Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wah! Can't sleep won't sleep!

(16 Posts)
kimblesj Mon 15-Jul-13 00:44:54

So it's 00:41 and I haven't yet been to sleep! Spent the day cleaning, the evening ironing eldest sons uniform and convincing 2 year old son to sleep in this heat. Went to bed at 10.30 after nice cool shower and then it all began! Partners van alarm started going off over and over again, small son woke up being too hot, cat meowed at door to come in, the son I am
Currently 24 weeks pregnant with decided he might like to play and my dead leg went dead! I have to get up for work at 6.30 and I really want to sleep confused

kimblesj Mon 15-Jul-13 00:46:02

I forgot to add i have needed at least 20 wees in this time frame also angry

Lydia161290 Mon 15-Jul-13 01:25:40

Got no advice, but all I can say is that I am the same and it is torture. 38 weeks and find myself lying in bed staring up at the ceiling. Then every 20 minutes getting up to pee.

Today I cleaned, I ironed, I cleaned some more, I messed around with my hospital bag, had a cooling shower, watched some telly, read a book, finished the book. Drank some milk for my heartburn, then peed some more. It's now 1:30am and i'm on my laptop being nosey when I should be sleeping.

Hard to switch off when you've got a wriggling baby though. :D

kimblesj Mon 15-Jul-13 01:31:05

It's horrid huh! I thought I would be exhausted after running about today but I think I have gone through the sleepy barrier and now am lying wide awake on mumsnet!

fluffandnonsense Mon 15-Jul-13 01:44:11

Same here but mine is caused by asthma induced coughing hmm Feeling miserable and exhausted!!

PhieEl06 Mon 15-Jul-13 01:53:34

<Waves at everyone> Hi, again I am awake too. 39 weeks pregnant & generally uncomfortable now, top it all off I am wide awake, cannot get to sleep at all! Fortunately I am now on maternity leave so don't have to be up for work but sending sympathies to all that do in the morning!

fluffandnonsense Mon 15-Jul-13 02:47:15

Still fucking awake! sad

PhieEl06 Mon 15-Jul-13 02:49:50

& me fluff... <twiddles thumbs>

I sympathise girls.
since Wednesday I have had an excruciating pain in my upper arm.its getting worse and is now spreading to my shoulder and down to my wrist and hand.
oh is nagging me to go to docs tomorrow but my doctors are totally crap now.
20 weeks pregnant and what with the pain and hormones just keep bursting into tears.

StuckOnARollercoaster Mon 15-Jul-13 03:05:35

This has popped up for me on 'active' and I completely sympathise...
Unfortunately while your insomnia will disappear at the end of pregnancy that won't stop you necessarily being up through the night either, (says the mum of a 4 week old who is also on MN at this time of the night!)

Wishing you all well with your impending births as I still remember that crazy time with a bump...

kimblesj Mon 15-Jul-13 07:35:07

Hope you all got some sleep ladies! I managed to pass out at 2 and was woken up kindly by 2 year old at 5 hmm long day at work today I think! X

you too kimble.
im back to work tomorrow so hopefully the doc can help me today as my job is quite physical and cant afford to take time offsad

fluffandnonsense Mon 15-Jul-13 09:11:25

Finally went back to bed at 3 and held my breathe in a desperate bid to stop coughing. Then up again at 8 to sort children out. Least I got a few hours. Asthma truly sucks!

I think we all need to be taken to the vets to be put down.lol

PhieEl06 Mon 15-Jul-13 10:11:05

Managed to drop off at 3 after I'd eaten half a bar of that new Malteasers chocolate, damn you Malteasers

kimblesj Mon 15-Jul-13 20:33:44

Survived work hoorah and I even had my final wedding dress fitting! Am hoping it is not this hot next weekend
Because I spent to whole 2 hours standing there sweating and needing a wee! Yay for chocolate - I might keep midnight chocolate in the fridge for the next sleepless night x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now