Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

It's a..... BOY!

(56 Posts)
Smilehappy Sat 25-May-13 22:01:03

Wow. Very very excited!!!

Had a private scan at 17weeks today to happily find out I'm expecting a boy! Words escape me! I'm very much excited!

I thought I'd pop on here and just let the world know hahagrin

Anyone else finding out their babies gender prior to birth???

Smilehappy Sun 26-May-13 22:34:44

Any names fairy? Have you had a good pregnancy so far?

hartmel Sun 26-May-13 23:32:47

We are not telling anyone the name, just because they will start giving their own opinion. Once our little sunshine is born they will find out. We have to call him the name everyday not them.. They have to get used to it if they don't like..

We just choose a name that sounds good in English and in German (both of our family's are original from Germany, then we moved to Canada)

Smilehappy- as the ligament pain only started at 20 weeks, my doctor put me on sick leave for 4 weeks. Well end of June I was anyways planning on leaving on maternity leave due to us moving 30 min away from my work. So my doctor just put me on sick leave till then..

Longfufu Mon 27-May-13 07:01:22

Oh no, I really home Kate and Will's don't use Arthur. Our surname is very royalist and our other son is a William lol.....grin

shoppingspout Mon 27-May-13 07:30:16

I my self getting ready for purchasing cloth for my baby boy.

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 07:49:09

gringrin Long

Longfufu Mon 27-May-13 08:40:55

Maybe we should go with Klay instead grin grin

I've had the easiest pregnancy so far so hope it continues! No sickness and v little other symptoms apart from being tired. Still got a teeny bump too but this is my first.

We've started thinking of names but whatever we choose we aren't telling friends or family etc! They only rain on your parade if you do I think lol. I like Reuben, jack or Jackson, Ethan, Luca and Louis so far. We've chosen the middle name as garrett because that was my partners grandfathers name and I love it anyway.

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 10:40:05

Sounds great I'm glad you've had a good preg, my first I barley knew I was preg, I have a noticeable bump with this little fella, but apparently that's normal for multiple pregnancies... Can't wait for the summer (if we get one) to kick in, maxi dresses on bumps are just gorgeous! smile

Klay you say? grin Didn't Wayne and Coleen Rooney name their newborn Klay?grin

Aww fairy I love the name Louis!! As in, Loo-ee? Lovely name.

Kirjava I don't mind either pronunciation! There's just so many lovely names its so hard to choose!

Longfufu Mon 27-May-13 13:12:30

I was joking about Klay....

Nicolaeus Mon 27-May-13 13:27:33

smile at you saying you've run out of people to tell.

I remember that feeling well <wistful and broody>

Congratulations to everyone whos expecting.

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 14:41:14

Long I thought that! grin

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 14:41:30

Thank you nic!! thanks

PinkApple86 Mon 27-May-13 18:20:07

Boy here toogrin congratsthanks take a look in h&m they have really cool boys stuff.

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 18:33:18

Thank you Pink!! Congrats to yourself also thanksthanksthanks

Any names? Oooh will have to pop in and have a look there, didn't even cross my mind! smile

Longfufu Mon 27-May-13 19:02:46

Are any of the boys currently having a party? Mines going crazy in here, must be the massive roast I've just eaten smile

Loving hearing everyone's names, all so sweet!

Smilehappy Mon 27-May-13 19:16:45

Long I envy you! DS1 was very active, this little guy gives me one or two flutters a day... sad

Still 17weeks is early days? How far were you to feel him from outside? OH is desperate to feel grin I can't remember for the life of me...

Longfufu Mon 27-May-13 20:38:03

Oh Smile don't worry, I didn't feel this one until I was 22 weeks (I'm 29 weeks now) I was a bit worried because I felt DS1 really early at 14 weeks.

DH only started feeling the movement about 2 weeks ago- hard for them isn't it?

Feelslikea1sttimer Mon 27-May-13 20:46:15

Congratulations... I am so jealous, I am 15+1 and DESPERATE to find out, but my oh is also resisting a private scan (more on the basis that he knows the shopping will start when I know what flavour we are having!) we have 4 boys between us and this is our 1st together, I will be happy with either... I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!

Smilehappy Tue 28-May-13 07:44:40

Long- yeah it's very hard for them, I feel small flutters and it saddens him not to be able to feel.. But not long until he will!! smilesmile

Feelslike- CONGRATULATIONS to you too!! thanksthanks It is expensive but it is well worth it, nhs don't give you the bonding that you receive in private, is there anyway you could compromise? My OH was the same but I booked anyway and now he could not be happier. I was very impatient too... grin X

Feelslikea1sttimer Tue 28-May-13 08:48:36

I'm working on the basis that our teenage boys, who are very excited about the new baby could have the opportunity to come and meet their brother or sister as they are not allowed into the NHS one... He is coming round to the idea, I'll get there Im sure, He normally gives in smile xxxx

i'd def recommend private scaning! huge screen right in front of you instead of trying to look over your shoulder at the wee teeny NHS screen plus a sonographer who will go over everything and not just the basics.

its a totally different experience and worth every single penny. to find out the gender it took our sonographer 25 mins as he was all squished up and theres no way the NHS would have time for that.

Feelslikea1sttimer Tue 28-May-13 13:13:48

I'm going to show him your post fairy...

He wants to know, and has said if the NHS scan can't tell us, then we should have the private scan, he just thinks we should wait the extra weeks... but the 28th June feels such a long time away!

I'll let you know what he says smile xxx

Smilehappy Tue 28-May-13 17:37:09

Feelslike, how did you get on bringing DH round?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now