Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - the Posifrickingtivity gathers pace, the Laura Ashley skirt has been returned

(990 Posts)
Bakingtins Sun 19-May-13 08:56:59

New thread ladies, let's hope the good luck continues!
Shall we start with stats?

Sunday 19th May - today we are pregnant!

GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10th Aug
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31st October, next scan 14th June
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 12 Nov, next scan 29th April
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov Next scan 28 June
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov. Next scan 25th April
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 17 Nov next scan 7th May
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, EDD 23rd Nov, scan 11th May
Janielovescake: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 25 Nov, next scan 11th May
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November. next scan (12 weeks) 20th May
Vixjane: 2 MC, EDD 30 Nov, next scan (12 weeks) 21 May
Aoifebelle: 1MC, EDD 1st Dec, next scan 20th May (NHS 12 weeks)
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec, scan 3rd May
Zeux 1DD 1MC EDD 14th December, first scan 24th May
DIYandEatCake: 1dd, 1mc, EDD ?16 dec, waiting for scan date
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec (Xmas baby!) next scan 25th April
pumpkinsweetie: EDD 26 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 30 Dec, 6 wk scan OK. Next scan ?w/c 17 June
Bakingtins: 2 DSs, 3 MC, EDD 6th Jan, scan 23rd April
Mummytothearkbuilder: 1DS, 1 MC, EDD tbc (Jan 2014), scan 24th May

GardenWorm Sun 19-May-13 18:50:05

Probably the wisest thing to do Lucky fingers crossed for you for tomorrow. At least you've had a distraction today to get through it. How you feeling? Any more cramping?

Aoifebelle Sun 19-May-13 18:56:07

garden you need to get your stats up there. Is it your 12 week? I have somehow managed to put it out of my head. I think I am in denial.
Funny how your worry doesn't disappear, it just evolves into different forms. Now I can feel the bump coming up out of my pelvis, I am less worried about mc, have progressed to worrying about health of bean. Most worried about the prospect of potentially having to make some tough choices. I am thinking happy thoughts!
Good luck for tomorrow garden xx

LuckySocks13 Sun 19-May-13 19:03:26

No more spotting and not noticed cramping today but have been very distracted with family / kids and copious amounts of party food! It's just so unsettling! Loving the stats at the top of the new thread. Very useful smile

LuckySocks13 Sun 19-May-13 19:29:12

Hmm now having the back ache cramps again! Hope it's just normal?!

andadietcoke Sun 19-May-13 19:41:56

Oh Aoife I was exactly the same. And still am. With every milestone that should reassure me, I start looking for the next thing. I got so, so worked up about the NT result. Then it was the 16w growth scan (had dodgy measurements for one twin at the 12w one). Then it's the anomaly scan. Now I'm worried about preterm labour, stillbirth and cord prolapses. I'm assured that I won't ever stop worrying, even after they're born.

In other, more happy news, DH felt one of the babies kick for the first time today. He was quite freaked out by it, but I was delighted that one of our daughters will behave on demand for her daddy.

jmf Sophie is one of the few names we can agree on grin I'm going to need help with baby names after 28 weeks - too scared for the baby names threads!!

Aoifebelle Sun 19-May-13 20:03:48

lucky my back had been really sore today, just like period backache. Have also really been feeling the bump moving upwards, it hasn't hurt, but I can imagine it could. Maybe that is what you are feeling?

GardenWorm Sun 19-May-13 20:08:16

Aoife yes, well sort of as I'll be 13+4! Pushing it to the limits. Not sure I can get my stats up as they are in the title bit? Maybe you could add them tins?

Garden Worm: 1DD, 2MC, EDD 21st November. Next Scan 20th May!

Anda it's normal to worry until they are born safely, I did throughout my PG with DD and that was without any MC's. Don't get me wrong it was no where near the same as now but it was still there. I remember being really pissed off with a friend who told me when I had about 3 wks to go that she'd MC'd months before but just hadn't told me - I just kept thinking couldn't you wait another 3 wks until mine is born safely? I think it's your mothering instinct kicking in, it's kind of a good thing (!)

