Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Confused.com? :-s Could I be pregnant?

(34 Posts)
Dee87 Sun 30-Jun-13 15:24:31

Hi ladies & gents. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area or something but could do with some help/advice/morale boosting. Dh & I have been ttc since march & so far no joy...or maybe joy! :-s basically my cycle is usually about 31-32 days long & I'm on day 33 today but no AF.
I have all my usual pms symptoms... Cranky, sore boobs, some cramping but no AF! Usually I'd have spotting or bloody discharge (sorry if th@s tmi) about 2-3 days before AF, which hasn't happened this month & I have added symptoms of extreme lethargy, intermittent nausea (altho I'm still eating & not vomiting) & major lower back pain (I get back pain sometimes during my period but this is more intense).
Was excited & virtually convinced I'm pregnant, told Dh of my thoughts & everything but today I took a pt (took it at 5am to get an early morning sample altho I had gotten up previously in the nite to go to the loo) & it came back negative! :-(
I don't know what to think! This is most unusual for my body. Also being treated for a touch of thrush as I'd had some feminine itching (altho I'm not convinced its thrush) could that cause a missed period but still give me pms symptoms?
Any help/responses greatly appreciated!

Fairypants Thu 04-Jul-13 07:47:57

I'm sorry to hear that dee, I was really hopeful for you. I was nearly a week late on my first month of trying so I get what a disappointment it is.
I hope you have a wine and cosset yourself for a few days before gearing up for next time.

WannaBMummaDee Thu 04-Jul-13 18:55:03

Thanks kasareem. AF has infact arrived :-(It's a bad 1 aswell, so much back pain I nearly cried. Had to resort to taking 2 paracetamol & 1 ibuprofen! I have been trying not to take pills since we started trying but I had to succumb today. I just wanna get this ova wiv now & try again. Thanks for all your help & support guys. Ill keep you posted x

WannaBMummaDee Thu 04-Jul-13 18:55:52

Thanks kasareem. AF has infact arrived :-(It's a bad 1 aswell, so much back pain I nearly cried. Had to resort to taking 2 paracetamol & 1 ibuprofen! I have been trying not to take pills since we started trying but I had to succumb today. I just wanna get this ova wiv now & try again. Thanks for all your help & support guys. Ill keep you posted x

WannaBMummaDee Thu 04-Jul-13 19:00:41

Thanks fairypants. Yes having a cider wiv DH now & going to eat the stuff I can't eat whilst preggers this weekend like Brie, several strong coffees & runny poached eggs & then when AF has departed I'm back on the no caffeine, careful what I eat & frolicking like bunnies (sorry if that's TMI) x

pmgkt Thu 04-Jul-13 19:18:57

Dee, do you do ov tests, given that you don't have the 'normal' cycle, it maybe worth checking when you ovulate to make sure you are being bunnies at the right time. I have a short cycle and didn't ovulate when I thought I did at all so by knowing that we could time it better

WannaBMummaDee Thu 04-Jul-13 19:58:20

I don't do ov tests currently. We try to go by the general rule of 'trying' every other day throughout the month. But maybe doing ov tests would be a good idea. Can you recommend a good test kit? Are they very expensive?

WannaBMummaDee Thu 04-Jul-13 20:00:56

I guess it could be, at least in part, because my cycles are longer than average & towards the end of the month trying we tend to get tired & 'try' less frequently. Maybe I'm missing my window.

pmgkt Fri 05-Jul-13 06:43:21

I bought mine on eBay, from a company called fertility something. They were about £8 for 100 so not expensive.

WannaBMummaDee Fri 05-Jul-13 06:56:03

That's brill. Thank you will definitely look into that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now