Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are big babies easier to push out???

(28 Posts)
lisaleigh1986 Wed 17-Jul-13 10:36:36

its all in the title smile

KnittedWaffle Wed 17-Jul-13 21:46:04

In my experience, no!
DD - 6lb7.5 took a bit of pushing but nothing too bad (midwife was great)
DS1 - 6lb13.5 came out easy as 1,2,3!
DS2 - 7lb11 (98 centile head hmm ) although he arrived quickly he was a bugger to get out.
I pushed and pushed but when I asked the midwife if his head was out she said no! It was bloody agony.
He was born with a fetching cone on one side of his head where he'd been stuck down there for a while.*

*disclaimer - it may have been my crap pelvic floor muscles that made it harder.

beckie90 Wed 17-Jul-13 21:46:09

Mine wasn't, first 6ib 8, 2 pushes and out. Second was 9ib and pushing 2hr and ended with assisted but he was back to back so could have been dif if he wasn't

NorkyButNice Wed 17-Jul-13 22:04:10

Ds2 was 11lb 3 and arrived 3 hours after the first contraction (gas and air and birthing pool for pain relief).

Ds1 was 8lb 13 and turned up 8 hours after my waters broke as I went for my morning wee! I had an epidural so completely different labour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now