Lucky it is normal, just feels so wrong to the likes of us, your back may be kicking off because you've had a busy day? X

BumpKitty Sun 19-May-13 20:11:51

hey all, can't believe another weekend has gone in a flash! We'd have our babies in no time if we only had to do 40 weekends and not the boring weeks in between

I wore a normal bra the other day and have crippled my right boob sad it feels like it has been punched, I stupidly bought a maternity bra in my normal size about a month ago so that is sod all use now. Are you all just measuring yourselves? I have no faith in getting measured since reading all the MN bra threads. I didn't feel that much bigger but the wires are definitely cutting in so they will have to go (the wires that is!) monoboob here I come sad

My next scan is 21st June and 16 week check this Thursday, i hope they try and listen to the heartbeat - would be a good birthday present as I turn 33 on Wednesday grin

lucky the back ache/cramps might just be because you've had a busy day. Take it as easy as you can

diy you poor sod, no way should you feel bad for your DH having to do more with DD, there is no equality in pregnancy! I quite like being pg but there are some bits I would very much like to share with DH - heartburn and labour spring to mind.

anda you do still worry about them when they are 'out' but not in the same way i don't think as most of our worry now is the uncertainty and having no way to just immediately check whats happening iyswim.

WillSantaComeAgain Sun 19-May-13 20:33:35

Right, the maternity bras thing here: bravissimo

Thoroughly recommend a visit if you're a c cup or above (or a 34b) as chances are you're a d cup and up. They have excellent fitters and tell the truth about underwires. I wore an underwired breast feeding one- sorry, but you can't use non-wired if you're a 34GG!!

jmf294 Sun 19-May-13 21:17:42

Lucky- hope things are ok, I really thing a few days of taking it easy would be a good idea.
Aoife- I am with you on the current worries. I am so so scared about going back to the FMC to get the harmony result. I can play it all out in my head- being met by the consultant to tell me I am high risk and need CVS- what the hell do I do then!! It really makes me feel sick and I still have 11 sleeps to go.
Anda- yeah- love the name Sophie. If its twin girls I think the name Charlotte goes well with that- well that was our number 2 name on the list! The worry when they are here does go on, I obsessed over cot death, and every cold was menigittis- and I'm a doctor. Now my son has diabetes I worry about him all the time but thankfully I find working helps to put some perscpetive on life.
Garden- good luck for the scan tomorrow.
Bump- my boobs are sore but still in my normal wired bras. They have grown but not enough to get new bras. Last time I think they grew more!

Hi to everyone else- hope we all have a happy, healthy postitive week!!

shellsocks Sun 19-May-13 21:30:24

pink did you get measured? My fairly limited knowledge would say your back size shouldn't go up in PG only your cup size...but some people do go up one for comfort? Feel free to ignore me if you want!

Sorry abt your migraines DIY it just sounds so hard hmm. Don't worry any the weight tho, I've got a big bump but still weigh less than before I was PG, it seems odd but just trying to think of the benefits later when trying to shift the baby weight grin

lucky hope the cramps have eased and people here have reassured you, call the MW tomorrow smile

Good luck tomorrow garden smile

The worry once they are here is totally different, I think PG worry is so tough cos (well for me anyway) I'm not used to thinking abt myself/my body...I worry abt other people etc and would usually rather things happen to me than someone i love but having to think constantly abt what is goin on in your own body is so odd...whereas worrying abt your baby is so natural it's not the same tiring mental energy if that makes sense at all?! confused

andadietcoke Sun 19-May-13 21:40:44

jmf spooky - Charlotte is our other favourite at the moment grin I agree that they go really well together, but surname is Brown so we'd have to steer her away from Charlie as a nickname and towards Lottie!

DIYandEatCake Sun 19-May-13 21:42:07

Good luck tomorrow aoife and garden! garden I can heartily recommend new look's padded (lol!) nursing bras, cheap and better than the mothercare ones and make my 34a/bs look half respectable...!

vix ta for the biscuits! Currently stuffing my face with roule cheese on crackers so on my way to that bump... Migraine gone for now and feeling fan-bloody-tastic so making the most of it. We had a lovely afternoon with friends, didn't tell them but they probably guessed.

lucky glad there's been no more spotting, fingers crossed all is ok.

BumpKitty Sun 19-May-13 21:56:43

ah glad you're feeling better diy x

Bakingtins Sun 19-May-13 21:57:14

Good luck garden and aoife for tomorrow.

Sorry garden, can't work out how to edit post so can't get your stats in the title post...unless someone can enlighten me?

I love the name Charlotte, would have been my choice for a DD but our best friends took it (and we have no DD). We used their favourite boys name though! Great minds think alike. It becomes more difficult as more of your friends and rellies have children - a lot of the nice names are "taken".

Lucky take it easy and hope it all settles down for you.

IBelieveInPink Sun 19-May-13 22:14:40

Shell- no I didn't think it should either, but I think in this case it is just a different fit with a different style. The 32 wouldn't even do up, where as my other bra which is a 32E (different style, only bought 5 weeks ago) fits perfectly. Stupid m and s and their crazy sizes!!

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sun 19-May-13 22:44:52

Hi girls, finally back again after crazy busy weekend!

