Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - the Posifrickingtivity gathers pace, the Laura Ashley skirt has been returned

(990 Posts)
Bakingtins Sun 19-May-13 08:56:59

New thread ladies, let's hope the good luck continues!
Shall we start with stats?

Sunday 19th May - today we are pregnant!

GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10th Aug
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31st October, next scan 14th June
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 12 Nov, next scan 29th April
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov Next scan 28 June
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov. Next scan 25th April
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 17 Nov next scan 7th May
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, EDD 23rd Nov, scan 11th May
Janielovescake: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 25 Nov, next scan 11th May
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November. next scan (12 weeks) 20th May
Vixjane: 2 MC, EDD 30 Nov, next scan (12 weeks) 21 May
Aoifebelle: 1MC, EDD 1st Dec, next scan 20th May (NHS 12 weeks)
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec, scan 3rd May
Zeux 1DD 1MC EDD 14th December, first scan 24th May
DIYandEatCake: 1dd, 1mc, EDD ?16 dec, waiting for scan date
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec (Xmas baby!) next scan 25th April
pumpkinsweetie: EDD 26 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 30 Dec, 6 wk scan OK. Next scan ?w/c 17 June
Bakingtins: 2 DSs, 3 MC, EDD 6th Jan, scan 23rd April
Mummytothearkbuilder: 1DS, 1 MC, EDD tbc (Jan 2014), scan 24th May

Good luck garden and aoifie - thinking of you both x

Vixjane Mon 20-May-13 09:56:54

Good luck for scans today!

Glad you're feeling better diy

lucky hope you're feeling better today!

seeing the midwife this afternoon in preparation for our scan tomorrow

shellsocks Mon 20-May-13 10:09:02

Good luck aoife and garden smile

Pentagon Mon 20-May-13 10:10:03

Good luck today aoife (I guess you're having the scan right now?!) and garden!

Lucky I hope you're OK!

I'm feeling a bit calmer as I'm pretty sure I can feel the baby. It's little taps and only 3-4 times a day but enough to stop me from panicking. I just hope I'm not deluded and it is the baby indeed...

Thanks all for the bra advice, I need to invest on a couple of more - what I bought last time wasn't that great....but I'll wait till after the 20-week scan

Wishing everyone a good day and week ahead. x

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 20-May-13 11:16:10

Good luck Garden (hope your pipes are cleared out enough for scan) & Aoife!! Thanks for the recommendation, close to Dulwich so may pay them a visit (plus there's a Jojo Maman Bebe)!

Hope it goes well with mw Vix, I've got my 28wk apt tomorrow, haven't seen her since early feb!

shell, I get what you mean, it's hard being so selfish in pg (for me) and getting DH to do everything around the house, plus I hate the attention/people asking how I'm doing!

GardenWorm Mon 20-May-13 11:46:46

Ha ha ha GBT imagine how funny that would be 'Sorry, we are unable to do the scan due to a large mass of fusili pasta blocking our view'

...on way home from work. Have bought 3 different sweets/snacks for DD and made sure she has the latest Peppa Pig magazine in the vain hope we will be able to keep her behaving for more than 1 minute. Bribery - you gotta love it!

Aoifebelle Mon 20-May-13 12:01:23

Ladies news this end not so good. Had NHS scan and the nucal was high - 4.2mm - overall had a pretty poor experience with a jeremy hunt of a midwife. Am now going to the FMC on Wednesday to get a more detailed scan and more information before making a choice on the diagnostic test.
I feel like I have stepped into a different world now, and might go a bit quiet on you. Thankyou in advance for all the good wishes that I know will come my way. Hopefully I will be back with you and the positifrickinivity soon. xx

Pentagon Mon 20-May-13 12:19:26

oh Aoife, so sorry to hear that...the Harmony result and the more detailed 12-week scan you will have at the FMC will give you a clearer picture of what's going on. I know 4.2mm is worrying but it's not necessarily/always bad news. All the best for Wednesday!x

Vixjane Mon 20-May-13 12:29:42

thinking of you aoife. hopefully you will get some more news/info soon and everything turns out ok. x x

Vocalista86 Mon 20-May-13 12:32:53

Sorry for being AWOL, had a few weeks of flamingo behaviour and my head did not want to come out of that sand... however had our 12 week scan today and everything is well - I feel like I can finally breathe and really enjoyed my first successfull 12 week scan. Baby was still at first but then appeared to wake up so I could see arms/legs more clearly, it was lovely.

Hope Wednesday brings good new Aoife xx

JanieLovesLuckySocks Mon 20-May-13 12:38:14

Aw Aoife sorry you got worrying news, hope Wednesday brings something better for you. Big hug xxx

Vixjane Mon 20-May-13 12:38:40

congrats on the scan vocalista!

