive-Bodycon-Midi-Dress-With-Half-Sleeve/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2958455&cid=5813&Rf900=1465&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Blacklongerlength

Nellysgirl Wed 17-Jul-13 16:03:14

I've been wearing tesco dresses in size 18 x

MrsLianeB Wed 17-Jul-13 15:36:51

I agree about George I was a 16/18 pre pregnancy and have got 2 lovely maxi dresses to stay cool in in an 18/20. My maternity stuff is from next (sale) and new look but leggings and dresses have been a saviour whilst in this heat!

lauracutee Wed 17-Jul-13 15:30:16

I love Hell Bunny - some of their dresses are cut perfectly for a huge bump I'm almost due and they are soooo comfy. They look great too. Depends on your style but I love the rockabilly/pin-up look and it's great that I can still wear my usual style (and not melt!) while pregnant.

Bunnylion Wed 17-Jul-13 15:18:13

I'm wearing this dress right now link

It's very light weight material and also comes in pink. I've got both and if you do get a bit sweaty it doesn't show on the fabric.

EmB1715 Wed 17-Jul-13 15:12:00

I'm wearing a H&M maternity dress in a kind of rainforest/green print..have a look out for it, it's so loose and cool and still looks nice!

Rollermum Wed 17-Jul-13 15:06:01

I am an 18-20 and struggled to find anything to fit myself into. George at Asda have saved the day - surprisingly, not shopped there before. I have a nice black wrap dress from there where fits really well and has expanded nicely. I have a similar cut wrap dress from Mothercare too.

thanks booby, I shall look on there

bobby1984 Wed 17-Jul-13 14:35:14

Hi

Newlook have some nice maternity stuff in http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity_1920017 x

just one nice dress or outfit would do me, the rest of the time I can wear short and old stretchy tops

just cant bloody find anything

so what are you wearing

and have you seen anything nice in the shop or online?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now