Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stretch & sweep at 41 weeks

(100 Posts)
webminx Sun 30-Jun-13 08:19:46

Off for a S&S today at 41 weeks. Bit nervous. What's likely to happen afterwards? Have heard stories of a) nothing happening as conditions were "unfavourable" or b) going straight into labour after the sweep.
Did you have a S&S and if so, what happened next? Did your waters break?

And God, does it have to be so hot!?

Underwood2013 Wed 03-Jul-13 22:00:33

Great news Katy - happy to hear things are progressing!!!

When you have finished with them, can you pls pass the labour vibes my way? wink

webminx Thu 04-Jul-13 07:31:53

+1! Still nothing here...

Underwood2013 Thu 04-Jul-13 09:37:53

Wonder if we'll all pop on the same day??

No signs here, keep hoping to be woke in the night with waters breaking or something!

MrFranklyShankly Thu 04-Jul-13 10:07:04

Nothing happening here either underwood, would be funny if we all popped on the same day! Ohhh Katy sounds like there is a possibility that you could be holding your lovely bundle of joy now....looking forward to an update.....webminx hang in there you could be next

Well I really thought things were looking up yesterday as I started to cramp really badly on and off and had a slight show....but then yesterday evening all stopped :-( so concentrating on inducement next week......positive thinking might make it happen sooner!!!! Good luck ladies. F

Chesterado Thu 04-Jul-13 10:56:40

No baby here either! Have had a lot of period type achy pains and cramps since the acupuncture but nothing to show for it yet. Going back for another session this afternoon, after that i'm resigned to induction on sat. Underwood if that's when you go In too I'll race you!

Still very much hope to come back on here and read of amazing spontaneous labours over the next few days though - positive thoughts for webminx!

webminx Thu 04-Jul-13 11:18:17

Short contractions every 20 minutes or so. COME ON! Hoping for longer, stronger and closer together soon! I hope this isn't another false start!!

purpleaura Thu 04-Jul-13 11:21:52

I have to admit to following this thread with excitement and anticipation (31 weeks and getting excited about meeting my little one, though there's still a long wait smile). I just wanted to say good luck to you all! I'm willing you all on here, sending you the best vibes I can flowers. Fingers crossed webminx!

Underwood2013 Thu 04-Jul-13 12:25:43

Barring any changes before - you've got yourself a race chesterado!!

My appt sat is at 9.30 but I understand they do a bit of exam / monitoring before there is any pessary action.

I went for a pedicure today, think the lady was scared I'd pop there since I struggle to move with my spd. No such luck but at least toes will be looking nice, ha ha.

Fingers crossed for you webminx - sounds positive!!!

Chesterado Thu 04-Jul-13 12:30:26

Oooh how exciting webminx. Everything crossed!

Underwood I go in at 1000 so you have already got 30 mins on me!

Chocomama1 Thu 04-Jul-13 14:20:51

Go on webminx!!!!!

webminx Thu 04-Jul-13 16:31:02

contractions every 10 minutes for last couple of hours. Last few getting stronger and bit closer together! Starting to believe this might be it :-)

tumbletumble Thu 04-Jul-13 18:37:37

Yay! Go webminx!!

MrFranklyShankly Thu 04-Jul-13 19:56:52

Ohhhh webminx you lucky thing .....actual contractions!!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you x

Underwood2013 Thu 04-Jul-13 20:01:40

I second that - lucky you with the actual contractions!! Good luck webminx!!

webminx Thu 04-Jul-13 20:10:08

Back to every 10 mins. This is DS1's birth all over again.... sad

Underwood2013 Thu 04-Jul-13 20:55:44

Hang in there... We're all pulling for you!!! C'mon baby webminx!

Chocomama1 Fri 05-Jul-13 07:55:49

Any news?

Period pains started again

Chesterado Fri 05-Jul-13 08:10:14

Morning, period pains sound encouraging Choca! I also had a lot of painful cramps over night, at one point they were coming quite regularly but then fizzled out around 5am. I was awake from 3am so shattered now but dd is up and raring to go.

In other news my mil and the various other people currently annoying me have gone from 'where is the baby' to you might as well hold on until the royal baby comes and get the special coin etc etc. Grr.

Underwood2013 Fri 05-Jul-13 09:35:41

Ha ha- too funny Chester - I got a similar comment yesterday!!
My parents are already in town from abroad, and now the IL are coming down tomorrow baby or no baby. How's that for a bit of (albeit good intentions) pressure?! The IL are staying at a b&b - else I think it really would be too much - esp if they send me home while pessary works it's magic. Really don't fancy an audience!!!

Absolutely nada here - 24hrs til induction appt and it really seems that baby is waiting it out - I only hope that a pessary is enough and I don't end up needing pessary then gel then drip. Please no!!

Wonder if webminx has had her baby??

Hope your period pains lead to something Choco!

Katydive Fri 05-Jul-13 10:44:24

Hi all, gave birth to baby Mabel yesterday morning at 11.16 am after a four hour labour, be warned late ladies I went from 4cm to giving birth in 17 minutes, don't be fooled!

Good luck all xx

MrFranklyShankly Fri 05-Jul-13 10:57:01

Ohhh wow Katy, congratulations....that's just great news.....good news on the labour too, that's given me lots of hope! Enjoy your little bundle now...what weight was she??? Beautiful name to by the way....good on ya.
Fx

Underwood2013 Fri 05-Jul-13 11:50:34

Congrats Katy!!! I would love only 4 hrs! Thanks for the hope!!

tumbletumble Fri 05-Jul-13 13:48:03

Congratulations Katy! Thank you for sharing your lovely news. 17 minutes - wow!!!

Chesterado Fri 05-Jul-13 16:15:47

Congratulations Katy that fantastic and super quick too!

Have had another couples of hours of contractions here but they've gone away yet again!

Underwood2013 Fri 05-Jul-13 16:19:18

So Chester our race tomorrow may still be on...! ;-)

Mine isn't even pretending he wants to come out so far - no signs at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now