Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

PG after MC - the Posifrickingtivity gathers pace, the Laura Ashley skirt has been returned

(990 Posts)
Bakingtins Sun 19-May-13 08:56:59

New thread ladies, let's hope the good luck continues!
Shall we start with stats?

Sunday 19th May - today we are pregnant!

GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10th Aug
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31st October, next scan 14th June
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 12 Nov, next scan 29th April
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov Next scan 28 June
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov. Next scan 25th April
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 17 Nov next scan 7th May
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, EDD 23rd Nov, scan 11th May
Janielovescake: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 25 Nov, next scan 11th May
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November. next scan (12 weeks) 20th May
Vixjane: 2 MC, EDD 30 Nov, next scan (12 weeks) 21 May
Aoifebelle: 1MC, EDD 1st Dec, next scan 20th May (NHS 12 weeks)
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec, scan 3rd May
Zeux 1DD 1MC EDD 14th December, first scan 24th May
DIYandEatCake: 1dd, 1mc, EDD ?16 dec, waiting for scan date
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec (Xmas baby!) next scan 25th April
pumpkinsweetie: EDD 26 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 30 Dec, 6 wk scan OK. Next scan ?w/c 17 June
Bakingtins: 2 DSs, 3 MC, EDD 6th Jan, scan 23rd April
Mummytothearkbuilder: 1DS, 1 MC, EDD tbc (Jan 2014), scan 24th May

Pentagon Thu 20-Jun-13 10:25:33

santa what's wrong? Why are you saying that about your marriage? Has sth happened? Sorry you're feeling down and like ibip I hope it's the stress of tomorrow speaking...

So you two have scans tomorrow - who else? I know it was mentioned recently but please remind me

IBelieveInPink Thu 20-Jun-13 10:40:09

Oh Santa, you poor love. I wouldn't panic about pnd just yet. There is so many hormones and changes going on, and dispite scans after what you have been through you are bound to still worry. Obviously if it carries on, maybe consider it, but for now I wouldn't worry about that too.
It is a massive time of change, and pressure, so don't be too hard on yourself.
Maybe if you haven't picked up a bit by your 16week appointment, mention it then, but do give yourself time to deal with all of this. It is much harder than I ever imagined it would be, so don't expect too much of yourself. X

Please don't worry santa, i'm having one of those days too, we all have them. I have moaned & groaned non-stop all morning from the weather to the fact i just cant believe everything is well. Think my hormones are playing havoc with my positivity this morning, that and that it already started off as a bad day as my dd had to be coaxed into school kicking & screaming sad

I definetly don't think it's time you wrote it down as pnd though!

GardenWorm Thu 20-Jun-13 14:34:58

Hey Santa, if you cant shake it can you speak to your midwife about whether you can still take some of the herbal remedies? If its a big fat no have you thought of alternatives? Acupuncture etc? I think it's a good sign that you have considered ante natal depression and aren't brushing how you are feeling under the carpet, sometimes just talking to a professional helps i.e at this stage your midwife to see what you can take/do. By no stretch am I saying you have any form of depression but I know too many people who have soldiered on when they really just needed to talk or ask for help smile

WillSantaComeAgain Thu 20-Jun-13 15:07:14

Balls - just lost my reply!

Thanks guys - your support is really lovely. I'm fine and I'm convinced its hormonal (because I feel exactly like I do when I have bad PMT) but if I'm still feeling like this at my 16 week appointment (not that far away) I will raise it. If nothing else, I would like to enjoy this pregnancy and maternity leave, and not see it as just a burden to be endured.

The problems with DH aren't anything serious - just a minor argument over money that had me in uncontrollable hysterics and convinced that it meant DH didn't understand me and therefore our marriage was doomed, when I really should have been just mildly pissed off and acknowledging that DH and I react to stress in very different ways.

IBelieveInPink Thu 20-Jun-13 16:34:39

You already sound a little more positive santa pleased to hear it.

And meant to ask bod if you dont mind, is it easier at a 20 week scan to get baby measurements if it is sleepy or wriggly? I can imagine sleepy is good if baby is in a good position, but if it isn't wriggly may help it move to get all the measurements? Just wondering whether to have my usual breakfast and orange juice in the morning, as it tends to get baby going!

