Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

25 weeks and a bit of red spotting - how serious?

(8 Posts)
MollyWho Tue 02-Jul-13 18:42:28

I hope someone can help.
I went to the loo about an hour ago and noticed a tiny bit of red blood in my pants and a little bit more when I wiped. How serious should I take this?
I was planning on monitoring it and if its still there in the morning calling the midwife. What do you think?
I'm trying not to stress but Im sure you know, your mind starts running away with you. I've felt lots of kicks today so that's setting my mind a rest a bit.
Just to make things worse, we're currently on holiday in the middle of no-where as you can imagine my mind is going crazy with thoughts of trying to get to hospitals etc!

A bit of reassurance would be nice, but if you think I should do something about it now I'd rather know.

Repeatedlydoingthetwist Tue 02-Jul-13 18:47:48

I had some bright red bleeding at 38 weeks and it was all ok, DD is asleep in my arms as we speak. My mind went into overdrive though so if I were you I'd call the midwife, it'll put your mind at rest.

ghosteditor Tue 02-Jul-13 18:48:07

Well, I'm afraid we can't say for sure but I know lots of people who had minor spotting in pregnancy and all has been well - so fx for you.

I know how scary it is; I had a bit of bleeding at 29 weeks, the day before a major business trip in which I had to work 12+ hour days! Ultimately it was decided that I had a pg hormone-related cyst on my cervix which was causing the bleeding. DD was born healthy at 41 weeks and I'm fine too.

There are lots of reasons - hopefully it will be just a bit of spotting for you!

MollyWho Tue 02-Jul-13 20:26:17

Thank you x

Hopingforno2 Tue 02-Jul-13 20:29:43

I had minor spotting all the way through my 2nd pregnancy and my dd is 12 weeks now. Id call your midwife just to be safe only other thing id say is what blood group are you? Im rh neg and had to go yo maternity triage every time for an anti d inj

Babyh200 Tue 02-Jul-13 21:56:55

Molly
I am sure everything will be fine but don't take any chances and get checked out ASAP. It's good your feeling lots of kicks but don't forget any change of pattern should be checked out immediately.

Lots of people have spotting all the way through their pregnancy I am currently pregnant with number four and have never had any spotting during my previous pregnancies so it would be a very unusual occurrence for me.

Always go with your gut instinct.xxxxxx

MollyWho Wed 03-Jul-13 12:30:10

Thanks all.

The spotting has stopped.

Disastronaut Wed 03-Jul-13 12:49:47

Hi. Glad it's stopped. Just wanted to say I'm 24 weeks & I went through the same thing at the weekend - also in the middle of nowhere! But for the following few days I've had some brownish blood/discharge, gradually getting less and I think this is quite common too. It's just the tail end of one single spotting episode. But as ever, go with your instinct and call your midwife if you're worried. Hope all goes well - mine's kicking away happily, which is a relief!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now