Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early movement - pls share what it felt like!

(28 Posts)
whiterose2011 Tue 02-Jul-13 14:02:09

I'm 16+3 and keep having a strange feeling really low down. It's hard to describe but feels a bit like I'm being tickled inside. Could this be my baby moving? It doesn't happen all the time - probably felt it about 10 times over the last 2-3 days. Pls share what it felt like when you first felt your baby move, otherwise I'll think I'm going mad!!!wink Xxx

Rosenip Tue 02-Jul-13 14:05:32

That's exactly what mine felt like at about 15 weeks, it was confirmed because it's the same now, only stronger and more frequently. Sometimes the baby responds to music or when I rub my tummy where it's kicked.

It's such a lovely, re-assuring feeling!

Mine was much lower down than I expected, around the knicker line, occassionally it's a bit higher but I think my baby likes to hang out fairly low, which I've heard is fine!

I'm now 18+3.

PistachioTruffle Tue 02-Jul-13 15:08:46

I first felt it last week at 16+2, and it was a tickly itchy feeling inside my stomach! Not at all what I was expecting. I've felt it a couple of times since, but not every day.

valiumredhead Tue 02-Jul-13 15:12:35

A bubbling sensation, bit like windgrin grin

HMT13 Tue 02-Jul-13 15:17:12

yeah I would say bubbling/popping too and very low down as well. I thought it was wind to start off with but it's happening more frequently now and getting stronger. I'm 20+3 now and it only started about a week ago.

GoodTouchBadTouch Tue 02-Jul-13 15:26:28

Im expecting my 3rd 16+5 and have felt it for the last week, exactly as you describe. Im sure its the baby. Lovely isnt it!?

rallytog1 Tue 02-Jul-13 15:47:56

Trapped wind. None of the lovely butterflies and tickles that other people seemed to be feeling!

LovelyWeatherForDucks Tue 02-Jul-13 15:53:38

That sounds about right! By 18 weeks I could SEE teeny tiny movements and pokes on the outside and DH could feel it grin

BonaDea Tue 02-Jul-13 15:55:54

I had an anterior placenta and so didn't feel anything til about 20 weeks. It was a distinct prod from the inside - I never had any of the to tickling or fluttering others describe!

Kelly1814 Tue 02-Jul-13 16:06:36

A bit like trapped wind!

And at 26 weeks, my DH can still hardly ever feel it sad

gloti Tue 02-Jul-13 17:03:00

For me it was def like popcorn popping in the microwave!

FoofFighter Tue 02-Jul-13 17:08:07

Like gloti, popcorn popping! or as some described it, imagine holding a wee frog in your closed hands and it jumping, tapping against you, like that smile

LabradorMama Tue 02-Jul-13 17:38:15

I first felt movement at around 19 weeks and it was like tiny pops inside, much like trapped wind but lower. Now at 23 + 3 there are definite prods, kicks and pokes as well as baby somersaults which make me feel very odd indeed!

Like a butterfly on the inside. I wasn't sure and then went to the dentist and the drilling sent the baby nuts!

LouiseD29 Wed 03-Jul-13 06:44:10

That sounds about right OP! Mine felt like tickling too, like someone running a feather across my insides, but I didn't get it until a bit later. Am 34+4 now and still get the tickles, as well as the huge pokes and kicks. It's my favourite bit of being pg smile

whiterose2011 Wed 03-Jul-13 13:38:55

Thanks for your comments ladies! Good to know I'm not imagining this. Can't believe that is my baby wriggling around in there! Xx

bonzo77 Wed 03-Jul-13 13:52:22

Like wind but lower down. Felt it at about 12 weeks with my second.

toni1bump Wed 03-Jul-13 15:58:46

Is it usual that larger ladies feel less movment? Im a size 16-18 so not really what id class as 'fat'. But im 18+2 and have been feeling like someone said little tickles. But they are very very faint. Almost like im imagining (im not haha) .. Is anyone else a lil bigger an feeling lots of movment? And how far are u?xx

FoofFighter Wed 03-Jul-13 18:22:10

I'm an 18 and felt this one at not long after 10w.

toni1bump Wed 03-Jul-13 18:26:59

10weeks? Really? Very early! This is only my first though smile

GoodTouchBadTouch Thu 04-Jul-13 14:30:22

Dont believe anyone feels movement at 10 weeks. Midwife said it is likely becasue you are expecting to feel something, so you attribute any similar feeling to the baby.

Ive occasionally felt "fetal movement" when Im not even pregnant!

FoofFighter Thu 04-Jul-13 16:27:16

yeah we are lying of course angry how dare anyone else decide for us what we do or don't feel?

I am on my 5th pregnancy and I think I know what a baby movement feels like you know hmm

If you want the actual specifics, I was sitting on the loo and bent right over and felt a popping movement. I wasn't expecting to feel it. Or imagining it. And no it wasn't poo!

biscuit

GoodTouchBadTouch Thu 04-Jul-13 16:51:53

I dont think you were lying.. just mistaken in my opinion.

Like I said, Ive felt the exact sensation while not even pregnant, if I hadve been pregnant I wouldve assumed it was the baby too.

Does the button mean you reported me??

FoofFighter Thu 04-Jul-13 17:30:09

well you and your opinion can do one smile

NomDeClavier Thu 04-Jul-13 17:34:00

I get the weird stretchy feeling you get later on when they try to uncurl except it's only above my right hipbone. I want to feel proper kicks!

I suspect I have an anterior placenta this time too so no tickly butterflies.

I've definitely felt kicks when not pregnant though. Scared the bejesus out of me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now