Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SO worried about scan :(

(62 Posts)
Londongirl84 Tue 02-Jul-13 16:46:11

I'm having a scan next Monday to check if my pregnancy is viable and I will be just over 7 weeks. I have had IVF. I don't think I've ever felt so worried in my life about anything and can't stop feeling so depressed sad This waiting is like living in a nightmare. I haven't had many symptoms so am even more worried. Any success stories/ words of advice?? X

Londongirl84 Sun 07-Jul-13 21:33:17

Thank you curlywurly and working for your luck. Hope the crossing of fingers and toes works for us!! Very sweet if you both x

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow too so were at the same stage! I too am very nervous and not sure I will sleep well tonight. Look forward go hearing how yours goes and I am sure it will all be fine smile x

BumpKitty Sun 07-Jul-13 21:43:26

london the worry and fear is normal. We call it 'scan doom' on the thread I am on, it's such an anxious time and the build up is torturous. All you can do is get through the next few hours. No symptoms means absolutely nothing, loads of people go to their 12 week scans expecting to be told they have just imagined the whole thing as they have no symptoms and everything is fine.
I have everything crossed for you, the euphoria after a good scan is amazing - good luck x

Londongirl84 Sun 07-Jul-13 21:46:48

I hope so much that I'm due that euphoria after a lot of sadness and worry to get to this point. I could not deal with any more sadness. X

Shellywelly1973 Sun 07-Jul-13 21:53:33

Hi. I just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow.

I've got my 12 week scan next week & Im dreading it. I had a MMC last February & Im becoming convinced this pregnancy will end the same way.

Try & rest tonight, im sure it will be difficult for you to sleep. Sending you lots of best wishes...

Good luck for tomorrow smilethanks

Londongirl84 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:06:00

Thank you shelly for your kind words and good luck for your scan too.
Whispers thank you so much for the luck. X

Best of luck OP

For what's its worth I'm 23 weeks and have never had sickness, tender boobs etc so you might be lucky too and avoid all the crappy bits!

CheeseFondueRocks Mon 08-Jul-13 00:08:04

I've got the 12 week scan on Tuesday and am also worried about a MMC.

Should I be having a little bump now at 12 weeks with a second baby, because I don't?

Fingers crossed for you smile

BlackholesAndRevelations Mon 08-Jul-13 07:36:22

Good luck for today OP xxx

Cheese - no, not necessarily. Baby is still so tiny at this stage and only just starting to rise out of the pelvis.

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 09:59:05

Thank you superman and blackhole. More nervous than ever right now x

RobotBananas Mon 08-Jul-13 10:00:59

Good luck x
I know how you feel... I was terrified and sure something had gone wrong (history of early MC)

curlywurlyllass Mon 08-Jul-13 10:08:28

When is your scan? Mine (12week) is at 1.30pm and im petrified of being told mmc :'(
Thinking of u, hope u got a sleep!

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 11:04:48

Mine is not until 4. Being at work today is a struggle to say the least! Although I suppose in being distracted... Good luck at 1.30. Will be thinking of you. I'm sooooooooo worried for 4pm sad x

CheeseFondueRocks Mon 08-Jul-13 11:14:47

Good luck to everyone with scans today.

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 11:28:13

Thank you. Good luck with yours on Tuesday cheese x

4pm!! Goodness, what a horrible wait sad Have you got anything else to occupy your thoughts, e.g. work?

Sorry, should read posts properly blushblush
Try and get into your work today to take your mind off it xx

toffeelolly Mon 08-Jul-13 16:11:46

Good luck londongirl. Fingers crossed.

Londongirl84 Mon 08-Jul-13 16:54:46

There was a lovely heartbeat!! So pleased. Thank you soooooooooo much for all your wonderful kind words and support. You can't imagine how helpful it has been. Good luck to everyone x

CheeseFondueRocks Mon 08-Jul-13 16:57:30

That's great to hear, London!

Brilliant, so glad to hear it grin

Good luck to everyone else with scans soon smile

delurking to say yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now