Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My unborn baby is so cheeky already!

(100 Posts)
HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 17:32:05

I'm 26 weeks and my unborn dd makes me really laugh. She won't let anyone else feel her move. The minute anyone else puts their hands on my belly she goes completely still and will not move again until they have stopped touching me, no matter how long we wait.

I have even had to chase her around my belly because I touch one part and she will kick the other side, and keep moving so I can't feel her.

I can also clearly see her jerking about from the outside now, my whole belly twitches. However, the minute I say 'DH quick, look!' she stops. Even if I say nothing and just grab him and point, she stops!! I'm starting to look like a complete nut, but its so funny!

Anyone else got a funny unborn baby like me?

AbiElizabeth Tue 09-Jul-13 18:12:27

Bloody Hell imnot over reaction much? If you didn't like the post then don't post on it. It's simple. It is a light hearted post that meant no offense. So if you want to leave us with our OMGs and Hubbys then I for one am glad. No one likes a sourpuss.

Congrats Op your little ones sounds like they are giving you lots of happiness and laughter.

5madthings Tue 09-Jul-13 18:12:58

Aww bless, its lovely tho, i used to balance things on my bump and wait for baby to kick them.off. Pregnancy is bloody hard work so its nice to enjoy the sweet, lovely bits smile

dontmeanto Tue 09-Jul-13 18:18:49

Aww, I remember DD was like this. I got bored of hearing myself say, "I swear she just kicked right here." Cue DP putting his hand on tummy for a few seconds with a sigh. "Nope, can't feel her."

Imnot: biscuit

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 18:20:28

Thanks Abi smile

5madthings that's so cute! And I agree, iv had a pretty tough time of it through this pregnancy (not all pregnancy related) and so I'm even more determined to really enjoy the good stuff. It might be the only pregnancy I experience too so these bits are extra sweet and lovely.

SoupDragon Tue 09-Jul-13 18:22:27

Imnotbloody14 you sound like a barrel of laughs.

hmm

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 18:22:52

Dontmeanto - thats it exactly! If I wasnt so massively huge I would worry DH would start to think I'm imagining it all!!

RJM17 Tue 09-Jul-13 18:31:41

I think it is very immature and down right rude of imnot to post something like that!!!

I have exactly the same at 21 weeks she wriggles and bounces around and then stops when people try to feel it! She is definately going to be a cheeky little madam and very playful!! Haha. She always goes to the opposite side when we try and touch where she is like its some sort of game!

And OP I think its great to think of our little babas having a little personality and it makes them seem a lot more real xxx

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 09-Jul-13 18:36:44

At the risk of being accused of being grumpy too, enjoy your pregnancies but please don't be too disappointed when your "cheeky" babies turn out to be normal newborns who don't show much by way of personality for a little while...

Sephy Tue 09-Jul-13 18:40:37

Another one in the same boat at 25 weeks - really sorry for Dh that he's not been able to bond in that way, and just feel ridiculous and almost apologetic when once again s/he stops moving as soon as he's ready to feel the bump move!

Only seen bump move on a couple of occasions so not been able to show him that yet either - presumably our time will come soon!

Aaw, mine did that too. They were born, and they were all very boring (adorable, but very dull) and showed no sign of personality until about 8 months hmm I would say 'ooh! There she is!' And then my partner would touch her and she'd be gone. I was the only one to ever feel the baby kicking (unless my partner managed to do so in my sleep, without waking me, and if I managed to sleep as I had pregnancy induced insomnia) in all three pregnancies!

BlackDahlia11 Tue 09-Jul-13 18:47:23

My cheeky baby is the same smile

I wonder if it's got something to do with temperature. Your hands may be a similar temperature to your body so baby doesn't notice much difference on the bump. My DH's hands are often a lot warmer than mine so I wondered if having something noticeably hot on bump made baby stop moving. Could be talking rubbish though!

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 18:48:05

Rmj - I'm not the only one playing chase the baby round my belly then!!

