Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Anyone here pregnant after low AMH test result?

(19 Posts)
alexandrapm Sat 22-Jun-13 15:00:24

Hello,

I hope you are all doing great. I probably should have written this post in the conception board but I think it might be more appropriate to write it here since what I am looking for is cases that can give me hope that it is possible to get pregnant after being diagnosed with low AMH levels.

I am 34 years old, 35 in October. I have just got my blood test results and turns out my AMH levels are 0.6.pmol/l I have yet to see my Doctor on Tuesday but I was also told by the lady who did my sonogram that my antral follicle count was low so I am feeling pretty devastated right now...

Any advice or hope stories would truly help right now and will be very much appreciated.

all the best,

Alex

lozster Sat 22-Jun-13 23:31:40

I had an AMH classified as sub fertile (can't recall exact figure). I had two full rounds of ivf and got 5 then two eggs respectively. This was followed by a frozen transfer that also failed. I then took dhea for 3 months before having a third full round that produced four eggs, three fertilised and were string enough to go to a five day transfer. Am now 34 weeks pregnant.

The mantra is that it only takes one egg and that its quality not quantity that count.

Not sure how instrumental dhea was but have a google or look at fertility friends for info.

EeyoreIsh Sun 23-Jun-13 09:55:50

I'm pregnant with low amh and endometriosis.

I was told I'd need ivf to conceive. I've actually managed to get pregnant twice (after waiting two years) without any treatment. I lost the first baby in a miscarriage. I'm now seven weeks pregnant.

Low amh just means low egg supply. It only takes one egg.

Good luck.

blondebaby111 Sun 23-Jun-13 09:57:50

I'm not sure of my amh number (I think it was low) but I had a number of investigations thru hosp and we got given the diagnosis of unexplainned infertility. It wasn't until we headed to the ivf clinic that I got told my egg reserve was low and my ammh was low too.

After our first round of ivf failed I felt so so low and generally thought it would never happen. But you have to remember it only takes one sperm and one egg to get pregnant so never ever give up.

I'm now 11 weeks pregnant naturally after 5 years of trying, we were just about to start ivf again when I found out, the only thing I did differently was I had reiki and I started taking low dose aspirin. It came as a massive shock.
So please please never give up, take all the help that's offered to u, have they put u on clomid or suggested ivf?? Please stay positive, I'm 36 and although we have a long way to go (haven't had a scan yet) good things do happen, wish u loads of luck xxx

OnlyThePurpleOnes Sun 23-Jun-13 16:57:20

We had been trying for dc2 for a few months, I went in for a checkup for other reasons and mentioned we were trying. Was given the test due to medical history and was told my AMH is 0.08 (yup). I'm 33. We went full steam into talk of hormone treatment, and was told I would be allowed one round before being moved straight to IVF. Went in to start treatment and discovered I was 6 weeks pregnant naturally. As the others said, it only takes one egg (and I only have about 3, by all accounts!) good luck.

OnlyThePurpleOnes Sun 23-Jun-13 16:58:34

Oh, I was also taking DHEA for the month before we found out. HTH.

alexandrapm Mon 24-Jun-13 21:48:41

hello, thank you all for your replies. They do really help. I will talk to the doctor tomorrow and another one next week, if there are any more stories of pregnancies after being diagnosed with low AMH levels please let me know...

blondebaby111 Wed 26-Jun-13 21:52:21

I'm gonna bump this thread up for again, I hope some other people have some positive stories for u xx

cookiemonster100 Wed 26-Jun-13 22:03:50

Hey,

I have a low AMH level & endo. TTC nearly 4 years. Currently 20 weeks pg after our first round of IVF.
I empathise with you as it can be a bleak time to go through- don't give up and don't let the docs fob you off. I am glad I pushed and pushed the docs into investigations so when we went for IVF they can treat you accordingly.
Good luck
Xx

alexandrapm Wed 26-Jun-13 22:09:34

Again.thank you for your replies.

Toptack Wed 26-Jun-13 22:21:47

My AMH level was about 6 on the uk scale the first time I fell pregnant (resulted in DS1) and just over 1 with my second pregnancy (now 32 weeks gone). I used a low dose of clomid both times. The month I fell pregnant this time round I was scanned and only 4 antral follicles, but it really does only take one... Best of luck xx

alexandrapm Thu 27-Jun-13 06:10:18

Thank you Toptack smile

meyersfan Thu 27-Jun-13 10:04:13

My amh result was so low I've tried to block it out of my head (0.02 or something ridiculous)! - they could only see one antral follicle. Basically, the result fell into the 'undetectable' level of fertility. I fell pregnant the following month, miscarried but am now 35 weeks pregnant (both were natural conceptions).

Getting that result was definitely a very low point in my life but it also confirmed what I already suspected (that I was running out of eggs). Fortunately there were a few more hanging around!

I hope you have a happy outcome soon.

alexandrapm Fri 28-Jun-13 14:08:07

Thank you Meyersfan, this really does help a lot! thanks.

JethroTull Fri 28-Jun-13 14:12:52

My story echoes those above. Didn't find out I had low AMH until went to a private fertility clinic after TTC for 3 years. Took DHEA for 3 months prior to starting IVF, got 4 eggs & am now 25 weeks pregnant. Good luck OP - I'd recommend taking DHEA.

ShamelessInTheCountry Fri 28-Jun-13 14:52:05

Hi Alexandra, I've just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant after 14 months of trying, conceived naturally but on 2nd round of low dose of clomid, 50mg, then i upped myself to 75mg ;)
Unexplained fertility, every test we had came back fine, I ovulate regularly.
I had my amh tested privately 8 months ago and it was very low at 3.09, and I was 28 then. I took DHEA 75mg a day for three months from feb to april this year, i'd give it a go for sure, my acupuncturist recommended it too. Most private clinics put you on it before ivf to boost your egg count. My friends has been through a few rounds of ivf and has had her amh tested a few times and it has varied massively so I don't think one test isn't necessarily accurate or maybe weirdly it can fluctuate...
Good luck honey!! xx

alexandrapm Fri 28-Jun-13 23:10:33

thank you Jethro and Shameless, I truly appreciate it.

A question about the DHEA, have you guys had any bad side effects?

Deepu1803 Fri 06-Jun-14 18:08:29

HI I M 28. TRYING TO CONCEIVE NATURALLY FROM 4 YEARS.. WITH HIGH FSH , KH & EVEN LOW AMH(<0.02). DOC SAYS ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO ATTAIN NATURAL CONCEPTION.. IF ANY1 R BEING INTO SAME..PLS ADVISE..

sophie150 Sat 07-Jun-14 08:56:11

I was told I had 'very low' amh (1.44) at 29 after a year of trying to conceive naturally unsuccessfully.

We did go for IVF and I'm now 15 weeks pregnant after our third round. I'm sure the clinic made a difference though - we used Care in Nottingham for the successful round who were fantastic and far better clinics than the first two (one NHS one private). We had the fewest number of eggs on the last cycle (6) but two really good embryos were put back in.

As everyone has said it only takes one egg so there's no clinical reason why we can't get pregnant. But I felt a need to just get on with the medical intervention rather than keep trying to conceive naturally as I knew time wasn't on our side.

Good luck with your journey - the decisions aren't easy and I certainly felt that I didn't have the luxury of time to think everything through and deal with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now