Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nice things OH has done for you?

(37 Posts)
Jenjen85 Sat 25-May-13 21:37:40

My DH has just taken my nail polish off my toes, cut my nails then re-painted them an done a pretty decent job too!! smile I'm currently 34weeks and lost the ability to do it myself a couple of weeks ago but while the weathers nice I thought I best get them done if I'm going to wear my sandals.

Just wanted to share an find out what everyone's DH/OHs have done for you that's been nice since getting pregnant??

FobblyWoof Mon 27-May-13 16:12:00

DP shaved my legs in the bath at 36 weeks when I was pregnant with DD. and just generally lovely. This time not as much but I'm only 9 weeks tomorrow and it doesn't feel real for either of us

fibrecruncher Mon 27-May-13 15:04:26

This is a nice thread smile It is nice to think of all the kinds extras they're doing.
My OH very kindly helps me off the couch by putting his hand under my bum, pushing and staying "ignition."
He always lets me lounge across the couch and massages my legs and cracks my toes for me.
Whenever I look in the mirror and complain about looking fat he smiles and says I am babyful and apprecitates all the nurturing I am providing for our son.
Cooks frequently.
Carrys my handbags, and all the shopping.
Doesn't complain very often about my frequent farting and burping.
Fetches things for me so I don't need to get up.
Helps me put on my sock and shoes.
Sings to the bump on a regular basis.
Always takes out the rubbish and recycling.

The trick is to see how long I can keep him doing these things after the baby is born smile

Ilovestackingcups Mon 27-May-13 14:47:50

He lets me lie in every day, even when he has to go to work.
He gets up and does all the night time stuff for DC1.
He does all the dishes.
He mows the lawn (used to be my hobby job).
He takes DC1 to his parents' house once a week for a whole afternoon so I a) get some time off, and b) don't have to see them too.
When I felt like crud the first few weeks, he did everything. I stayed in bed for a week trying not to hurl.
He is upstairs now painting the back bedroom so DCs 1 and 2 have a bedroom they can both fit into.
He does the gardening whilst I 'direct' from a seat.
He's always telling me to sit/lie down if I look tired, and he doesn't get put off by my snapping back at him.
He loves to hold and talk to my bump.
When I have a sore bump he does anything I'd have to stretch for.
He tells me I'm beautiful when I'm too fat, spotty and hideous for that to be true.
He acted as gatekeeper for me when DC1 was born and his parents were trying to be all over me like a bad rash and I was dealing with PND/feeding issues.
smile
I love my DH.
His DC loves him too as he's such a hands on daddy.

Gonnabmummy Mon 27-May-13 13:11:18

My DP has been an absolute star he has done anything and everything for me :D from breakfasts to baths, back/foot rubs to just sitting there holding me because its what I feel like smile early weeks I had really bad sickness being sick around 15 times a day if he was there he would come and pat my back hold my hair let me sleep all day if I needed to smile he's the best

Bunnychan Mon 27-May-13 12:10:27

Lol he helped trim my fanjo hair because I can't see anymore. How glamorous!

BabyStone Mon 27-May-13 11:39:03

in my 1st trimester, DP looked up what foods/vitamins were good to eat/take, then went out and bought them for me. he had a pregnancy app on his phone and would regularly tell me stuff which would help me and the baby
He also surprised with tickets to go and see a show for Christmas
and he bought me some expensive earrings, just because...apparently hmm in my 2nd and 3rd trimester, he would still be nice but not as much lol

Hubb Mon 27-May-13 11:32:39

Great thread!

Speaking of farting, my DH has stopped making a fuss when I fart or burp, I'm just like "it's uncomfortable to keep it in so Im just going to do it".

Also I found it really sweet when the few times I've been sick, he's heard me retching and ran to come and comfort me and hold my hair back.

All gross unglamorous stuff but he's normally quite squeamish so I appreciate it a lot. Romance isn't dead smile

LittlePeaPod Mon 27-May-13 10:50:45

Ohh love this thread.. I am only 8 weeks with our first but suffering from complete food aversion and fatigue. Not eating is making things worse. My DF is doing everything from cleaning to washing laundry. Bless him he had to ask me how to work the washer and dryer last week.. He had never done it before. His in and out getting me food which I never want when he gets back and told MIL to mind her business when she started making it look like I was been over dramatic on the phone to him this morning. grin

Chunderella Mon 27-May-13 09:54:09

That's genuinely touching, fatandlumpy. Greater love hath no man for his pregnant wife than to go outside to fart!

Badgerwife Mon 27-May-13 09:07:40

My DH gives me the occasional massage for about 3 minutes when I ask and that's about it outside of the normal niceties like cups of tea. Best thing he ever did and I still can't believe he was so casual about it was shaving my bits for me at around 38 weeks as I couldn't do it myself and looked like an ape. It was a weird moment but also very funny. I might mention it soon as we're coming up to that time again in a couple of week <oh god>

Cheffie100 Mon 27-May-13 08:50:50

Mine has really surprised me actually. Does so many little things to help and really amazing when I have moments of being an emotional hormonal mess!

