Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Its Real!!!

(27 Posts)
StillPukin Tue 02-Jul-13 16:01:31

I had my 12 week scan this morning (well, I'm apparently 13 weeks) and would you believe it, there was a baby on the screen!!! Not sure what I expected but it took me surprise.
The baby is planned (been trying for years with no luck), I've had ALL the symptoms + positive pregnancy test etc but somehow I havent felt pregnant, I was half expecting them to tell me there was a growth or something and send me for tests, but there it was, as real as anything; head, legs, wriggly arms and a heart beat. I'm a bit stunned
Just sharing smile x

ShowOfHands Thu 04-Jul-13 11:33:44

It seems ridiculous that you can say 'I'm pregnant' and it's just a fact. You tell it to the midwife and they start offering you antenatal care and the whole time your head is screaming 'BUT HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE THAT I'M GROWING AN ENTIRE PERSON INSIDE ME. ARE YOU MAD. DON'T BELIEVE ME, I STILL SAY HELLO TO LONE MAGPIES'. Then you have a scan and suddenly it turns out that positive pregnancy tests and heaps of symptoms and a slowly expanding waistline do in fact add up to a baby.

Congrats.

NxYxC Thu 04-Jul-13 11:29:20

Awww congrats to you!! I was exactly like you yesterday! As much as I had symptoms and positives I never believed it was 'real' until I saw it on the screen! :D

DuchessFanny Thu 04-Jul-13 11:26:39

How lovely ! Congratulations !!

Rosenip Thu 04-Jul-13 11:24:50

Congratulations! Isn't it the most wonderful moment - I found it amazing when baby started to wriggle too - showed that everything was really ok.

The countdown to the scan is so un-nerving! And sorry but the wait between 12-20 really drags! I@ve got another 10 days until my 20 weeks scan and I can't wait - it's feels like it's taken forever.

I love the scans! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Dolallytats Wed 03-Jul-13 16:04:55

I'm 37+2 with DC3 and I'm still convinced I've just overeaten!! Although seeing as I am huuuuuggeee, that was one helluva bowl of pasta!!!

Going into labour soon? No, not me, I just ate a big lunch!!

I'm going to have to face reality soon, aren't I?!? grin

StillPukin Wed 03-Jul-13 14:38:32

Wow, I thought I was the only one to feel like this!!
I knew I hadnt 'lost' the baby I just thought they would tell me it had never been there to start with. I kept having flashbacks all day yesterday to the image on the screen.
I think its hit me properly today (8weeks after the positive test, ha) I even found myself talking to him/her in the car on the way back from tesco and came over quite teary.
Until today I have been a bit worried if the feeling of it not being real would mean I wouldnt bond with baby, but its kind of hit me all at once, I'm sure we'll be fine.
Thanks for all your lovely replies smile
Good luck for Wednesday Juicyjuice, hope its fabulous flowers
xx

juicyjuice Wed 03-Jul-13 13:57:08

This is just how I feel! Got my 12 week scan next Wednesday, still feel like I... Imagined it all? Congrats smile

buttercrumble Wed 03-Jul-13 13:27:07

Hurray you took me right back , i remember going for a scan and being certain they would say nothing in there. You must be so exited grin

Teaandflapjacks Wed 03-Jul-13 13:24:04

Bless you!! I had exactly the same feeling at the time - had a weep about it too. xx

congrats!

i felt exactly the same and to see his arms waving about was unbelievable!

you've even more to look forward to now with your 20 week scan smile

PinkApple86 Wed 03-Jul-13 11:55:02

Congrats! I felt the same. I couldn't believe that little person was wriggling around in my belly and I couldn't feel a thing. it's amazing. now I'm 29 weeks and he us wriggling on my bladder all day so it feels very real. good luck with your pregnancy thanks

RJM17 Tue 02-Jul-13 23:39:13

Congrats I was exactly the same and now I have my 20 week scan coming up (at 21 weeks) and I feel all the same anxieties again!! Think it will be like this til baby is here lol.
So good you had a good scan though enjoy every minute. Mine is flying by now x

therumoursaretrue Tue 02-Jul-13 23:17:58

Congratulations! I remember that feeling so well at my first scan, it's totally amazing. I couldn't say it to DP, but afterwards I told him I had been so sure they would just tell me 'no don't be silly you were never pregnant'.

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy and enjoy seeing those wriggly little arms in all your scans smile

SeriousStuff Tue 02-Jul-13 23:14:46

Crazy isn't it! Congratulations!

Purplefrogshoe Tue 02-Jul-13 23:13:46

Congratulations smile

Newmum0113 Tue 02-Jul-13 22:42:08

Congratulations. Good luck with everything! flowers

Lydia161290 Tue 02-Jul-13 17:12:16

Awe, congrats. You have loads to look forward to!
I felt the same on my 12 week scan. It's truly a magical thing. smile

Babybump26 Tue 02-Jul-13 16:36:59

Huge congrats! It's the best thing in the world x

Iwish Tue 02-Jul-13 16:35:06

Congratulations!! Xx

StillPukin Tue 02-Jul-13 16:34:58

Thank you!
Aw bubbatime hope it all goes well for you - I understand your anxiety x

bubbatime Tue 02-Jul-13 16:30:13

Congratulations!!! I have my 12 week scan on Monday and am feeling increasingly nervous by the day....

Shellywelly1973 Tue 02-Jul-13 16:26:14

Congratulations!!

Kelly1814 Tue 02-Jul-13 16:05:37

Congratulations! I still feel like this at every scan and am 26 weeks!

LittleNoona Tue 02-Jul-13 16:04:06

That's so lovely to hear! Congratulations and enjoy your pregnancy smile

StillPukin Tue 02-Jul-13 16:03:40

Thank you smile I keep getting flashbacks to the scan, haha xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now