Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

My unborn baby is so cheeky already!

(100 Posts)
HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 17:32:05

I'm 26 weeks and my unborn dd makes me really laugh. She won't let anyone else feel her move. The minute anyone else puts their hands on my belly she goes completely still and will not move again until they have stopped touching me, no matter how long we wait.

I have even had to chase her around my belly because I touch one part and she will kick the other side, and keep moving so I can't feel her.

I can also clearly see her jerking about from the outside now, my whole belly twitches. However, the minute I say 'DH quick, look!' she stops. Even if I say nothing and just grab him and point, she stops!! I'm starting to look like a complete nut, but its so funny!

Anyone else got a funny unborn baby like me?

Futterby Tue 09-Jul-13 22:24:37

Live and let live, what's the fucking big deal?

Congrats OP smile my DP felt our lo kick for the first time last night smile

dontmeanto Tue 09-Jul-13 22:52:19

I find it incredibly rude, actually. OP didn't ask if she WBU or if she was being silly...she wanted to share her beautiful experience with other pregnant mums, and has given her baby a personality based on some patterned movement.

Since when did we elect MN police to come crashing in a thread, squawking "too much like Nethuns, too much like Nethuns, not enough dry sarcasm, or use of the word "cunt" for my liking!"

It's getting boring, now. And very unoriginal. We get that you don't like the other site. Seriously, we get it. You really don't have to call it out, every fucking time.

dontmeanto Tue 09-Jul-13 22:53:36

Meant to say, congrats OP, to you and your very cheeky baby. Thanks for adding a little sweetness to MN.

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 22:56:30

Babyh - my mum is desperate to feel so I'm sure she would sympathise with yours!'

Gonnabe - aw my DH would love to be kicked in the face!

Don't worry the rest of you, I have realised my error. I posted a lighthearted post that stated I was in some way happy and now realise this is not allowed on mumsnet. Lucky they were here to point out my serious lapse in judgement! I was obviously wrong in thinking that the pregnancy section was the place to chat about pregnancy things, apparently it's an aibu section in disguise! (enough sarcasm for you? grin)

babyhmummy01 Tue 09-Jul-13 22:56:49

Well said dontmeanto

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 22:57:41

And aw futterby, my DH will be jealous!

Thank you dontmeanto smile

babyhmummy01 Tue 09-Jul-13 23:51:38

heffa roflmao at your post! And my mum bitches constantly about it, she bends down and tells my bump off, begs her to move etc and not a sausage.

Heffa my 2 dcs are 7 and 2 now but the strange thing was that the sort of personalities that they seem to have before they were born have really persisted and they are both very much like they seemed before birth (if that makes sense!).

Enjoy this time because it's lovely and you won't believe how quickly it all goes by until you're telling someone the same thing in a few years smile

All the best. x

SaylorMoon Wed 10-Jul-13 05:28:58

Heffa..your thread has made me smile and brought back memories of being pregnant with my own dc. You just carry on, after all you did post this in the PREGNANCY section. People should keep their bitterness to themselves..

froubylou Wed 10-Jul-13 07:22:39

Heffa what a lovely post and a change from some of the whinging/bitching/complaining/oh lets be so bloody PC cos we are posting on mumsnet threads that dominate some areas of this board.

The Pregnancy section is to share experiances of being PG, the good, the bad and the downright ugly. That's all the OP was doing. Sharing her positive experiances.

Anyone who doesn't want to read it or thinks its silly then thats fine. Trot on somewhere else.

I'm 16+4 and got a swift kick yesterday, the most definate one I've felt, whilst eating an ice lolly. My conclusion? Baby likes ice lollies. Its not true, we all know that. If the baby was responding to anything it was probably the sugar rush. He/she certainly doesn't have an opinion on refresher ice lollies, and doesn't prefer the green bit to the pink bit like I do.

But it made me, DD and DP smile.

And with regards to babies not being born with a personality every newborn I've ever met (and I have 10 nieces and nephews) certainly do have a personality. Perhaps you just have to be interested enough to want to see it?

Dylanlovesbaez Wed 10-Jul-13 07:43:54

Fairy train I agree. My dd had bags of 'personality' straight away and she's the same now! Her patterns in the womb gave me a good idea for sleep patterns when she arrived!

rundontwalk Wed 10-Jul-13 08:16:00

Of course babies are born with personalities! What's with all the grumping? OP I'm glad you are enjoying this bit of your pregnancy & totally understand you feeling secretly pleased when baby 'performs' just for you!

For anyone not feeling many kicks,my ds was very active in the womb & never sits still now but is v laid back. With my dd I had to be monitored more than once as I hardly felt her move,esp in comparison to ds. But there she was,dancing away like mad! Must have been in a funny position. And now,at 11weeks,she hasn't stopped moving!

Enjoy your pregnancy smile

Queazy Wed 10-Jul-13 08:25:53

Some very rude posts on this thread. If people are allowed to share and celebrate lighter topics on netmums, can't help but feel I'm better off there.