HotSoupDumpling Sun 26-May-13 21:40:35

envy

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread.

Some good back rubs, but not much else apart from that... He is lovely though and lets me lounge around.

Quodlibet Sun 26-May-13 20:08:27

Ahh this is a nice thread!

Mine has been wonderful and has done 90% of the shopping/cooking/housework during these early weeks as I feel so shattered and get nauseous if I push myself. He also went and bought a big selection of luxury nibbles and things I could eat, decaf coffee etc and arranged them in a hamper for me one day when he had to go away for the weekend. I am very lucky.

fatandlumpy Sun 26-May-13 18:54:10

... mine now leaves the room to fart. Well... ever since I threatened to throw up on him.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 26-May-13 18:46:20

envy my dp was lovely first time... Third time not so much.

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 26-May-13 18:38:30

My boyfriend pulls me to my feet when my PGP is really bad. Also, he tried to help me dress but wasn't too good at that! I ended up in agony with my leg off the floor for far too long as he messed around with my trouser leg: 'no, you're meant to roll it up first so I can put my leg in'. I have gone back to sitting down and doing it despite the fact I can no longer bend I. The middle.

chocolatesolveseverything Sun 26-May-13 17:40:55

My DH has started to do the weekly shop for me after I tripped up in the street the last time I carried heavy bags home. Sometimes he makes a mistake and forgets something or picks up the wrong item but I can sort that. It's such a relief not to be doing the whole shop!

He also has begun rubbing bio oil into my bump every morning which is really sweet. I probably wouldn't get round to doing it myself every day otherwise.

sjuperyoni Sun 26-May-13 12:45:47

Oh and he's forked out of our savings to move from our 2 bed semi to a 4 bed 10 mins away, so we have rooms all ready for all dc before dd2 arrives smile i think that's my favourite thing! Poor dd1 shares with ds who is a nightmare sleeper so knowing they'll all have their own rooms is lovely smile

sjuperyoni Sun 26-May-13 12:43:10

Dp and i were shocked with this pregnancy and it took a lobg time to sink in for both of us (ds was just turned one when it happened) but right from the start dp has done almost all housework, seen to the kids, put up with sandwiches/takeaways for tea, encouraged me to sleep whenever i fancied, bought whatever i fancy from the shop when he's going and made me laugh when i'm all hormonal and crying at advers and soaps grin he's been a star whilst i barfed and slept right up until the past week or two - i'm 29 weeks!

Even now i have my energy back he still tells me to have a seat when i look light headed and to go have a nap - i end up snapping that i'm not bloody tired and to leave me alone blush

He doesn't rub my back or my feet or pet my belly but i know he's over the moon about baby smile

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sun 26-May-13 12:11:32

Nice thread OP.

Mine has been amazing. This pregnancy has left me feeling rubbish.

He has looked after DS (5) for the majority of time when he isn't at school/in childcare. He has done most of the cleaning.

We are having a loft conversion and some decorating of our 2 main bedrooms (hopefully finishing a week before the baby confused). So he has spent lots of time lugging our stuff from room to room including before work so the builders can get access to the rooms they need.

He has also rubbed cream into my horrible cracked heels.

He has been such a star - I feel so fortunate.

Hurrah for lovely DHs.

Blankiefan Sun 26-May-13 11:58:25

Glad to hear about all of the lovely DHs out there. Mine's also being super nice - I've barely washed a dish for 4 months and he's constantly fetching me things. One of the loveliest things tho was how happy his little face was when he looked at me in the first few days after the worst of my Morning Sickness passed. I'd felt rubbish for so long that he was just so happy I felt better again. Sounds incredibly mushy, but I could see how much he loved me written all over his face...

HeffalumpTheFlump Sun 26-May-13 10:35:08

DH has been lovely :') he's so much more appreciative of all the things I do for him, doesn't let me lift anything heavier than a pillow and has been telling me my extra curves and bump are making me sexier and more beautiful than ever. He's really taken an interest in all the baby stuff and has been so understanding when i've cried my eyes out for no reason (hormones!!). Don't mean to brag, he's just been incredible :')

TTC1Madness Sun 26-May-13 10:33:34

My DH has been amazing, he helps make dinner and has run out countless times to get me icecream/other treats. This weekend he treated me to a shopping spree because my clothes are starting to get tight.. wonder how long it will last smile

LostMySocks Sun 26-May-13 10:21:06

My bumps just starting to show and I was feeling miserable that nothin fitted. My DH proactively suggeted we went shopping for maternity clothes and managed not to wander off when trying them on (given he hates clothes shops this is a big deal). I've also been banned from carrying the Hoover up and down stairs and carrying heavy things.

AbiElizabeth Sun 26-May-13 10:11:50

My OH came home from work on his lunch break just to make me lunch as I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up long enough to make a sandwich. He also tells me i'm beautiful when i'm moaning about being fat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now