Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Babybond Gender Scan

(11 Posts)
beth27123 Tue 02-Jul-13 11:12:49

Sorry if this has already been posted! I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of the Newcastle branch of babybond in terms of value/experience? Also what comes with the scan photos wise and what would be extra? There doesn't seem to be much on the google front.. Thanks

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 02-Jul-13 11:38:46

You get a few pictures in a gift bag unless you pay extra for disk ect.

I haven't been to that branch but they are mostly the same I've also never been given the wrong info re sex.

BikeRunSki Tue 02-Jul-13 11:41:41

My experience of the Barnsley branch was similar to ^. Nice rrlaxig experience too.

lurcherlover Tue 02-Jul-13 12:29:39

I didn't have a gender scan as it was too early, but I had a scan at 10 weeks at Babybond in Manchester after my previous pg ended in a mmc. They were really lovely and I would recommend. I was terrified going in with the memory of my previous scan, but the sonographer was lovely, showed me the heartbeat straight away and gave us loads of time to see everything. It said on the website that 2 scan pics were included but actually she gave us loads. I'd recommend them. We would've gone back for a gender scan but dd was lying with her legs wide open at my 20 week NHS scan, so no need grin

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 02-Jul-13 16:48:31

Forgot to add that I've had one at approx 15/16 weeks each time with that company and so far no mistakes

HJBeans Tue 02-Jul-13 17:06:10

I did this - though not in Newcastle - mainly to reassure myself things were going well after a couple of miscarriages and it was a very good experience. She printed several photos for us - which weren't as clear as the 12 week ones from the NHS - and made very brief notes on his position. What made it worth it for me was that they schedule lots of time for it, so we spent a good long while looking at him while she pointed out all the different structures and explained they were all looking just as they should at that stage. I'd definitely do it again were I in need of reassurance (or desperate to know the gender).

Shellywelly1973 Tue 02-Jul-13 17:11:34

I used Babybond in London for an early scan at 7 weeks. Very good experience & would recommend using them. Lots of pictures, information & care.

Hopingforno2 Tue 02-Jul-13 20:38:51

Hi again not babybond in newcastle but have used glasgow and Livingston I cant reccomend them highly enough. I had gender scan with dd at 17 weeks they were right and gave us loads of pics. We went back for 4d scan and dd would not show us her face your only supposed to get 1 rescan the lovely sonographer brought us back twice and we ended up with fantastic pics and dvd and they even printed off a pic for my ds and 2 aunties that were there

terilou87 Tue 02-Jul-13 21:00:41

i also went to the barnsley branch in my last pregnancy, they were very good, i already knew what i was having but the sonographer said not to tell him what it was and he will double check the gender, i had a 4d scan so it was pretty obvious he was a boy. but it was a lovely experience, i would recomend it to anyone, will be having another this time round smile

DifferentNow Tue 02-Jul-13 21:09:27

I had a gender scan at 16+1 at the Edinburgh branch earlier this year. I'd read a few dodgy reviews of Babybond after I'd booked but it was a really nice experience and they correctly predicted our baby's gender. We took our other 4 DC with us and they were great with them and printed them each their own copies of photos to take into school. We were given lots of pictures - a mixture of 2d and 3d.

beckie90 Tue 02-Jul-13 21:14:03

I'm from barnsley too smile I used babyview it was rubbish I wish id have gone with babybond as heard all posative things about them xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now