Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nice things OH has done for you?

(37 Posts)
Jenjen85 Sat 25-May-13 21:37:40

My DH has just taken my nail polish off my toes, cut my nails then re-painted them an done a pretty decent job too!! smile I'm currently 34weeks and lost the ability to do it myself a couple of weeks ago but while the weathers nice I thought I best get them done if I'm going to wear my sandals.

Just wanted to share an find out what everyone's DH/OHs have done for you that's been nice since getting pregnant??

HotSoupDumpling Sun 26-May-13 21:40:35

envy

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread.

Some good back rubs, but not much else apart from that... He is lovely though and lets me lounge around.

Cheffie100 Mon 27-May-13 08:50:50

Mine has really surprised me actually. Does so many little things to help and really amazing when I have moments of being an emotional hormonal mess!

Badgerwife Mon 27-May-13 09:07:40

My DH gives me the occasional massage for about 3 minutes when I ask and that's about it outside of the normal niceties like cups of tea. Best thing he ever did and I still can't believe he was so casual about it was shaving my bits for me at around 38 weeks as I couldn't do it myself and looked like an ape. It was a weird moment but also very funny. I might mention it soon as we're coming up to that time again in a couple of week <oh god>

Chunderella Mon 27-May-13 09:54:09

That's genuinely touching, fatandlumpy. Greater love hath no man for his pregnant wife than to go outside to fart!

LittlePeaPod Mon 27-May-13 10:50:45

Ohh love this thread.. I am only 8 weeks with our first but suffering from complete food aversion and fatigue. Not eating is making things worse. My DF is doing everything from cleaning to washing laundry. Bless him he had to ask me how to work the washer and dryer last week.. He had never done it before. His in and out getting me food which I never want when he gets back and told MIL to mind her business when she started making it look like I was been over dramatic on the phone to him this morning. grin

Hubb Mon 27-May-13 11:32:39

Great thread!

Speaking of farting, my DH has stopped making a fuss when I fart or burp, I'm just like "it's uncomfortable to keep it in so Im just going to do it".

Also I found it really sweet when the few times I've been sick, he's heard me retching and ran to come and comfort me and hold my hair back.

All gross unglamorous stuff but he's normally quite squeamish so I appreciate it a lot. Romance isn't dead smile

BabyStone Mon 27-May-13 11:39:03

in my 1st trimester, DP looked up what foods/vitamins were good to eat/take, then went out and bought them for me. he had a pregnancy app on his phone and would regularly tell me stuff which would help me and the baby
He also surprised with tickets to go and see a show for Christmas
and he bought me some expensive earrings, just because...apparently hmm in my 2nd and 3rd trimester, he would still be nice but not as much lol

Bunnychan Mon 27-May-13 12:10:27

Lol he helped trim my fanjo hair because I can't see anymore. How glamorous!

Gonnabmummy Mon 27-May-13 13:11:18

My DP has been an absolute star he has done anything and everything for me :D from breakfasts to baths, back/foot rubs to just sitting there holding me because its what I feel like smile early weeks I had really bad sickness being sick around 15 times a day if he was there he would come and pat my back hold my hair let me sleep all day if I needed to smile he's the best

Ilovestackingcups Mon 27-May-13 14:47:50

He lets me lie in every day, even when he has to go to work.
He gets up and does all the night time stuff for DC1.
He does all the dishes.
He mows the lawn (used to be my hobby job).
He takes DC1 to his parents' house once a week for a whole afternoon so I a) get some time off, and b) don't have to see them too.
When I felt like crud the first few weeks, he did everything. I stayed in bed for a week trying not to hurl.
He is upstairs now painting the back bedroom so DCs 1 and 2 have a bedroom they can both fit into.
He does the gardening whilst I 'direct' from a seat.
He's always telling me to sit/lie down if I look tired, and he doesn't get put off by my snapping back at him.
He loves to hold and talk to my bump.
When I have a sore bump he does anything I'd have to stretch for.
He tells me I'm beautiful when I'm too fat, spotty and hideous for that to be true.
He acted as gatekeeper for me when DC1 was born and his parents were trying to be all over me like a bad rash and I was dealing with PND/feeding issues.
smile
I love my DH.
His DC loves him too as he's such a hands on daddy.

fibrecruncher Mon 27-May-13 15:04:26

This is a nice thread smile It is nice to think of all the kinds extras they're doing.
My OH very kindly helps me off the couch by putting his hand under my bum, pushing and staying "ignition."
He always lets me lounge across the couch and massages my legs and cracks my toes for me.
Whenever I look in the mirror and complain about looking fat he smiles and says I am babyful and apprecitates all the nurturing I am providing for our son.
Cooks frequently.
Carrys my handbags, and all the shopping.
Doesn't complain very often about my frequent farting and burping.
Fetches things for me so I don't need to get up.
Helps me put on my sock and shoes.
Sings to the bump on a regular basis.
Always takes out the rubbish and recycling.

The trick is to see how long I can keep him doing these things after the baby is born smile

FobblyWoof Mon 27-May-13 16:12:00

DP shaved my legs in the bath at 36 weeks when I was pregnant with DD. and just generally lovely. This time not as much but I'm only 9 weeks tomorrow and it doesn't feel real for either of us

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now