Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Things nobody tells you!

(78 Posts)
MrsLianeB Mon 17-Jun-13 14:14:38

I have struggled to dtd with oh not because I don't want to it appears my vagina is so swollen it hurts far too much!
I'm sure if they told people this happens during pregnancy there wouldn't be as many 'unwanted pregnancies' as what this country has as noone wants a swollen foof!

Middy75 Fri 21-Jun-13 07:51:31

The syntometrine can give you a stinking headache and awful vomiting, the after pains can be horrific too!

MrsBri Fri 21-Jun-13 07:26:59

WishingWell and Labrador...I had a closer look at mine the other day and discovered to my horror that yes, it's a third (albeit tiny) nipple! Holy crap! :-/

The things you find out when you're pregnant!

LabradorMama Thu 20-Jun-13 23:43:48

WishingWell me too! I already knew it was a third nipple but no one told me it would get bigger, darker and more sensitive in pregnancy. I'm hoping I can use it as a spare for BF when the other two are knackered <grin>

wispa31 Thu 20-Jun-13 23:05:16

big yes to magnesium for restless legs!! havent had cramps just the resltless legs, only get it when i run out of magnesium and waiting for order to arrive. make sure its magnesium citrate, chelated minerals are better absorbed. also really good for helping you sleep. you can by it it powder form from myprotein.com, just add some to small amount of water and drink before bedtime. or holland and barretts sell the better you magnesium sprays, theres one for bedtime, spray it on then rub in.

TinyCC Thu 20-Jun-13 10:50:16

I'm so glad it's not just me sprouting hair everywhere. I'm like a bearded woman unless I use hair remover nearly daily.

HazleNutt Thu 20-Jun-13 10:12:16

Anybody TTC or just found out about the pregnancy and reading this thread - what nobody tells you is that you might actually not get any of this, so don't panic. I'm due tomorrow and have, in fact, just sailed through without any morning sickness, pains, extra emotions, tiredness etc. Could happen to you as well!

feekerry Thu 20-Jun-13 08:22:51

Not just piles... Oh no... But INTERNAL piles

shellandkai Thu 20-Jun-13 08:06:51

Something else that made me think about my ds 1st poo, I couldn't reach over to change his bum
So partner did it for me, when he did he opened the nappy my ds was pooing a very dark thick sticky poo while he was pooing I remember my partner looking horrified and saying to my ds "stop it you dirty boy, stop pooing" lol like my da would actually just magically stop because he said so lol still makes me laugh thinking of that to this day lol grin

FoofFighter Wed 19-Jun-13 09:28:29

LEG CRAMPS ladies get to boots and get some magnesium tablets! 100% RDA of it, plus that of calcium and Vit D in there - will take a week maybe to get your mag levels up to make a difference, but it does work. Also for restless legs syndrome.

pocopearl Wed 19-Jun-13 09:25:24

lightening crotch i think not more like someone shoving a knife up. My God I was naive and though pregnancy would be all sunshine rainbows and fairy dust. Im still waiting... I have constipation with unsatisfying rabbit poops, have had morning sickness since 10 weeks, except once i hit around 30 weeks, every morning when Im sick I pee myself sad and at 36 weeks I have nipple pads in because my boobs leak for England. No one said anything about leaky boobs like this I was expecting maybe a dribble not bloody Niagara falls

Oh lighting crutch, i remember that all to much!! Lighting it is

MrsBri Tue 18-Jun-13 22:40:58

Rockchick, lightning crotch is a sharp pain shooting up your fanjo when the baby is engaging. It hurts :-/

After having 4dc i can pretty much tell you the list is long lolgrin

Constipation
Thrush
Piles
Hairy bellybutton
Growing blonde hairs, like a moustache!!!
Loss of hair
Varicose vains vaginal & legs
Leg cramps
Sciatica
Aching pelvis
Peeing yourself if toilets are not within reach for a good few hours.
Very wet vagina early on in preg, dry as hell late in pregnancy.
Moodswings
Fatigue, so extreme i once nearly missed the school run.
Very early on, blocked sniffly nose
Swollen feet, swollen legs
Boobs feel so sore i want to kill dh when he touches them.
Labour: go to the hospital when you are ready, not when labour ward says, both my last 2 would have been born at home if i had listenedshock
Labour will hurt, i won't dress it down but the gas & air is wonderful.