Pentagon Thu 20-Jun-13 16:35:10

santa I think there's something in the air today - I've been feeling really down while I know I should be on cloud nine! And the hormones are a bitch - I recently had to deal with a client who was a bit abrupt and impolite over email and I was ready to throttle him...Glad it's not a serious issue with your DH smile

ibip how are you feeling? Who else has scans tomorrow? bump and shell? And a fourth person, if I remember well? Good luck ladies, I look forward to all the good news!! x

IBelieveInPink Thu 20-Jun-13 16:43:29

Pentagon - actually have a strange sense of calm now. Don't get me wrong, still scared, but kind of have a sense of inevitability?! Does that make any sense? Just really hoping for happy news. May be a few tears tomorrow either way.
Sorry to hear you are a bit down at the moment too, the stress is clearly getting to us all!

andadietcoke Thu 20-Jun-13 17:06:11

ibip I'd say wriggly - one of mine was being stubborn and wouldn't move and the sonographer struggled to get all the measurements and we nearly had to come back. I had to go and drink lots of water and then ended up lying on one side with the probe dug really deep which was incredibly painful.

Good luck everyone. I'm so excited for you all! Xx

Pentagon Thu 20-Jun-13 17:22:39

ibip I know the feeling! I usually get it on the day but your scan is first thing in the morning isn't it so it makes sense to start feeling calmer now. All the best (to you and your scan buddies) for tomorrow!!x

JanieLovesLuckySocks Thu 20-Jun-13 17:35:22

Oh good luck tomorrow everyone!! Hope the Lucky socks are washed and ready smile

Sorry about all the hormones flying around today, there must be something in the water. Hope tomorrow brings a brighter and more positive day. DH and I only seem to be avoiding the money 'chat', I'm shitting it as he gets so stressed out about money (we don't have much) so I'm trying to put some away each month if I can in the hope that we'll manage.

I had my 16-18 wk appointment today. My gp practice don't have a practice midwife so the stupid bitch receptionist just booked me in with the nurse. Had to go back later to see the gp she should've booked me in with. Thankfully all seems ok and the gp was quite surprised I had a Doppler and had used it!

Lieslvontrapp Thu 20-Jun-13 17:58:14

Hi ladies it must be in the water as I had a really down day yesterday. I started a new job recently (same company) and ive not been enjoying it and it's been getting me down. I think the hormones have been making it worse. Ive only got one more week before I go on holiday for 2 weeks so I know I should just be looking forward to that but can't seem to stop worrying about work and the pregnancy (6+1 today).

Anyway sorry for the me me me. Good luck to everyone having scans tomorrow! X

BumpKitty Thu 20-Jun-13 20:10:19

scans are me, ibip, santa and stitch smile

My MN nickname is because my cat used to curl around my bump when I was pg with DD, she was a pure white moggy and absolutely lovely but we lost her to liver failure in 2011 sad we still have her kitten but she is the exact opposite and doesn't even come into the house.

santa sorry you are/were feeling crap and good idea to speak to the MW if you're still concerned at 16 weeks, but I think it's pretty normal - It's really weird when you can hear yourself arguing and you know you are being ott but just can't help it. Me and DH have had some huge rows and I bicker with him all the time when I'm tired - but we'll get through it! Bloody hormones.

Heartburn is ramping up again - I think it's chocolate that does it shock
ibip I'm impressed that you can predict the wrigglyness, mine's still a bit hit and miss - seems to wake up properly after lunch though so maybe I'll have a wriggly scan too grin

Bodicea Thu 20-Jun-13 20:12:48

I prefer wriggly, you want them to alter positions during the scan - on their back is better for heart, on their front is better for spine etc. so lots of sugar please xxxx

Santa sorry you are feeling down. Hope things improve soon. Can't imagine how difficult pregnancy is for people that already have kids. I find it difficult enought getting myself up in the morning.

So bump has been having a kick feat today. It's been contstant. People have also been telling me how big I am. Sob. I am only little so baby has nowhere to go but out I guess.

Good luck with everyone's scans tomorrow xxxx

IBelieveInPink Thu 20-Jun-13 20:26:19

Bump - cant really predict it. But tend to feel something after orange juice and after dinner, so if I have food and orange juice in the morning im hoping that will work!

Bod - thanks very much! Appreciate the help as always smile

Good luck to everyone else with scans tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and and checking in regularly for updates!! smile

IBelieveInPink Thu 20-Jun-13 22:53:29

And the calmness has gone. I am freakin terrified. Oh balls.

