Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Most unhelpful unsolicited advice/comments while pregnant competition

(158 Posts)
fanjobiscuits Fri 14-Jun-13 17:50:43

Went shopping today and am due in about a month. Only visited two places. Person behind first till decided to tell me how she could still remember the terrible pain of labour from 18 years ago. Person behind second till told me once I had the baby I would never go back to work. Riiiight.

Went out briefly at the weekend and some random posh-looking woman in the street shouted 'oh my God you're enormous'. Fortunately I don't have body issues but I can imagine some people would have gone home and sobbed.

Who else wants to play? What shall we have as a prize for the winner?

cakebaby Thu 20-Jun-13 18:38:32

When i first announced my August due dc, i had cRecently I've

cakebaby Thu 20-Jun-13 18:44:38

Whoops, stupid phone grrr

When I first announced my August due dc, many comments about bad planning/schooling issues etc, ffs I'm not 25, I didn't expect to be upduffed after 2 myths ttc! Who cares anyway? Then it was 'oh was it planned?' like its any of your business? This week it's been 'oh you must be SO hot, just wait til August' whilst grinning/laughing smugly. I'm going to punch the next one angry

FruminousBandersnatch Thu 20-Jun-13 18:50:21

I know it's really mean but does anyone else pretend they're not pregnant, just fat, when a stranger asks when you're baby's due?

Yes! I have. I've told people "I'm not pregnant, I just like cake." The key is to keep your face straight while you do. grin

FruminousBandersnatch Thu 20-Jun-13 18:57:17

smile

2Labradors Thu 20-Jun-13 19:29:10

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and was asked 'are you sure it's not twins?' today. This person had her 3rd child too not long ago and we've even had a previous conversation about how quickly you show 3rd time round, madness!

Expecting more of those comments along the way.

LittleIllusionMachine Thu 20-Jun-13 22:04:02

I was telling (now) ex-colleague about my HG and how it effected my daily life as it was so extreme.

She said: "I bet you wish you didn't open your legs now!" shockangry

No smile or laugh. The bitch also made it impossible for me to return after maternity leave and I had to switch depts and jobs in order to stay with the company. I truly hate that cunt.angry

amazingmumof6 Thu 20-Jun-13 22:37:51

fruminous

I don't have to pretendblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now