Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling odd

(7 Posts)
HelgatheHairy Tue 02-Jul-13 16:15:20

I'm 35+2 and am feeling a bit odd today.

Yesterday I walked the dog, hoovered, put on a load of washing, played with the dog,had a nap, travelled in the car, had dinner with the in-laws watched telly and then couldn't sleep at all last night due to heat/humidity

Today I've done pretty much nothing and I feel odd. Kind of faint and queasy and like there's faint pressure around bump. Baby is moving normally so I'm not worried about her but just wondering if this is normal?

TallulahBetty Tue 02-Jul-13 16:37:59

I think so, I vaguely remember having days at towards the end where I felt odd without feeling specifically ill, for example. Maybe give your MW a ring, for peace of mind?

steakchipsandfriedeggs Tue 02-Jul-13 16:49:04

Im 37 weeks today and I've felt like this all yesterday and today. Last week you couldn't stop me scrubbing floors and blitzing the house from top to bottom. Had the in laws visit over the weekend so did a lot to keep them occupied, and then yesterday I crashed! Woke up feeling strange but not necessarily unwell and then napped 2 hours later both days. I think it's probably a mix of getting closer to the end and not sleeping well. Listen to your body and rest whenever you can, but if you're worried call your midwife for some reassurance.

Hope you feel better soon and congratulations smile x

Lydia161290 Tue 02-Jul-13 17:05:02

Sounds like the third trimester i'm having too.
I'm 36 + 5. Some days I have energy to do loads of stuff. Like the other day I tidied the whole house, hoovered, mopped, did my washing and ironing. I didn't sleep and boom.
The next day I felt awful, tired and just strange. I had horrible heartburn, my bump felt really weird also because I kept having Braxton Hicks. Today is the same. I'm trying not to moan, but it's getting hard now.

sad

FoofFighter Tue 02-Jul-13 17:12:00

I think it's fairly typical at this stage tbh. I had a very busy weekend going to an outdoor show all day Saturday, then Sunday stripped, sanded, painted all the bedroom furniture in the garden, went out for tea and to the pub for a couple of hours... come Monday I went back to bed at 9ish for a nap as woke up super early, and slept right through till 2pm blush

it's like the "spoons theory" really - need to balance the spoons over a few days!

HelgatheHairy Tue 02-Jul-13 17:38:51

Thanks all. Good to know its normal to feel like this.

Lydia I forgot to mention the heartburn. It had cleared up but it's back with a vengeance!

I've had a really easy pregnancy in fairness but its these last few weeks when things are slightly more difficult.

Sunflower1985 Tue 02-Jul-13 19:31:21

I had a day like this the other day. Nothing specific, just not right. 35+1 and can only imagine it's going to get worse :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now