Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

So i'm sitting here crying my eyes out

(58 Posts)

I am 17 weeks pregnant tomorrow and i'm having a bit of a melt down.

None of my clothes fucking fit and I have no money to buy new ones. I don't have a job and am living off DP's wage which is pitiful.

I have been looking for a job for over a year, applying to everything from cleaning to office admin and nobody will employ me. Pretty much given up now as no one will take on a pregnant lady.

I hate myself tonight. I feel fat and horrible and alone. DP works 5-7 days and other than him I don't know anyone in this city despite living here for 4 years.

How the fuck am I going to handle raising a child if I have a melt down over clothes?

babyhmummy01 Thu 11-Jul-13 17:32:59

crying don't underestimate how hormones can screw you up! I only live 20-30 mins.from notts am 34 weeks preggers but if you need a friend pm me and we can arrange a meet, maybe with the other notts lady who offered too

<passes tissues to SeriousStuff> grin

I phoned my Dad this morning and cried my eyes out down the phone and he came round and took me to primark to get me some leggings and some vest tops. It was only one pair of leggings and two vest tops, but I already feel better.

Spoke to DP about it and told him how much it was getting me down, and in a few weeks we should get his deposit from his old flat back and he has said when we have that money he is taking me shopping. So least I have that to look forward too.

It's so stupid that clothes have made me feel so shit. I don't usually care about them.

Champagnebubble Thu 11-Jul-13 13:02:40

They don't tell you all this stuff will happen do they before you are pregnant?! I had visions of flawless clear skin, happiness, joy........hmm instead, sickness, tears, and spotty, haha!

SeriousStuff Thu 11-Jul-13 12:46:10

Can I join you? I have just started crying by my desk at home because I feel huge (I'm 26+5), I'm too hot, I want my flat stomach back but I'm also hungry all the time and my work is suffering because I'm so tired.

The only thing that stopped the tears was when my DH offered to get me a lollipop which I'm now happily licking!

You're not alone smile

PurplePidjin Thu 11-Jul-13 12:08:08

Thinkin further, i actually wore a lot of my regular clothes throughout. Leggings and thick tights, long jersey tunic tops, empire line dresses. Try Matalan, Primark and Peacocks for cheap stuff. If you can get wrap/buttons/poppers down the front even better if you go for breastfeeding smile

Primark do long, cheap vests. Wear with a long cardigan and stretchy trousers. Next sale is on atm, got my maternity jeans there last year for £14. H+M are good and have regular sales

chillynose Thu 11-Jul-13 10:42:08

Sounds like hormones
Can u get clothes on credit it can be stressful when nothing fits

knittingirl Thu 11-Jul-13 09:03:52

Crying, I'm in Nottingham too, if you want someone to get together for a coffee and pregnant lady natter with I'd love to smile I'm working full time at the moment but will be going on mat leave in 2 weeks (I'm almost 34 weeks) so will be around in the day then. PM me if you'd like to get together, sometimes pregnant lady company helps!

babyhmummy01 Thu 11-Jul-13 08:51:27

crying I felt exactly the same st your stage and also have s history of depression. Ring your GP surgery and ask for midwife appt or for one of them to call you. They really can help!

I am not a million miles from nottingham, if you need s friend to chat to pls pm me. Xxx

Futterby Thu 11-Jul-13 00:39:37

I seem to have misplaced my full-stop button. Sorry about that, it's really bothering me now grin

Futterby Thu 11-Jul-13 00:38:06

I have a few things you can have, I think. Not much right enough, I'm in a very similar situation to you so I can really sympathise, I got four amazing tops and three awesome dresses from a charity shop yesterday and it came to £13.20 so have a hunt if you can smile I'm normally a 14 (fellow short-arse here too grin) so I've really not got much but I've also got some stuff a friend of a friend gave me that's just too big and not really my style, so you're welcome to them too if you like.

So sorry you're having such a tough time flowers

OneForEachHand Thu 11-Jul-13 00:22:13

I remember feeling that way, too. I even refused to go out at all a few times with DP because I felt so disgusting and nothing fitted. It's so difficult when you're out of pocket and feel lonely, but as others have said, get yourself to some groups for pregnant women and have a look around charity shops etc. It will get better and soon you'll have a lovely bump to show off!

I started feeling better and now I've come to bed the tears have started again. I look so horrible and fat and there is nothing I can do about it. sad

I have suffered with depression in the past, so I guess it might be rearing its ugly head again sad

rats that sounds lovely, just need to get my ankle better first sad

dirtyface Wed 10-Jul-13 20:46:21

OP do you think you might be a little bit depressed?

it does sound a little bit more than pregnancy blues sad

i had depression real bad when i was pg with my first. maybe have a chat to your MW or doctor?

ratbagcatbag Wed 10-Jul-13 20:40:34

My glow started at 32 bloody weeks and dd arrived at37+4, I don't even finished work and missed a surprise baby shower sad mind you love her to bits.

I do mean it, as I'm in notts too I'm happy to meet for a walk round arboretum or cheap coffee in mcd's etc.

ThreeEyedRaven Wed 10-Jul-13 20:02:48

grin I'm very glad to hear 17 weeks is an improvement on 6!

Oh I don't miss being 6 weeks. I will take meltdowns over clothes to constant vomiting any day grin

ThreeEyedRaven Wed 10-Jul-13 19:56:20

Bless you. If its any consolation I'm 6 weeks in and feel Luke a bag of shite.

Your DP sounds lovely smile

Hope you feel better soon, enjoy the ice cream grin

Just rang DP and he is now coming home instead of going to the cinema and is bringing icecream with him and has said we can watch a disney film. I don't deserve him sometimes.

tabulah grin

I recently had a full on hissy fit at DP for offering to get me a glass of water. I think he is a bit sick of my hormones recently, poor bloke.

tabulahrasa Wed 10-Jul-13 19:42:06

I didn't find anything fun about being pregnant, I was just fat and uncomfortable and even the baby moving felt a bit odd...I liked my DC fine when they were out, but being pregnant was just something to endure to get to that point tbh.

And, I once had a full on snot streaming crying fit because I ran out of tomato soup, rofl.

TinkyPeet Wed 10-Jul-13 19:39:58

Aw honey sad huge hugs. You are in quite possibly THE worst stage for hormones and hissy fits and 'everybody's against me' meltdowns, they don't last forever and you will start to feel more like yourself soon I promise smile text your dp and get him to being you some chocolate home, get yourself in the bath for a lovely soak and watch a crappy film xxx

I haven't met my actual midwife yet though. As it's a clinic at the dr's surgery then they have a different one each time. Apparently my Midwife is called Melissa, but I have been seen by a Sarah and an Amy so I have no idea who this Melissa woman is...Who would I ring? I only have a number for emergencies.

PurplePidjin Wed 10-Jul-13 19:37:01

I think my "glowing" stage started at about 20 weeks, but i didn't fully relax until after the 24 week mark when i knew there would be medical help if something happened. I now have a newly-crawling 8 mo fast asleep in his cot in the next room, and all the pregnancy details are a bit hazy blush

Have a rant at dp, let it all out and let it go. It's normal to feel like "Carer Of The Baby" instead of "Pidj" and the odd tantrum reminds people of that. I throw the occasional one at my mum and she takes me out for cake grin

It's true about the social whirl too, i had 3 invitations to the beach today - that's more than the whole of last summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now