My baby stops moving everytime my DH puts his hand on my stomach - it's really frustrating but funny! You should read a book called 'Love Matters' written by a clinician, who cites a whole host of research to suggest personality does in fact start forming in the womb.

Have a lovely, sunny day all smile xx

Champagnebubble Wed 10-Jul-13 08:40:16

People are saying they don't like the light heartedness of antenatal and some pregnancy threads, well I for one think that's the best bit of MN - supportive virtual community and sharing information and antedotes. I looked at 'Relationships' (shudder) and 'Am I being unreasonable' and tbh I think there are many rude people who love to be call one another stupid so I don't go on there, if people want to do that I will stay away and not read them. I don't know why people can't do the same here and keep their thoughts to themselves if they don't agree with this post is wasn't like the title of this post suggested it was going to be a debate!! Not my cup of tea at all all this bad feeling.

I for one thought this was a sweet post OP and at only 8-9 weeks gives me something to aim for through the dreaded sickness! Thank you OP.

babyhmummy01 Wed 10-Jul-13 08:48:42

dylan my mw said patterns of movement in pg often mirror in rl sleep patterns. I get a huge amount of movement at about 430am so am expecting an early riser which is in complete contrast to my dp and I.

My friend had her dd in Feb and she definitely had a personality from day 1 and she says that her cheeky responses in the womb have continued

BlueSprite Wed 10-Jul-13 08:50:09

Absolutely agree with dontmeanto. Please, enough of the raised eyebrow faces and insisting a thread belongs on netmums for being too 'fluffy'. Probably best step away from certain parts of Mumsnet if you start feeling a worrying urge to police them in this way.

For what it's worth, this thread makes me smile. It brings back memories of my pregnancy and how much I adored my DS even then. The soppiest point was singing 'Baby Mine' to him at about 24 weeks and being unable to finish the song after crumbling into a sodden, teary heap awash with hormones.

Congratulations OP!

SoupDragon Wed 10-Jul-13 08:58:53

There are a couple of po faced posters who clearly need to be reintroduced to their sense of humour and good nature.

There's nothing "unmumsnetty" about this thread and I was virtually dug up with the foundations.

SeriousStuff Wed 10-Jul-13 09:38:27

This thread has made me laugh.

Heffa I'm 26+4 and the baby is really active. But whenever I call my DH over to see, or to touch my stomach, it completely stops. I think he's actually getting a bit of a complex about it...we're having a girl and I like to think she's already got her dad wrapped round her little finger!

HeffalumpTheFlump Wed 10-Jul-13 09:58:26

Thank you so much for the congratulations and support smile its so nice to hear your experiences too. Sorry to those we have made get all broody!!

I've got to be honest, I really struggled with the idea of being a mum (very unplanned pg) and had previously told myself it probably wouldn't happen for me (fertility problems) so to feel this bond with my baby is really amazing to me. It gets stronger everyday and little things like this are just awesome. Glad to hear there are others who are enjoying/remember enjoying these quirky bits too!

Don't worry bout the nethuns police, I feel sorry for them.

HeffalumpTheFlump Wed 10-Jul-13 10:09:10

Iv just seen I had a post deleted near the top of the thread. Very confused confused mnhq how did I break talk guidelines? I asked someone what they got from coming onto this thread and being so aggressive and whether they felt better for it. I think I also told them to get lost if they were going to be nasty. What was wrong with my post?

Smitten1981 Wed 10-Jul-13 10:10:15

I'm 25 weeks and mine does exactly the same. DH has only seen him move once and as soon as he stops looking the baby goes mental. It's really annoying me as I'd like him to be able to at least share in seeing a kick now and again.

YoniRanger Wed 10-Jul-13 10:13:08

DD used to wait until the midwife had her heartbeat on the Doppler then kick it!

grin

beckie90 Wed 10-Jul-13 10:15:43

Dear me, some people need to find a grip. And cheer the hell up abit, just no need. If a posts not your cup of 'fluffy' tea then simply don't comment.

heffa mine also does this, I'm 35+4 and think dp has managed to feel him twice, and it was only teeny moves when usually he does massive ones lol. Congratulations too smile xx

EeyoreIsh Wed 10-Jul-13 10:22:36

Ah I think this is a lovely thread other than the posts from the fun police

I'm ten weeks with my much wanted and waited for pregnancy and I can't wait until my baby starts moving. I know it's little legs are already starting to wiggle, so I can't wait until I feel the kicks. I may be regretting saying this at 35 weeks with kicks to the bladder

HeffalumpTheFlump Wed 10-Jul-13 10:26:46

Disclaimer - I know my baby is not really doing this, but it makes me giggle to think of her playing this game to make me seem like I'm bonkers!

With me she also seems to go the most nuts when I'm in a position where DH can't get his hands easily to where she's kicking. So I have to move and then she stops because I have dared to move!! Funny child smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now