Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - posifrickentivity, hand holding, and smelly gush.

(998 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Sat 22-Jun-13 07:32:55

Thread for ladies who are freaking out panicking slightly when preggy after miscarriage.
Plenty of oldies. Newbies always welcome.

StarsInTheNightSky Sat 22-Jun-13 21:44:01

shellsocks thank you so much smile sorry my chronically slow typing meant I didn't see you post. I think being pg turns me completely bonkers and hysterical! wink x

Pentagon Sat 22-Jun-13 21:47:24

welcome stars and all the best for your pregnancy! Brown/pink discharge isn't anything to worry about 99% of the time - I hope you have good news on Tuesday; same for you stitch, glad the first day has gone OK, only 2 to go.

shell I think we're all superstitious after our miscarriages, I doubt you have tempted fate and you haven't bought the pram anyway, just had a look right? wink

shellsocks Sat 22-Jun-13 21:47:25

stars we are all the same, it's really sad that we are all here but it's good that we can vent at each other cos at least you know there are people that understand just how bonkers you are grin

littlepinkfizz Sat 22-Jun-13 21:47:42

Thank you for all your kind welcomes! Sounds like a busy thread with lots of support. So nervous even though its my 5 dc ( I pray) but my 9 th pregnancy.

My dc are 16,15,13 and 2!

Nice to see another on #5 pumpkin

shellsocks Sat 22-Jun-13 21:52:28

I know pentagon but with DS I didn't look at anything at all till weeks from now, so this feels all wrong. With my first PG (MMC) me and DH went into mamas and papas when I was abt 9w looked round, then walked out as we felt daft in there not having a clue...but it made me scared to go near a baby shop when PG with DS and my brain is saying look how the two PGs turned out confused DH is out tonight so obviously thinking abt this too much! Gonna have a dopple in a min, cheer myself up smile

IBelieveInPink Sat 22-Jun-13 21:56:12

Welcome fizz and stars! Lovely to have you here. Yes, we chat lots, so there is loads of support smile

Thanks for the advice on dd's ladies smile I think he is coming round to the idea. I'm overjoyed I will get to play with babies again!! Only problem is, we always did struggle on girl names!!

Shell, you have totally not tempted fate. Looking at prams doesn't count, honest!! (I'm off to order mine tomorrow. Yay!)

Just looked at the measurements from baby girls scan. She has slightly below average measurements for everything apart from the distance between her ears! Does this mean she will be clever or just hard to push out!
Also has short legs, just like me smile
All says normal, so happy with all of them not googling at all

StarsInTheNightSky Sat 22-Jun-13 22:00:23

Pentagon thank you so much, I just saw it, panicked and thought the worst. The poor midwife must have thought I was off my rocker when I phoned her completely hysterical blush

Shell thank you, it is really nice to have people to talk to who understand, it's making such a difference to my sanity level already! I'm sure you won't have jinxed anything, it's so sad how mc can rob the joy out of being pg but I'm sure everything will be fine smile. Could you watch something rubbish on TV or something like that to help take your mind off things as well as the dopple?

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sat 22-Jun-13 22:02:12

hi stars! welcome and huge congrats! i second everything that has been said already smile hope tuesday comes quickly!

shell i had a notion to go to mamas and papas today to look at prams, the only reason i didn't go was that i was like a zombie and had to go home and crawl into bed. i might go tomorrow though. mainly because i've started to panic that i need a super expensive one to fit in my car (i have a mini) so i just want to get an idea of cost. or come to terms with the fact that i might need to change my car!

shellsocks Sat 22-Jun-13 22:04:05

stars I've sky plused the voice (total crap telly!) then got a Johnny Depp Film so it's all good smile

DIYandEatCake Sat 22-Jun-13 22:10:49

Hi everyone, just checking in quickly as on holiday (again!), congratulations on all the good scans and everything crossed for you stitch for Tuesday. Welcome fizz and stars too smile

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sun 23-Jun-13 15:50:04

hope you're having a lovely time n hols diy lucky duck!

i think i have a little breakdancer in my tum - been feeling some crazy little baby movements today, more than ever before. either a breakdancer or a karate kid! eek! thought i was never going to get these feelings!

IBelieveInPink Sun 23-Jun-13 17:12:07

Aw Janie that's so lovely. smile Has your dp felt yet?

Well I am officially being brave. Pram bought! And some pink stuff just to make it really real. Meep.

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sun 23-Jun-13 17:27:36

Ooooh pink that's exciting!!! Eek!!

DH didn't feel it, I couldn't feel when I held my tummy...wondering is it because I've got a bit of a flabby tum (read that as spare tyre) cushioning the blows

jessw25 Sun 23-Jun-13 17:56:36

Hi all, pls can I join you guys too?

My story - Had a mc this time last year, literally this week, it was my first pregnancy.

Am now over the moon to be 36 weeks but have grade 4 placenta previa and having had a couple of medium bleeds, have spent last 3 weeks in hospital and got another 2 left till my scheduled ceaserean, if we get that far (if have major bleed they'll need to do an emergency one, which us why I have to be here!)

My friends have all had 'easy'/ text book pregnancies so I sometimes feel quite miffed, lying here worried in hospital, that after the horribleness of the mc last year, I'm now 'high risk' with this pregnancy. The man upstairs is making me work for my first baby... I'm sure this will only make me love him/her even more but it just doesn't seem fair sometimes does it!!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 23-Jun-13 17:56:54

Can't wait tofeel mine move, it's truly amazing smile enjoy! (until they get so big it actually hurts being booted from the inside out, lol!)

