Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding in the first weeks

(18 Posts)
hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 08:27:24

Hi my names hollie I'm 21 and I've just recently found out I'm pregnant I'm between 5 and 7 weeks I think. Thursday night me and my boyfriend had sex and straight after I had some brown blood on the tissue when I wiped then that was it, then yesterday I bled rather heavily for a few hours and its stopped now have I had a miscarriage the blood was red in the heavy stage, had no severe pain or cramping just felt a little period pains. Has this happened to anyone else?

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 08:28:20

Can anyone help, early weeks bled after sex

bamboobutton Sat 18-May-13 08:33:31

I had a bleed at around 8wks with my first, it all turned out fine.

Were there any clots? If it was just blood and no clots then it probably wasn't a miscarriage.

Rest for today and take another pregnancy test later today or tomorrow.

bluecarrot Sat 18-May-13 08:34:19

I'm by no means an expert at this but do know that it's common to have done spotting after sex. Has the bleeding stopped altogether?

I've seen other ladies with similar issues go to the hospitals early pregnancy unit for tests. Perhaps you should google your local one and turn up this morning.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along shortly.

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 08:40:58

Yes it has stopped now I'm planning on doing another test today to put my mind at ease, there was only one tiny clot but that was it.

Featherbag Sat 18-May-13 09:13:50

Holly it may just have been either post coital or unexplained bleeding, the fact that it's stopped is encouraging. Don't waste your money on another test, even if you had MC it would still show pos this early. Call the ooh GP and get referred to your local early pregnancy unit for a scan, this is the only way to put your mind at rest (although do try and be a bit more definite before you call, at 7 weeks a scan will show quite a bit, at 5 they wouldn't scan you as it's unlikely there'd be anything to see - when was the first day of your last period?). Hope all turns out to be well!

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 09:29:19

I've just done one my friend had one already it came back positive, I generally think it was due to the fact we had sex, trying not to freak out to be honest

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 09:33:53

My last period started on the 7th april

Featherbag Sat 18-May-13 09:34:06

It's very likely that you're absolutely right, try not to worry and get a scan when you can x

Featherbag Sat 18-May-13 09:36:01

So you're 5+6 today, but you should be able to get an early scan end of next week x

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 09:38:38

Will see how it goes

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 10:11:21

The pregnancy test I just done was like I said positive but the second one was as bright as the first one, when I first done the 3 tests when I first found out the second light was faint I'm sure everythings fine

DontGiveUpOnHope Sat 18-May-13 12:11:45

There is no point taking tests. They can show up positive after a miscarriage for over 4 weeks..

If your worried see a doctor. My 2 early miscarriages started with a small amount of blood.

DontGiveUpOnHope Sat 18-May-13 12:13:38

Where are you from? There should be an EPU nearby.

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 12:22:31

I live in hertfordshire

MrsJohnDeere Sat 18-May-13 12:46:03

Have PMed you re:EPUs.

attilascupcakes Sat 18-May-13 13:59:07

Hollie, things are probably fine but you do need to get checked out as the hormones racing around your body mean that even if the worst has happened you will still get a positive pregnancy test for a little while yet.

hollie1stbaby Sat 18-May-13 15:26:21

Surely a misscarriage would be more dramatic than a feew hours of on and off bleeding yeah it got rather heavy but not for the whole time I bought some pads from my local shop when I got home and didn't even need it cos it stopped have had no pain can still feel the empty bloated feeling within my stomach, I'm feeling positive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now