DIY sorry to hear your migraine came back, sounds bloody awful, hope it stats away this time.

Lucky sorry to hear about your panic sad hope it's nothing to worry about but worth checking out with epu just for reassurance x

I keep meaning to go into town to buy a new bra, got measured in m&s and they measured me a size down ffs! Stupid woman. I know they've definitely gone way up so might measure myself and order done online eventhough it is hassley.

Went for a mega long walk today and feel so much better for it so definitely going to walk more often. I tried on all my summer clothes this avo (we go away in 3 weeks) and NONE fit shock no trousers no skirts nothing. I hope primark have their linen trousers in stock or I'm screwed sad

Good luck fir tomorrow garden and Aoife xx

shellsocks Sun 19-May-13 22:47:47

pink I went to M&S when I finished bf and tried on nearly every style in the shop and they said only one style would fit me?! Went to debenhams and got loads of choice!

GardenWorm Mon 20-May-13 06:14:12

Happy Scan Day Aoife...and ME. Gulp. Sharing what POSIFRICKINTIVITY I have with you X Thanks for the good lucks peeps.

DIY I like these breasticle enhancer tips thanks - I will be checking them out! Glad your migraine has shifted, I have no idea about migraines but I know when I was first breast feeding I didn't drink enough water and my head nearly exploded (slightly over dramatic), so keep hydrated is my only assistance. Like you hadn't thought of that....

Anda I think Lauren is a very pretty girls name but you would have to make sure they were Lauren and Sophie not the other way round as people may think you have an obsession with Sophia Lauren! Or do I think into it too much?

Today I look about 6 months preggers but this is wholly due to two days of food being stuck in the pipes do to speak. Aaaargh! grin

Thanks for looking tins smile

IBelieveInPink Mon 20-May-13 07:21:07

Good luck today Aoife and garden! I will be checking in regularly for updates, hope you are able to enjoy it rather than just stress!! smile

ChocolateCremeEggBag Mon 20-May-13 07:23:25

Morning all. Good luck for the scans today Aoife & Garden - super nerve wracking but hopefully worth it.

I have my booking in apt today - hoping not with the MW who did it last time as she's not the most sensitive and bound to say something about my mc.

My bra recommendation is to order lots from somewhere that does free p&p and returns and have a try on session this Anita wired nursing bra is the one I wore through 6 months bfing and thinking of getting out soon. Now in the sale in fig leaves. I couldn't do a non underwired bra, hate hate hate the monoboob look and it gets so sweaty in there too confused

andadietcoke Mon 20-May-13 07:33:32

Good luck Aoife and Garden - sending lots of posifrickintivity your way grin

Zeuxippe Mon 20-May-13 08:02:05

Am desperate for a new bra! Have to undo mine whenever I get the chance now. Am stupidly holding out till after this Friday's scan though, to avoid jinxing it, as not even sure there is a baby in there yet...

Good luck aoife and garden today!

Aoifebelle Mon 20-May-13 08:23:26

Thanks for all the good wishes. Not feeling so positive here today. The frickin weather is sooo not helping. Just can't help thinking that if we get bad news and have some tough decisions to make we won't find out until the day before we go on holiday - the holiday my parents have decided to gate crash. I think the holiday is a good thing either way, but if we are in the process of making some major decisions - |I don't want them to see that. I was with them in Ireland when I had my mc, that was enough they don't need to witness anymore heartache from me. Come on next Tuesday. I might ring FMC and ask them to ring me if the test results come in earlier. Ummmmm.

For any of you living in London - here is a great place to get your bras sorted. I is a review I posted on another thread.
"Well success. On recommendation from my sister I went to a shop called bloomers on lordship lane east dulwich London. I have been wandering aimlessly in and out of large department stores for a while and haven't even tried anything on. This is my first pregnancy purchase and for some reason I was feeling a bit vulnerable about it and realised what I needed was a more personal experience.
I got great personal service from Sharon. She brought me three soft cup bras to try on, bought two of them, one fits perfectly right now and one with a bit of room to grow. They aren't the sexiest, but dear god were they needed. I also tried on 5 swimming suits all with proper cup fittings, would happily have bought two of them (this has never happened ever, I have never been happy with a swimwear purchase, just bought the least worst, even at bravissimo).
The bras were pretty reasonable, around the £25. The swimsuit was very expensive at £72. I had read the wrong ticket and thought it was £56, and baulked a bit at that, so I got a bit of a shock at the til. She kindly knocked a few quid off, and I figure I will be buried in it so it should pay back. Overall a very happy preggers lady."

WillSantaComeAgain Mon 20-May-13 08:52:41

Good luck today Aoifie and Garden :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now