Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Worried about my scan :( false positives

(17 Posts)

*THIRD obv.

Hopefully your THIDR thread in as many days, asking the exact same question will be sufficient to put your mind at ease.

Chantelle2803 Wed 10-Jul-13 16:21:57

Thank you x

dirtyface Wed 10-Jul-13 14:28:37

aww i had this with my first pg

was CONVINCED they would scan me and nothing would be there

my first pregnancy is now a strapping 7 year old

you will be fine. and congrats on your pregnancy x

Doctorbrownbear Wed 10-Jul-13 14:21:16

I was very shocked both times to see baby shapes on the screen. I worried myself stupid before thinking that there was nothing there, silly really because I had plenty of sickness both times.

TheSlug Wed 10-Jul-13 13:49:49

I was really scared before mine, and I'd even had an early scan at 9ish weeks! it was lovely to see baby on the screen, wriggling and stretching, it was a real relief.

Chantelle2803 Wed 10-Jul-13 13:01:51

Excuse me I'm a first time mum and worried

ThreeEyedRaven Wed 10-Jul-13 12:54:33

This is the 3rd time you've posted about this over the past week and you keep being given the same, correct advice.

I hope you're not trolling these threads.

Had my scan this week and I was so worried. I only took one pregnancy test at 4 weeks because I was too scared to take another in case it can back negative! The relief when we said "there's baby" and turned the screen was amazing. I will never forget the first scan so enjoy every moment and don't worry grin

Dolallytats Wed 10-Jul-13 12:31:14

Oh, I did so many pregnancy tests when I was expecting DC2. I couldn't believe it because it took us 15 years to concieve him. When I had my scan I was convinced I was wrong. When he appeared on the screen I actually said 'Oh look, a baby!!'.

Honestly, how you are feeling is completely normal. And, even though it took so long to have DC2, I am now 38+2 with an equally unexpected DC3!!!

Good luck.

Chantelle2803 Wed 10-Jul-13 12:22:52

Anyone else ? D

TinkyPeet Wed 10-Jul-13 11:26:12

I think ALL of us have been anxious before the first scan and worrying that there will be nothing there to see for various reasons, lack of symptoms etc smile good luck Hun sincerely hope you have an easy pregnancy an the scan goes well x

Chantelle2803 Wed 10-Jul-13 11:22:40

Oh right ok thank you x

Chickpea1983 Wed 10-Jul-13 11:11:32

I was worried about exactly the same! I asked at my scan how many people have scans and nothing is there, and she said 'VERY rarely' and usually because of psychological rather then medical reasons (i.e. pretending they're pregnant rather than false-positive).

ShowOfHands Wed 10-Jul-13 10:56:03

You can get false positives in very, very rare situations. They are detailed in the pregnancy test instructions and would involve something like specific chemotherapy drugs or something equally unlikely for Joe Normal.

If you are getting positives, your body is producing hcg. If you're producing hcg, it's almost undoubtedly because you're pregnant. You are. I know it doesn't fee like it, but it is that simple.

greenj1 Wed 10-Jul-13 10:54:28

It's very very rare to have a false positive. I'm sure you will see your little one waving to you on the screen!!! smile

Chantelle2803 Wed 10-Jul-13 10:52:54

Hello I have done 7 positive test now and my Midwifes appt on 19 and scan on 25th in just so worried that I'm gunna go to the hospital for my scan and nothing is going to show sad apparantly a lady told that she had 6 false positives I'm really worried is this true someone tell me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now