Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 +3 and im drinking a glass of wine.

(17 Posts)
Queazy Fri 12-Jul-13 07:13:25

I have a small glass a week - I haven't gone off wine at all and really look forward to it! A bottle a week is definitely too much - women who aren't pregnant are recommended to have a max of 14 units a week! xx

nervy555 Thu 11-Jul-13 22:47:34

A good consultant!

Tommy Thu 11-Jul-13 22:43:29

I had a scan at 39 weeks with DS1. It was Christmas Eve - the consultant told us to go home and have a bottle of wine... wine

nervy555 Thu 11-Jul-13 22:39:00

Hot choc tonight for me. Due date tomorrow. Thought if I have a good night's sleep he might arrive!

Kelly1814 Thu 11-Jul-13 13:08:00

i am very much looking forward to an ice cold corona when i get home tonight. i look forward to a couple of drinks each weekend!

moominmaiden Thu 11-Jul-13 08:33:07

Thanks for the link, Futterby - I found the info on units very useful, as I must have misread it before and had got it into my head that you were only allowed one glass of wine a week.

To be honest I've never felt like having more than that as I wasn't a big drinker pre-pregnancy, but I don't feel as guilty about supplementing said glass with sips of DH's beer on hot evenings now smile

Futterby Wed 10-Jul-13 23:54:17

MummyJetsetter, I really don't mean to be rude so I'm sorry if it seems like that, but pregnant women are recommended to have 1-2 units once or twice a week, if that. Any more can cause problems, some serious, with your unborn baby. Have look at this.

lurcherlover Wed 10-Jul-13 23:09:05

Erm...*MummyJetsetter*, an average bottle of wine is 10 units. I had the odd glass of wine in pregnancy, but 10 units every week is quite a lot to be knocking back.

MummyJetsetter Wed 10-Jul-13 22:16:16

I have a bottle a week spread over Friday & Saturday nights and with my roast dinner on a Sunday. With my 1st I had a glass a night but went off it in the early days this time so got out of the habit so if you're a horrible so am I. Cheers! x

nervy555 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:54:35

Thanks lovely ladies. It's certainly not sending baby to sleep! Hoping it will also cure the horrific back pain!

LittleMilla Wed 10-Jul-13 21:36:24

I've already had one tonight grin. But saying that, I've drunk pretty much throughout (aside from early days).

RNJ3007 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:35:33

Enjoy!

When I went into labour, my midwife ordered me to have a large glass of wine in the bath before coming in!

getoffthecoffeetable Wed 10-Jul-13 21:34:35

Bottoms up, enjoy.

WandaDoff Wed 10-Jul-13 21:33:25

One won't hurt. Enjoy smilewinesmile

Futterby Wed 10-Jul-13 21:31:42

Enjoy that wine, I'm almost drooling at the thought grin you've gone almost 9 whole months carrying another person inside you, you have earned it smile

greenj1 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:26:22

Not at all! Enjoy smile

nervy555 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:25:10

Have avoided alcohol almost entirely, literally just a sip every few weeks when a friwnd offers or dh has a glass. But last night mil brought me a bottle of rose. She said jusr have a littlw glass in the eve. You've earned it. So I am. I poured barely a small glass half an hour ago and am sipping it in front of the apprentice. Am I a terrible person?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now