BlackholesAndRevelations Thu 20-Jun-13 22:57:19

Oooh good luck for the scans tomorrow everyone! Will be thinking of you all xxx

Thanks for the step away from google advice... I was so naive with my last two, had the nuchal fold etc tests, got the letter, went "oh lovely" and shoved it aside. This time I'm checking the post each day with bated breath waiting for the letter! Have also started to tell people at work and worried that I should have waited for the letter first.......hmm.

Only 7 more weeks til my 20 week scan! (posifrickintivity)

jmf294 Thu 20-Jun-13 23:07:49

Good luck to Bump, IBIP, Stitch and Santa tomorrow- look forward to reading all the good news, sending calming peaceful thoughts to you all!!

Pentagon- Harry Potter was really good, amazing to see the detail behind the making of the films. I had no idea how much work went on. My children had fun- and managed to get me to agree to buying them wands which they now use as swords!!

My bump is growing, I feel fat and tired but ok.
Talking of dreams you all have had last night I dreamt I was chasing a gunman around the town. I have had a dream about this baby, I was in recovery after the section, the baby wasn't in the dream but all was ok.

Hope all who are feeling emotional and hormonal feel brighter tomorrow.
I had a row with my husband the other night as he wanted to watch a recorded rugby match- he pointed out that he lets me watch all the rubbish I like every other evening- humph!!

Sleep well ladies xx

andadietcoke Fri 21-Jun-13 07:05:50

Good luck ibip, bump, stitch and santa - wishing you a very lucky sock day. Will be thinking of you all - virtual hand holding at the ready while you're waiting wink

Lots of love xxx

GardenWorm Fri 21-Jun-13 07:48:53

Pink, Bump, Santa, and Stich wishing you all the very best of luck today. Hoping you have wonderful calm scan experiences and looking forward to a quadtrick(???? smile) of POSIFRICKINTIVE results. Will be thinking of you all today and can't wait to hear your good news throughout the day. Pink I think you are first aren't you? What times do the rest of you lovely ladies have?

....soon running out of thread space if someone skilled wants to get creative with a new one? (I've no idea how or if you can do it on phone?)

XXX

JanieLovesLuckySocks Fri 21-Jun-13 08:16:20

Good luck today ladies! Finally Friday is here phew. Looking forward to reading news of wavy wrigglers! Thinking of you all today, I think I'll wear my lucky socks for you all xxxxx

JanieLovesLuckySocks Fri 21-Jun-13 08:16:54

Love the 'quadtrick'!!

shellsocks Fri 21-Jun-13 08:19:01

Good luck pink, stitch, bump and santa smile

GaryBuseysTeeth Fri 21-Jun-13 08:34:06

Good luck pink, stitch, bump and santa!! Calming, hope you're seen quickly & don't forget your notes vibes!
<rubs lucky socks, far too fat today to put them on>

Hope things at home aren't bad santa, sounds like you're feeling more positive about it.

Smelly gush grin If I start the next thread it'll probably just say that over & over again....

Bump, that book sounds lovely. We've got DS a book called 'My New Baby', it's not got any words or gender specific children (although the elder one does look 'boyish') so it would be great if you don't know the sex or want to explain stuff to DC in your own words (although it does show breastfeeding a lot, I'm not planning on it...so I hope DS doesn't pick up any ideas!).

What's everyone up to for the weekend?

WillSantaComeAgain Fri 21-Jun-13 09:22:39

Been awake since 3am sad - anxiety dream about missing the appointment too! I'm not till 1400 so likely to be this evening before I can update you all. Luckily I've got meetings all morning to keep my mind off things If When its good news, I may change my name back to my original... given that it could be quite apt again!!

Good luck pink, stitch and bump. I will be watching out, bod to see if my sonographer is a petite but enormous pregnant lady... if she is I may drop in a hint about my name grin

Too superstitious to start the new thread till there's four lots of good news, as I'd hate for the new thread to start so badly. On the other hand, four lots of good news could be a good start and lucky omen.

If the NT measurement is less than 3mm I will start telling a select few at work - the sort of people that I could cope with having to untell, IYSWIM - I'm so big now that I know people will be speculating, and also I don't want people to start thinking I'm fat!

Arrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now