Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

fed up of needing a wee

(34 Posts)
AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 12:07:48

every 20 minutes. even if I don't drink anything.

angry

pregnancy has made me grumpy and I'm only 13+3 so have many more months of this.

moan over grin

toni1bump Tue 18-Jun-13 15:08:56

Ohhh god samee!!

I have a private scan later on too so from about 5pm i need to hold my bladder for about 3 hours. God knows how thats goin to happen!!!!!

looby222 Tue 18-Jun-13 13:28:35

26+3 and the same. But alot worse at night up 2 maybe 3 times in the night for a wee and i dont mean a trickle.. Its a waterfall! I think to myself my boy must be having a fight with my bladdrr in there squeezing the life out of it.. All norm im afraid its gets worse i know, dreading the day when i sneeze and trickle -.- pregnancy for you smile

AbiElizabeth Mon 17-Jun-13 08:53:18

nobody understands how annoying it is unless they've been through it.

going to the park today for a picnic for a friend's birthday...hope there is toilets nearby!

Kelly1814 Mon 17-Jun-13 08:33:37

so with you on this one and i am laughing at AbiElizabeth - it is such a sense of achievement if i get through an hour without needing to pee!

i had a bladder the size of a peanut before pregnant and seem to be even worse now....

AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 20:16:29

I feel a strange sense of achievement. I watched a whole episode of pointless and only needed the loo at the end. it was a blissful 45 minutes grin

jacquiemccloy Sun 16-Jun-13 20:03:42

I boasted about not always needing to pee through the first trimester but now I'm 16+3 and I have to go ALL the time. I can no longer sleep through the night anymore I have to go that often. Serves me right for thinking I avoided it I guess grin

VikingLady Sun 16-Jun-13 19:59:53

C-section had a real bonus for me - a catheter! For 24 hours I didn't have to get up to wee!

pinkmoonlight Sun 16-Jun-13 19:53:21

I was just about to start a thread to moan about this. It is so frustrating angry Although I'm sorry that you are all suffering too, I'm reasssured that it's not just me!

Lj8893 Sun 16-Jun-13 19:51:24

Ohh tell me about it!!

And at work I have 2 flights of steep stairs to get up to go to the toilet!

AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 18:56:54

I know! I got invited to take my dad's dog for a walk today but declined because there are no loos there haha grin

MissHinky Sun 16-Jun-13 18:48:29

I'm suffering to and it drives me mad!!

I didn't suffer at all in the 1st tri - it started late in the 2nd tri and seems to be getting worse. I hate the feeling of going to the loo and then 5 minutes feeling like I need to go again.

I worry about going anywhere which doesn't have a loo in close proximity, lol grin

AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 18:06:28

I'm hoping I get a beautiful glow in the second trimester and breeze through the rest till December...wishful thinking though sad

Applepiesky Sun 16-Jun-13 18:01:40

Aww no way you poor thing. I count myself very lucky indeed haha!

AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 17:56:03

I have had horrendous morning sickness and seem to have had every bad symptom you get haha. thankfully the vomiting has eased off this week but still feel rubbish all the time. lucky you with your easy pregnancy envy haha

Applepiesky Sun 16-Jun-13 17:38:20

Hey abi... I'm feeling surprisingly okay actually! Have had no sickness or nausea and just generally been quite good! How about you? I've only just started having to pee a lot tho. It's not that I need to go all the time, but seem to need to go after every drink and then when I do go it's not a huge amount!
How are you feeling aside from peeing a lot?!

Steffanoid Sun 16-Jun-13 16:43:48

im 40+5 and considering moving into the bathroom, I have a strategic head on my bladder, the worst is when you get to the doctors, go to do a sample and your bladder goes nah I dont need too now angry even if you didn't go for ages and ages - or worse miss the pot!!

AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 16:35:26

I am indeed due 19/12 applepiesky <waves> how are you feeling?

I can't wait for it to ease off. I know I'm gonna be even more annoyed when it comes back in the third trimester grin

Applepiesky Sun 16-Jun-13 15:27:26

Hey OP I'm 13+3 too! With a due date of 19/12 .... You the same?

FoofFighter Sun 16-Jun-13 15:08:53

it should ease off for a while in second trimester, then return with a vengeance in the third angry

Limiting drinks doesn't help, just gives you a UTI! In fact drinking more should help strangely, as you'll get rid of more in one go.

And of course later on there;s the swelling that occurs that in the night when you are lying down apparently goes up into your kidneys to be peed out too (over simplified that but essentially thats what happens!)

Clarabell78 Sun 16-Jun-13 15:04:12

I can't wait to do a HUGE pee after the baby comes. I'm 36+3 and permanently need to pee bit when I do go its just a dribble and gives me no relief! :-(

Buswanker Sun 16-Jun-13 14:40:43

Anything when you finally give birth and you are able to wait a long time for a wee and when you do go its a huge one it will make you nearly as happy as your new baby does smile

AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 14:38:59

oh it is so frustrating anything OH always finds it funny when I come out of the bathroom muttering about the unfairness of life grin

Buswanker Sun 16-Jun-13 14:38:11

I have older children in nappies. I am considering using them too.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 16-Jun-13 14:37:13

I'm with you. Doesn't it make it worse when you get there, and there's hardly any wee?! I can be desperate, but only produce a teaspoon!

Grrrrrrrrr.

AbiElizabeth Sun 16-Jun-13 14:37:12

these catheters sound interesting...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now