Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

37 weeks - stabby jabby hot knitting needle pain...

(9 Posts)
fatandlumpy Mon 01-Jul-13 07:54:16

I get this a lot. It quite literally stops me in my tracks. Even though I m already completely nd utterly in love with him, I can't help thinking that my wee one is going to be a little sod.

Cavort Mon 01-Jul-13 06:29:44

I am currently 40+5 <sighs> and started getting this at around 33 weeks. It has got gradually worse as the weeks have gone by but has only been really bad for the last few weeks. If I am having them, I found sitting on a gym ball stops the pains completely until I get off it again.

Drhamsterstortoise Mon 01-Jul-13 00:12:12

Yes it's awful isn't it.Had it on my second.I had it for the last few weeks and was afraid to leave the house incase I got it.Think it's helping things along though.Had a nice 2 hour labour!

MrsSpagBol Sun 30-Jun-13 23:48:27

Thanks ladies. I thought at 37 weeks I'd be done with the "pregnancy ailments" but it seems to roll on right till the end. I was a little shocked by how sore it was -it literally took my breath away I may have screamed while I was hanging the washing out earlier.

deep sigh

greenj1 Sun 30-Jun-13 23:16:00

It's quite normal and I agree think pleasant thoughts about baby!!

starsandstripes72 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:42:53

Sounds like lightening crotch to me too!!! Im 39 weeks and have been getting this for about 3 weeks. Struggle think nice thoughts about the baby when it happens ;)

MrsSpagBol Sun 30-Jun-13 21:33:34

Thank you Green.

Should I be worried?

greenj1 Sun 30-Jun-13 21:27:49

It's lightning crotch, baby is basically using your cervix as a bouncing ball!!! If worried call your midwife xx

MrsSpagBol Sun 30-Jun-13 21:00:30

...in the cervical area.

cries

Any advice?
Is it a "ring the MW" kinda scenario? Or just one more sucky symptom of this neverending pregnancy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now