Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Brain - Danger to myself!

(34 Posts)
NTMummy059 Tue 21-May-13 21:21:23

I am pretty clumsy in general.. however during my pregnancy I seem to have lost my brain and replaced it with erm.. thin air?! Honestly lost count of the stupid things I've done and not realised until afterwards smile
For example:
Today I was making a cup of tea and as I was pouring the boiling water into the mug I noticed the teabag was stuck to travel side it and not in the middle.This bugged me to I stuck my finger in to move it while still filling up the mug! Managed to pour boiling water onto my finger burning it pretty bad!
Have also fallen over more times I can count and tried to beep my credit card on the oyster machine on the bus and got very angry when it wouldn't beep! blush
Any other women having a bout of baby Brain out there?!

Futterby Wed 22-May-13 20:49:17

Me too me too me too but baby brain has struck and I've forgotten! D:

looby222 Wed 22-May-13 20:56:07

Haha your not the only one. After hangingu the phone to my partner and happily making a cuppa.. Not being able to find my phone for about 2 hours after hearing it ring i find it in the fridge?
Constantly forgetting the conversation or what im trying to say.
Walking into the room and forgetting why i went in there.. And thw worst muddling my words up so i sound like a maniac!
Haha LabradorMama ive done that smile
Forgetting ive turned the shower on.. Walking away and telling my partner off for it ;) baby brain to us all indeed

Futterby Wed 22-May-13 20:56:23

Oh, fed breadcrumbs to my goldfish instead of the birds the other day blush

HannahLaRouge Wed 22-May-13 21:02:45

- fell over earlier because I sneezed. Then sat on my arse on the floor laughing at myself for ten minutes.
- panicking that I'd lost my phone and frantically trying to find it. I was talking to my husband on it at the time.
- sat down on the sofa the other day, husband looked at me and asked why I had a fork in my hand. I had no idea.

I worry myself at times...

TinkyPeet Wed 22-May-13 21:03:21

Advice....never EVER try and plate up your tea at the same time as dishing out the dog's food.....results in a takeaway and a very fat happy dog haha

Futterby Wed 22-May-13 21:07:57

Lmaot Tinky grin

Futterby Wed 22-May-13 21:08:15

*lmao

bowlingforsoup Thu 23-May-13 15:38:19

I was ironing my top this morning before I set off into town. I put it on and realised I hadn't ironed the sleeves. Grabbed the iron and stuck the iron onto the sleeves whilst I was still wearing the top. I'm very very sore it's burnt quite badly and i feel really stupid.

I took the house phone out with me yesterday instead of my mobile and couldn't figure out why my mobile looked different.

I am useless at the moment.

LexiLexi Thu 23-May-13 15:50:53

Absent-mindedly dropped a tea towel on to a burning gas hob instead of the work surface and wandered out of the kitchen. Good job DP was home...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now