Families - don't worry I have no real expectations of my baby to be anything! I have been warned that they are rather personality free zones for a while (in the nicest way possible). I still can't wait to meet her though. You won't be accused of being grumpy as your post was polite and not at all aggressive smile

Sephy - I was feeling that apologetic feeling, but DH has told me not to worry and that there will be plenty of time for daddy daughter bonding time yet. smile don't panic there's plenty of time til our due dates. You never know in a couple of weeks time you might be able to see baby moving loads!!

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 18:51:20

I haven't read much about it but I saw somewhere that they proved that unborn babies can definitely tell when it is one of their parents hands or someone else. I thought it must be something to do with the mothers reaction to being touched. I reckon you might be onto something about the temperature though because DH always has cold hands!

Lj8893 Tue 09-Jul-13 19:10:51

Yep, another one with a cheeky unborn baby here!

Imnotbloody14, get a grip. How dare you tell others how they should or shouldn't experience their excitement in their pregnancies. It doesn't make anybody immature or stupid, its just a normal human reaction!! Pregnancies are meant to be an exciting time.

Excited85 Tue 09-Jul-13 19:23:49

Mine is exactly the same, think dh is fed up of me telling him to come watch/feel nothing!!

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 19:50:19

I know this is a bit silly, but there's a bit of me that likes it. Obviously I want to share the feeling with DH, but once she is born everyone will be able to hold her and cuddle her. Its kind of nice that at the minute it's just me and her sharing this incredible experience if that makes sense? I will have to share her with all our family etc once shes born, but for now she's all mine because she is in my belly. I feel really special that I will be the only one to have ever done this with her.

I heard a really nice saying the other day: your children are the only ones who will ever know what your heart sounds like from the inside. Thought that was so cute.

Going to stop being a pregnant sap now!!

FairyTrain Tue 09-Jul-13 20:27:02

Heffalump your little one will probably be a cheeky baby! I totally disagree with above that babies aren't born with personalities, well DS had no personality til he was about a year, but DD was grumping at me and bossing me about when she was a few hours old and only happy when I rubbed her bum, which was exactly the same when she was in my tummy...

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 09-Jul-13 21:00:45

Aww that's too cute! How funny, a tiny newborn demanding that you rub her bum!

babyhmummy01 Tue 09-Jul-13 21:38:04

heffa I think.your post is brilliant! My mum is getting really pissed off cos my little one wil wriggle and kick up to the point I walk into her house when she goes totally still and refuses to so much as a small push. I am.only hoping mum has the same sedative effect when she actually arrives! It has caused much hilarity so far.

imnot was there really any need for your unkind and frankly bitchy comments?! I strongly suggest you grow up.

Gonnabmummy Tue 09-Jul-13 21:55:24

Same DP has felt him a few time this morning was fantastic he head his head on bump for around 20 mins of non stop kicking. But apart from that no one else has been able to despite them trying all the pigging time grin

Littleballofhate Tue 09-Jul-13 22:01:02

Awwww...you all are making me feel so broody! Sadly, at 48 I think my baby factory is well closed. How lucky you are to be enjoying such lovely pregnancies smile

fuckwittery Tue 09-Jul-13 22:04:43

Well, I'm with I'mnot, it's a bit silly to say a 25 week old foetus is cheeky. It's just coincidence. It may be funny and sweet for you to experience, but your baby doesn't have a personality or the ability to think in this way yet.
Not really a mumsnet type post, more of a netmums thread really, although I have noticed the ante-natal threads are v fluffy places in comparison to the rest of mumsnet, which is why I'm not on one, and don't worry, before you say it, will head off from this thread too.

Gonnabmummy Tue 09-Jul-13 22:09:28

Oh my so many miserable people and they say the sun makes us happy :/

babyhmummy01 Tue 09-Jul-13 22:10:36

Christ some people on here need to have an attitude adjustment! fuckwittery was there any need at all?!

BlackDahlia11 Tue 09-Jul-13 22:20:59

Fucking hell... god forbid someone starts a lighthearted thread about something amusing. WE MUST ALL BE DOOM AND GLOOM ALL THE TIME AND ALWAYS BE FACTUAL OTHERWISE THE WORLD WILL IMPLODE. It's just a bit of fun, pregnant women connecting with their little miracles. Rain on people's parades much? It's just an amusing observation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now