Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

weirdest craving yet...

(35 Posts)
AbiElizabeth Tue 11-Jun-13 19:38:58

I am currently eating custard doughnuts and tuna mayo. spoonful of tuna and a bite of doughnut in the same mouthful.

part of me thinks this is the best combination of flavors on the planet. the other part thinks I'm a nutcase.

please tell me you had just as weird cravings? grin

TrudyW Tue 11-Jun-13 20:29:15

I can't get enough of tuna mayo this pregnancy either, haven't mixed it with doughnuts tho. Can't say I've had any weird cravings, ate bags and bags of liquorice in the first trimester but now I'm just on my usual curry overload and strong/spicy flavours!

AbiElizabeth Tue 11-Jun-13 20:46:39

I cant stand spicy food.

I'm living off tuna mayo and salad cream sandwiches, but today I really craved a doughnut too. it was amazing though the OH keeps giving me funny looks though grin

TrudyW Tue 11-Jun-13 20:54:30

Haha ah well, we're perfectly within our rights to act differently during pregnancy, my new nickname from my hubby is 'crazy pregnant lady'!

RinseAndRepeat Tue 11-Jun-13 20:58:33

Mini babybels. I can't get enough of them.

AbiElizabeth Tue 11-Jun-13 21:12:04

I get called preggers and hormones haha. grin

RJM17 Tue 11-Jun-13 21:38:42

My cravings have been chicken, milk and bacon sandwiches so nothing too crazy but not things I normally eat a lot of either. X

Fakebook Tue 11-Jun-13 21:53:04

Eurgh! That is really weird! It's almost Doctor Who-ish. Are you sure you haven't regenerated into Doctor Who?! grin.

AbiElizabeth Tue 11-Jun-13 22:04:50

I could have done I suppose...
matt smith us leaving so they need someone to replace him...

for the record fish fingers and custard is awesome. grin

khotney Wed 12-Jun-13 07:44:30

Hey guys I'm craving potatoes a lot eighther fried or boiled and mixed with rice but then iv been browsibg the net and they say potatoes are not good at all for pregnant women how far true is this that's the only meal that brings my appetite what are the dangers of potatoes?

AbiElizabeth Wed 12-Jun-13 08:44:20

I have no idea. I thought they were fine to eat as long as you wash them first. confused

flopsybunny45 Wed 12-Jun-13 08:48:22

I just cannot stop drinking capri-sun juice. The company may as well sponsor this baby the amount we're spending on the cartons. Hubby has even suggested we call the Bean 'capri'!!

Ran out for the first time this week and felt really faint and crap all day. Eeek, I'm addicted!

theboob Wed 12-Jun-13 08:53:11

I crave smells like coal tar soap , damp and wet mud .I really want to eat the mud but so far have stopped myself , rubber tyre smell too mmmmmmmm .Food wise its pickles and beetroot and lots of cake .

AbiElizabeth Wed 12-Jun-13 09:01:24

ooh flopsy I love Caprisun drinks. makes me feel like a child again grin

FoofFighter Wed 12-Jun-13 10:20:02

There's sod all wrong with eating potatoes in pregnancy!!

AbiElizabeth - well there was a rumour the new Dr would be a woman... <eyes you suspiciously>

AbiElizabeth Wed 12-Jun-13 10:29:33

I am saying nothing. grin

<goes shopping for a quirky outfit> ALLONSY!

flopsybunny45 Wed 12-Jun-13 16:46:02

AbiElizabeth - yay! Another caprisun lover :-) I can't say I've drunk them since I was a kid, and hubby was certainly suprised when I began bringing them home with the weekly shop, but nothing seems to quench my thirst. They even beat water which I find slightly odd. :-)

AbiElizabeth Wed 12-Jun-13 16:50:49

water makes me feel sick recently confused

Nellysgirl Wed 12-Jun-13 17:38:52

My idea of heaven these days is a mug of gravy, dairylea triangle and pickled onion monster munch... All at once! smile

AbiElizabeth Wed 12-Jun-13 18:17:02

ahh finally nelly someone who has a slightly strange craving. I'm eating cheese on toast drinking a mug of gravy. it is amazing grin

Nellysgirl Wed 12-Jun-13 18:45:28

Me too sister! The key is half a chicken stock cube in there. Bliss!!!!

AbiElizabeth Wed 12-Jun-13 19:10:46

I shall add stock cubes to the shopping list smile

ive been drinking loads of chicken bovril recently too. ran out yesterday and nearly cried sad

Nellysgirl Wed 12-Jun-13 22:11:11

I forgot to mention beef and tomato pot noodles and also hot and sour soup from Chinese take away. Licking my lips as I type! Haha grin

embaker112 Wed 12-Jun-13 22:45:12

I'm eating boiled eggs with sardine and tomato paste on toast! Heaven!

DisappointedHorse Wed 12-Jun-13 22:48:06

I ate shower gel when I was pregnant. It was amazing!

Not any old shower gel though, it had to be a blue, citrus gel in a pot from Lush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now