Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do you mean there's more than one!

(55 Posts)
Franykins Wed 22-May-13 14:36:26

Ok so just got back from my 12 weeks scan. It's TWINS!!!! Wow. Shocked much. But how exciting smile Crazy times ahead.

littleomar Sat 25-May-13 20:04:39

congratulations. I've got DCDA twins due end November. we've known for a while (early scan) but it still hasn't sunk in. your background risk must be age alone (mine was 1:150 old), adjusted is once they've factored in nuchal translucency and bloods.

I was planning to work until the end of September - 32 weeks. is that pushing it? my job isn't physically demanding but it's an hour's commute away. question for experienced posters - can they tell, once you get further along, how early you're likely to deliver?

Congratulations little

I worked to 28 weeks with 2 weeks leave tagged on so finished at 30 weeks officially. I couldn't have done one more day, I found everything so difficult, even getting up off the sofa!

harrygracejessica Sun 26-May-13 08:49:20

I was ambulanced from our hospital to another at 29 weeks as was contracting and they thought they were arriving soon and I still hung on until 36 weeks - they can't tell if you will have them early.

idobelieveinfairies Sun 26-May-13 08:59:41

Congratulations!!! Twins are fab ;)

I have 2 sets of them (none in family either).

I was told at both of the 12 week scans that mine were non-identical. Then when the 1st set were born they said they were identical boys as there was 1 placenta and the membranes were very thin in between the sacs. Also they said twin to twin syndrome was going on! I didn't believe they were identical so asked for the testing, these came back as non-identical. 2nd set were boy/girl so that was sorted. ;)

I had mine at 38 weeks and 2nd set at 40+1 weeks and have loved every minute.

Congrats again smile

Franykins Tue 28-May-13 11:48:07

Hi littleomar we're due around the same time then smile how exciting. How have you been feeling? I was planning to work to 38 weeks when we thought is was 1, but am now also thinking 32 weeks. I work about a 15 mins drive from home and its a desk job. I guess just have to see how it goes and how I feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now