Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough vaccine, don't know what to do!!

(53 Posts)
Linnielou5 Sun 23-Jun-13 14:55:35

Hello!!

As the title says I am undecided as to get the vaccine or not. I'm 28 weeks pregnant so at my midwife appt on Thursdays I was given the booklet about the jag, I didn't read it untill last night and I've been full of worry since even to the point of crying. I've tried looking up the internet and all it says is that it's not licensed to be used on pregnant women so the risks are unknown, haven't came across any bad stories about it. I'm petrified to get it incase something happens but I know I would never forgive myself if my baby caught it either. I don't know anyone or have even heard of anyone close by thats had whooping cough and my mum is a nurse and she hasn't heard of any cases either. Hubby says I should get it, my mum is undecided, haven't spoke to anyone else for an opinion. This is my 3rd baby and I'm more worried this time than I was with my 1st. Baby moves around loads some days then hardly any the next so I find myself waiting untill I finally get that first kick of the day and then still worry 24/7.

I'm wondering, who's had the jag, who will get it and who definatley won't?? I know this is my decision but would really appreciate other opinions.

Thanks for reading. xx

parttimer79 Tue 25-Jun-13 19:48:28

sheep - have you had any side effects. I have mine tomorrow and then a really heavy work load for the next 2 days so if I react badly I'm stuffed!

sheeplikessleep Wed 26-Jun-13 16:53:11

Parttimer- I've got a swollen read hot patch on my arm and its very achy, but nothing else. Apart from general pregnancy exhaustion!!

I had a very sore arm for about three days but nothing else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now