Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Things nobody tells you!

(78 Posts)
MrsLianeB Mon 17-Jun-13 14:14:38

I have struggled to dtd with oh not because I don't want to it appears my vagina is so swollen it hurts far too much!
I'm sure if they told people this happens during pregnancy there wouldn't be as many 'unwanted pregnancies' as what this country has as noone wants a swollen foof!

bingeddybongo Mon 17-Jun-13 14:16:13

A swollen foof or a werewolf belly!!

beth27123 Mon 17-Jun-13 14:31:40

I lost control of my bladder this morning through acid sick. Was so busy trying not to vomit in my hair my PFMs gave way. OH had a giggle though.

Nobody mentioned the nosebleeds, they're certainly not the worst symptom I've had but were perhaps the most unexpected.

pocopearl Mon 17-Jun-13 15:56:09

no one warns you about feeling like a beetle stuck on your back whenever you try to get up from a sneaky sofa nap

FoofFighter Mon 17-Jun-13 17:45:58

blush I have werewolf belly sad

that morning sickness can sometimes present as horrendous diarroehea instead for the first tri.

riskit4abiskit Mon 17-Jun-13 17:47:28

werewolf belly.... and pubes that are migrating down my thighs.... sigh, I'm werewolf all over

FoofFighter Mon 17-Jun-13 18:00:59

Skin tags, am smothered in them under my boobs.

Holly94 Mon 17-Jun-13 18:01:37

That in the first few weeks you constantly feel like you're about to come on your period. Those stabbing pains you get when you move/turn over too quickly. The stretching feelings in your groin area!

nutella81 Mon 17-Jun-13 20:40:11

Ooh yeah, skin tags is a good one. Also, lots of burping.

DianeDavies Mon 17-Jun-13 20:49:56

Ha ha ha. riskit4abiskit, that really made me 'laugh out loud'! I hear you!

The thing no-one told me... ordering 3 different subway sandwiches with baby-brain is an impossibility..... "May I have a 6" footlong please", "I mean a veggie pate with tuna" "No, I mean a honeyoat with footlong please", "No, I mean a 6" tuna with bread" "Oh forget it"

RJM17 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:06:57

I have turned into a werewolf!! It's ridiculous the punt if hair I am sprouting all over the place! And sex well that just hurts too much at the minute. And these are jut minor things compared to the backache and sore hips!! X

workingtitle Mon 17-Jun-13 21:22:48

I genuinely genuinely did not know my pubes would spread so much. They're on my bottom!!!

RJM17 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:29:39

Haha yep got that too!! Seriously I have hairs growing out my chin, stomach, legs, backside!! Where the hell do they come from and why do none if the baby books tell u about them x

Signet2012 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:32:31

Constipation.

I believe it's your bodies way of preparing you for birth.

When you have sat pushing for a hour, fingers gripped into the toilet seat, swearing and sweating then eventually pass a good 8lber.

Then the piles which follow.

JeanBodel Mon 17-Jun-13 21:35:26

Acne in new places.

Your feet swelling to a bigger size.

I haven't been pregnant for five years, yet I still have the acne and bigger feet. Good luck to all of you!

Annunziata Mon 17-Jun-13 21:37:41

The sweating!

Vaginal disfigurement after stitching. I look like I have a teeny teeny weenie. I had a shock with the mirror last week.

Please let no one know who I am in real life.

AnythingNotEverything Mon 17-Jun-13 21:40:38

Thank you ladies. I thought it was just me!

Fozziebearmum2b Mon 17-Jun-13 21:51:36

The beautiful excess WIND!

Followed by constipation.... :-(

The combination is a joy...

PleaseLetsGoToSleep Mon 17-Jun-13 21:53:55

That being pregnant is the easy part, it's what comes afterwards that is the real test!
But yy to increase in hairiness, and awful wind!

Gonnabmummy Mon 17-Jun-13 21:55:26

Sweating and spots! Third trimester has me covered in spots sad however my hair finally looks alive :/

FoofFighter Mon 17-Jun-13 21:56:08

Strawberry that reminded me of one i had forgotten - after my first baby I was left with one normal inner lip and one flappy long one angry

PseudoBadger Mon 17-Jun-13 21:58:35

Dribbling!

bumpertobumper Mon 17-Jun-13 21:59:13

thrush! had it for the whole of my second pregnancy, couldn't get rid of it. Went away the day I gave birth.
And the flip side - my itchy flaky scalp cleared up for the whole pregnancy, and returned the day after birth.
Bodies/hormones are strange

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now