Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

SO worried about scan :(

(62 Posts)
Londongirl84 Tue 02-Jul-13 16:46:11

I'm having a scan next Monday to check if my pregnancy is viable and I will be just over 7 weeks. I have had IVF. I don't think I've ever felt so worried in my life about anything and can't stop feeling so depressed sad This waiting is like living in a nightmare. I haven't had many symptoms so am even more worried. Any success stories/ words of advice?? X

x0gawjus0x Wed 10-Jul-13 07:47:54

I have not had IVF however it has taken me and my fiance 3 years to finally get a bfp last month so i too am extremely nervous and scared trying not to drive myself insane....

BumpKitty Tue 09-Jul-13 20:50:51

Oh that's brilliant news - I'm guessing you have the euphoria now then grin

smunkyvic Tue 09-Jul-13 20:49:30

Congratulations!!!! That's such great news. All the best for the rest of the pregnancy xxx

Futterby Mon 08-Jul-13 21:06:41

Woohoo!!! So glad to hear that London grin best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy smile x

curlywurlyllass Mon 08-Jul-13 21:01:57

Congratulations! I never got to see a heartbeat in my ivf cycles so you should b able to relax a bit! until the 12week scan nears! my scan went ok, now to stress over the next milestone!!
Goodluck with the next steps of your journey x

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 20:41:26

Wow what lovely lovely messages!! Thank you so so so much you are all amazingly sweet. Hugely grateful smile x

DizzyCow63 Mon 08-Jul-13 20:03:25

Yay! Must admit I had tears in my eyes reading your update OP am turning into such a softie

Delighted for you, hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well xx

PoppadomPreach Mon 08-Jul-13 19:57:42

I'm so happy for you OP. I remember my 7-week scan well (I had IVF too). At that point, it was the most amazing incredible and wonderful thing I'd ever seen in my life.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly - try not too worry too much!

workingonitagain Mon 08-Jul-13 19:47:49

Yaay soo pleased for you! I can uncross my toes now smile good luck for the rest of your pregnancy! xx

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 08-Jul-13 19:46:45

Great news, London, so pleased for you! grin

ceara Mon 08-Jul-13 18:31:38

Yaay from me too!!

I hope you're giving yourself a day or two off from worrying before the mentalling starts again :-) (Remember there are lots of people on here for handholding when it does!)

Shellywelly1973 Mon 08-Jul-13 17:35:19

Im so pleased for you!!

Brilliant news!!

delurking to say yay!

Brilliant, so glad to hear it grin

Good luck to everyone else with scans soon smile

CheeseFondueRocks Mon 08-Jul-13 16:57:30

That's great to hear, London!

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 16:54:46

There was a lovely heartbeat!! So pleased. Thank you soooooooooo much for all your wonderful kind words and support. You can't imagine how helpful it has been. Good luck to everyone x

toffeelolly Mon 08-Jul-13 16:11:46

Good luck londongirl. Fingers crossed.

Sorry, should read posts properly blushblush
Try and get into your work today to take your mind off it xx

4pm!! Goodness, what a horrible wait sad Have you got anything else to occupy your thoughts, e.g. work?

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 11:28:13

Thank you. Good luck with yours on Tuesday cheese x

CheeseFondueRocks Mon 08-Jul-13 11:14:47

Good luck to everyone with scans today.

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 11:04:48

Mine is not until 4. Being at work today is a struggle to say the least! Although I suppose in being distracted... Good luck at 1.30. Will be thinking of you. I'm sooooooooo worried for 4pm sad x

curlywurlyllass Mon 08-Jul-13 10:08:28

When is your scan? Mine (12week) is at 1.30pm and im petrified of being told mmc :'(
Thinking of u, hope u got a sleep!

RobotBananas Mon 08-Jul-13 10:00:59

Good luck x
I know how you feel... I was terrified and sure something had gone wrong (history of early MC)

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 09:59:05

Thank you superman and blackhole. More nervous than ever right now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now