I'm sure my dp didn't feel our babies move until way after 20 weeks- the kicks just weren't strong enough. I felt DD at 17 weeks and DS at 16- only 2 more weeks to go, maybe?! Eeek!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 23-Jun-13 18:02:01

Cross posts Jess- congratulations on your pregnancy and sorry to hear you've been stuck in hospital so long sad. it won't be long til this all becomes a distant memory and you have your little one in your arms! Welcome to the thread, look forward to having a birth announcement on here soon!! grin

LuckySocks13 Sun 23-Jun-13 18:45:31

Welcome Jess. As Blackholes said hopefully all this will be a distant memory very soon. It must really suck being stuck in hospital.
Also welcome to Stars. I am just 18 weeks and have been having bleeds ranging from brown to pink to red over the duration of this pregnancy. Pretty petrifying.
Wow Janie. I'm very jealous of your little break dancer envy I may have felt something today but cant be too sure!
Well done on you purchases Pink smile I have brought a little baby grow smile
Sorted DS baby box out today as having a bit of a spring clean. Inside was his coming home from hospital clothes and a teeny tiny little nappy. My goodness I forgot how small they are!!!

andadietcoke Sun 23-Jun-13 19:08:05

pink that's awesome - which one did you get?

jess welcome! At least you're in the very best place, although I bet it's driving you insane being there. Not too long to go though... smile

IBelieveInPink Sun 23-Jun-13 19:33:06

Hey jess. Exciting stuff! (although I'm sure hideously boring for you!) not long now til you have your LO though! I take it you don't know what flavour you are expecting?

Diet - I got the uppababy vista, and the maxi cosy pebble car seat. I'm so in love with it. And I got a changing bag too! I'm all mummied up now smile

Baby has been having a wiggle again. Think she's excited too!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 23-Jun-13 21:01:47

Congrats on the purchases and wiggly baby, pink! grin

I'm stuffing my face to the point if bingeing at the moment.... Somebody stop me!! I already have a big fat belly and at 14 weeks my baby is still deep down there in my pelvis. (unless- clutching at straws hopefully- it's moved up quicker as it's my third baby?!)

I just ate (eek) about 4 bags of snack a jacks. blush blush blush

GardenWorm Sun 23-Jun-13 21:14:04

'About 4 bags' Blackholes that just made me chuckle! They are relatively healthy aren't they? Could be worse...(thinks).....could be 4 pasties or something!

Hello Jess god you must be bored out of your mind! I was bored in hospital for one night after DD. Hopefully the next couple of weeks go smoothly for you.

Shell fab choice with the Baby Jogger - thought you'd written it off as its a tandem? I love my single, no new prams for me. You can get car seat adapters for it too if you wanted to (for the single at least)

Pink meant to ask if DH likes swimming? I have taken DD to swimming lessons since she was 3mths. And will probably start earlier with the next one. She can't get enough of it! Maybe something DH could do? If not the actual lessons because of work etc maybe on the weekends as a family? Not too girly and if they love it it's soooo cute to dunk em and see them swim.

Hope today went as well as it could Stitch and that tomorrow races by for you x

jessw25 Sun 23-Jun-13 21:23:48

Thanks for the welcome all :-)

And nope pink, I don't know the flavour ('flavour', love that lol!) - am very impatient to find out! Bet you're excited now you have the buggy etc! Think getting that sorted makes it much more real.

I reckon your 4x snack a jacks is allowed Blackhole cos surely 2 bags of that is like 1 bag of norm crisps so you've had 2 for you and 2 for LO?! My DH has brought me in some cadburys creme eggs tonight....they won't last long, oink

BumpKitty Sun 23-Jun-13 22:01:03

Oh jess what a pain, but you are definitely in the right place and they are keeping an eye on you. I hope the weeks fly by and you are soon back at home with your lovely baby unable to imagine a time when you could lie in a hospital bed eating creme eggs! ;)

Hello fizz I remember you smile so glad to have you here and you too stars good luck for Tuesday, lots of us have had bleeding and gone on to have healthy babies xx

Happy holidays diy smile hope you're somewhere warm and lovely.

I went to watch the new superman film on Friday (it's very dull) and it was so loud the baby was having a right old dance about, it was almost certainly the noise and not the bags of revels, randoms and minstrels I was eating smile (Blackholes you are a bingeing lightweight! Snack-a-Jacks are practically one of your five a day they are so healthy grin)

And... we stayed with some friends on Saturday night, they have been trying for baby 2 for 9 months. The men went out to buy beer and friend's DH came back and dropped a pg test in her lap (not very subtle!) she said she would do it the next day to not spoil her night but then snuck off and did it and BFP!!!! So excited for her, she did have to leave the last half of her Cosmopolitan though grin It's a secret though so no telling!

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sun 23-Jun-13 22:23:39

ooh bump that's so exciting about your friend!! my lips are sealed ;) i would have killed DH if he did that though!!!

hi jess, so exciting that you little bundle s arriving so soon! hope you have lots of cheesey magazines and things to keep you entertained. good luck for the next few weeks

blackholes your snack a jacks binge sounds pretty tame compared to some of mine! wow i managed a £2.50 pick a mix and then a big indian takeaway on friday night - thought i was going to pop. now that's a binge!

lucky i had a few teases in there over the last week or so, wasn't really sure if it was baby or just tummy rumbles, but today i had a cheese on toast and a cuppa and then booom! the breakdancing started! i'm sure of it smile i bet you'll have the same soon!

pink i'm very impressed at your purchase! did it take you long to decide on one? i'm completely baffled anytime i look online...never made it to m&p today...where else can you look...i'm such a novice at all this!

BumpKitty Sun 23-Jun-13 22:27:02

yeah janie i would have killed him too but he had to buy it in front of my DH and my DH is a right gossip so he reasoned I would have found out anyway grin

prams - john lewis, kiddicare, mothercare. I got so fed up of looking and researching I just went out and bought one - it was crap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now