Pentagon Mon 20-May-13 12:48:16

congratulations vocalista, great news!

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 20-May-13 12:53:19

Aoife, sorry to hear it's worrying news...hope Wednesday brings better news.
Are you going to complain about MW? Sending all the positifrickintivy & good socks vibes I have. xx

Vocalista, congrats on your good scan, are you going to something to celebrate?
We bought a sleepsuit & baby magazine on my 12wk scan, if any of you are baby/pregnancy magazine readers, new look Mother & Baby has started to refer to mothers as 'mamas', mamafesto, mamalicious etc. hmm

Garden, 'it's twins...no wait, you have one baby, one massive pasta blockage' hope the bribery works! I look forward to DS being old enough to understand it grin

JanieLovesLuckySocks Mon 20-May-13 13:13:55

Vocal sorry I totally missed your post! Congrats in your scan smile xx

Bakingtins Mon 20-May-13 13:32:01

Aoife sorry you have had worrying news. I hope Wednesday will give you more detail and make the decision what to do next more obvious. Thinking of you.

Vocalista congratulations - glad it went well.

IBelieveInPink Mon 20-May-13 13:36:25

Oh Aoife. At least by Wednesday you should have the information you need. I hope you have plenty of support over the next few days, completely understand you being quiet, but remember we here if you need us.

Vocal - lovely news. Pleased it went well.

Garden - thinking of you too, not long to wait now....

Sorry to hear that aoife, hope your results on Wednesday bring you the results you want.
Hope your scan goes well today garden, goodluck.
Typical nhs, i still haven't had my scan appointment date posted to me yet! -hope it comes soon and hoping they don't date it after I'm actually 12 weeks so I have to wait even longer to see my little bean prawn.

DIYandEatCake Mon 20-May-13 15:04:39

Oh aoife hope Wednesday brings better news, so sorry you've got extra worries now. I remember dp and I having long talks about what we'd do if something was wrong last time, they are such difficult decisions to make and I really feel for you possibly having to make them for real. Really hope it all turns out ok.

vocalista congratulations on your good news! gary I read all the pg magazines last time round but haven't been tempted this time as I don't need to buy anything new and kind of know how babies and pregnancy work.... Wish there was one out there targeted at second/third time mums! 'Mama' makes my toes curl!

vocal great news on the scan.

aoifie sorry you have had worrying news - just echoing what everyone else has said - I hope Wednesday gives you a better idea of things. I understand you wanting to go quiet for a bit but like pink said remember we are all here if you need us xx

Zeuxippe Mon 20-May-13 16:08:47

aoife I'm so sorry to hear you've had a worrying NT result. I hope the FMC will help make everything clearer and give you the support you need. We'll all be thinking of you over the next few days x

Congrats on the scan vocalista! Really glad it went well for you.

garden hoping there is good news for you too x

GardenWorm Mon 20-May-13 16:19:56

Oh aoife sorry to hear that BUT can i just say I'm not convinced that the NHS are as well equipped as the private ones. I know it's horrific for you but Wednesday may provide different answers and will be far more comprehensive. I have everything crossed for you and we are here if you need us xxx

GardenWorm Mon 20-May-13 16:25:08

So, baby Fusili (not too way out a name?) has arms and legs and everything and disturbingly is growing at an alarming rate, in fact if it continues this way Fusili will be an immaculate conception! I'm now 13+6 so that really is pushing it. Fusili's big sister was as predicted a pain in the butt! She looks angelic though so tends to get away with it, no interest in looking at Fusili as the TV was black and white and they didn't look like Peppa Pig!

Very happy grin

Congrats to you too Vocal smile

DIYandEatCake Mon 20-May-13 16:32:53

Congratulations garden. Lol at the baby not looking like peppa pig... Was it an NHS scan and they let you take her in? Just wondering as there was a sternly worded note on my scan letter saying that small children should be kept outside the room, was worrying whether to try and leave her with a friend - could be difficult - or whether dp would have to miss the scan to look after her.

LuckySocks13 Mon 20-May-13 17:03:01

Aoife, sorry to hear your news. I hope you have lots of RL support and the FMC are able to give you some clearer answers.

Glad your scan went well Vocalista. Hope you can relax a bit now.

Wow Gary, 28 weeks smile fantastic news. It does seem a long time between appointments doesn't it! Not good for us anxious lot.

Hope your booking in went well Chocolate? I had a nasty midwife at mine!

Thanks for all your well wishes ladies. Not had any more spotting. No chance of resting as have been busy with work and can't be off again. Will get an early night though. I'm 13.2 weeks now and just feel less pregnant. Hopefully just the placenta taking over. Worry worry!

Hi to everyone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now