Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Boots Avert Cold Sore Machine

(4 Posts)
AirMax1 Thu 23-May-13 13:46:01

Does anyone know if the Boots Avert Cold Sore Machine is safe to use in pregnancy? I'm almost 7 weeks and have got my second cold sore in the last month. I've had them before but I understand they're quite common in pregnancy – I've got a feeling I'm going to be plagued with the little blighters...

I normally treat them using the Boots Avert Cold Sore Machine which I really rate, and I've been merrily using it to treat this current cold sore, but it suddenly occurred to me that it might not be safe. Of course I threw away the leaflet that comes with it ages ago, and I can't find any info online. All I can find is info saying that Zovirax and similar is not safe to use – I normally use the Compeeds patches at night, and did so last night, but actually I'm thinking I probably shouldn't.

Anyway, yes, if anyone knows if the Avert is safe to use (or not) it would be great to know! smile

Thanks

AirMax1 Thu 23-May-13 16:56:21

Anyone?... Any advice would be great fully received! smile

mum2jakie Thu 23-May-13 16:59:02

Yes it is safe to use in pregnancy although I didn't find it very effective!

AirMax1 Thu 23-May-13 18:33:26

Thank you! It works for me so I'll keep using it. Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now