Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant and hardly any symptoms!!

(15 Posts)
Librarina Fri 14-Jun-13 06:18:36

My only symptom was to turn vegetarian for the first 12 weeks or so. Couldn't stand the taste or smell of meat, or my husband.

Apart from that there was no morning sickness, no sore boobs, flat tummy till 15 or 16 weeks, no more tired than usual, nothing! To the point that I was convinced that when I went for the scan they would tell me that there was no baby, just a massive pie.

Fast forward to today and I'm 41 weeks and just chock full of symptoms and this is the wriggliest pie ever!

eggsnbeans Thu 13-Jun-13 22:54:24

Yup another one here who had very few symptoms other than going off chocolate and being needing to eat something mid afternoon to keep me going! I also had the mild cramping and spotting up to about 10 weeks or so, constantly thought I was going to look one day and find a lot of blood and miscarry! Is all normal. As is your cervix bleeding a little bit after a smear as there is extra blood going to that area and your blood vessels become a bit more fragile (lots of women get nose bleeds too). You'll feel a million times better after your 12 week scan grin

NomDeClavier Thu 13-Jun-13 22:44:09

Pretty much nothing and at 12+5 still nothing but definitely a Christmas present in there.

ladymalfoy Thu 13-Jun-13 22:43:55

Over the last few weeks I've spoken to three women who had no symptoms. Including my beauty therapist today. She was merrily waxing my snatch when I asked her. Such a relief knowing we're not the only ones.

Anothermrssmith Thu 13-Jun-13 22:39:52

I just found out I'm pregnant with my first at the start of the week and had pretty much no symptoms. Had what I now assume was implant bleeding and thought it was a period, earlier than expected I admit but when I'm stressed my cycle can get out of sync, and some spotting on and off for a few weeks. On Monday I took a test,to satisfy myself I wasn't pregnant rather than anything else, and it was positive! Blood tests putting me between 12-16 weeks and going for a scan on Wednesday to get everything dated, booked in etc. as I say, no symptoms until today when I spent most of the day heaving, sure my head is screwing with me now that I know I am pregnant.

kd83 Thu 13-Jun-13 10:54:34

me too! i'm now 23 weeks and have had hardly any symptoms, no sickness etc, i had sore boobs but got that at the end of my cycle normally, and a bit more tired now but that is about it.

in the early stages other than not having a period I wouldnt have know so having the 12 week scan and seeing the baby was actually there was very reassuring.

now having a bump and feeling baby move are the only real signs I'm actually pregnant.

blondebaby111 Thu 13-Jun-13 10:30:02

Hi, congrats to u, I'm 10 weeks on mon and apart from very bad tiredness and bloating I haven't had a huge amount of symptoms. People don't believe me when I say I've not had any morning sickness (yet) it still could come and I do stress abit that I'm not being sick but I have been sensible and I know I have to eat more which does help as I do feel queasy. I just guess atm we are extremely lucky although the tiredness is hard. Good luck to u xx

Franykins Thu 13-Jun-13 09:40:29

All I really had was cramping and sore boobs (did have to wear a bra to bed for this) and I was only sick 5 times. Found out after my 12 week scan we are expecting twins as well so now I am VERY shocked at my lack of symptoms. Had a consultant app (as all multiple pgs do) on Monday and heard their VERY strong heartbeats for the first time - amazing!

Oh I am now 15+5 grin can't wait to meet our little ones!

Congrats everyone smile

I have had no symtoms this entire pregnancy, and I am now 22wks. I posted a similar message just before my 12 wk scan as I was stressing due to no symptoms but I guess we are just the lucky ones!
I always joke that if I wasn't trying for a baby, I wouldn't have known I was pregnant until the past week or so when I started to develop a little bit of a bump!
Congrats on your pregnancy! X

afemrite Wed 12-Jun-13 23:02:13

Thank you soo much for your comments! Good to know that I am not alone in this!

Did any of you have any light cramping or spotting?? I had brown spotting 3 weeks ago and thought I was starting my period and then an hour later, it went away. The next week, I then had light pink spotting and then it went away in an hour. Nothing significant. This led me to thinking I was pregnant because of this was not normal for my body. The light cramping worries me a bit though. The nurse practitioner went ahead and did a pap smear on me today and told me she was concerned because she poked at my cervix and it bled a little bit. She said that it could be normal though.

Is this common?

PistachioTruffle Wed 12-Jun-13 22:56:24

Barely any symptoms here either, slightly sore boobs and some mild tiredness for a couple of weeks, and not much more. I'm 14 weeks. If we hadn't been TTC and charting my periods, I don't think I would have taken a pregnancy test!
I'm betting there's something delightful waiting for me later on though.....indigestion or horrendous haemorrhoids perhaps?! grin

DialMforMummy Wed 12-Jun-13 22:51:09

Me too, no sickness or tiredness or anything. I felt fine. Not everybody is the same.
And congratulations!

ShadowStorm Wed 12-Jun-13 22:48:36

Me too.

With DS, apart from the missing periods, I just felt a bit more tired and a bit more emotional than normal. No other symptoms until he grew big enough for me to feel him kicking.

This time round with DC2, it's a similar story. Only extra symptom from the first time has been a more sensitive sense of smell.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

afemrite Wed 12-Jun-13 22:39:28

I am 11 weeks pregnant and just found out a week ago. Went to the doctor this morning and it is confirmed that I am indeed pregnant!

However, I haven't had hardly any symptoms. You'd think after being 11 weeks; I would. I've had light cramping, occasional spotting, breast "a little tender", bloating/gassy, and frequent urination.

When I read about the normal symptoms...I only have 4 out of 15?? This worries me. Is there anyone out there that has had little to no symptoms during their first trimester?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now