After baby 1st week
Blood loss (lochea) that could sink the titantic, never mind scare the loc ness monster!
After baby no3 & 4 afterpains that feel almost as bad as labour
Boobs like rocks
Stinging vagina, peeing will hurt
Scared to poo for first time after labour incase another baby comes outwink
You will waddle like a duck the day you have had baby where your bits feel sore.
Sore achey legs, where you lifted them in labour
Pelvic floors almost anighlated until you exercise them properly.
Deflated jelly like belly!
Post partum 5m preggy looking belly
First nappy change, meconium poo almost like tar takes nearly half a pack of wipes to make it disappear.

But all the above is so worth it, i'm now pregnant with no5 and i'd do it all again to have my beautiful childrensmile
And the postives far outway the negativessmile

Rockchick1984 Tue 18-Jun-13 22:29:02

What's lightning crotch??? visions of some sort of superhero cape down there

Ficidy Tue 18-Jun-13 22:09:29

I'm 32 weeks...
The ferocious leg cramps at night.
The fact that I have lost copious amounts of hair (thought this was only supposed to happen after the birth??!).
The horrendous heartburn. I get it anyway, but it's an extra special treat in pregnancy.
The fact that my boobs have started to sag already :-(
The mood swings and crying at the drop of a hat - seems to be worst in the 3rd Trimester. Sometimes fee like I have lost total control of my life (and this was a much-longed-for IVF pregnancy, so makes no sense really. Damn hormones!).
Agonising constipation. If it's anything like labour though, I know I'll cope.

On the plus side, I agree with Bunnylion... The kindness of strangers is very touching indeed and something I think I will miss once the baby is here.

Gonnabmummy Tue 18-Jun-13 19:50:41

CRAMP!! Every flippin night when u stretch :'(

wispa31 Tue 18-Jun-13 18:12:19

this thread has made me lol! i concur with the constipated sitting on toilet for aaaages swearing and panting and sweating trying to poo for it then to be fucking rabbit droppings and not the mahoosive bowling ball that it feels like!!! wheres the satisfaction in that??
sneezed and pissed myself for first time today sad
dribbling has been noticeable last few weeks too and dont get me fucking started on the itchy nipples!! wtaf??? ive given up trying to be discreet about it in work now.

gloti Tue 18-Jun-13 18:06:12

being so dry down there!

Newmum0113 Tue 18-Jun-13 17:23:17

Oh bunny I laughed for about 5 mins reading this and can't stop smiling!!

That is a very good point to make. I just hope they read far enough along to get that gem of advice!

Thank you!
flowers

Bunnylion Tue 18-Jun-13 17:17:46

There's a lot about pregnancy that isn't wonderful. But on a different note I would point out that not all of the problems described on this thread happen to everyone, so if you're 12 weeks pregnant please don't take from this thread that you're going to turn into a veiny werewolf who shits herself every day.

Besides some of the things already mentioned, no one told me about the kindness you receive from total strangers - my neighbour offering to mow the lawn, strangers loading my car with shopping, postman bringing in packages to my living room so I didn't have to carry them.

Also, people smiling at me in the street, being given free stuff in shops as a gift to 'wish [me] well with the baby' , stranger mothers in cafes getting excited for me, everyone offering me their seat or to queue jump.

As I said, it's not all roses I just sneezed and pissed myself but I've certainly been very surprised by the amount of stranger love that's flowed my way.

4athomeand1cooking Tue 18-Jun-13 16:54:19

No one told me about after pains. I thought they had missed a Twin.

Saku Tue 18-Jun-13 16:16:27

And ya your feet and nose become fat..

Saku Tue 18-Jun-13 16:13:56

Piles even without constipation angry

moominmaiden Tue 18-Jun-13 16:04:50

Feet that feel like they've been set on fire at 2am (I leave the bathwater in now, in case I need a cold soak in the small hours)

Pube migration

Simultaneous vomitting and incontinence blush

Oh, yeah, and this attractive look www.videovista.net/reviews/nov04/kenever3.jpg

MrsBri Tue 18-Jun-13 16:00:36

Wishing Well, I have a small birthmark under my left breast too which has also darkened and grown. It doesn't look like a nipple, but it has confused me! So, me and you then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now