Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've put on so much weight - 26 weeks

(20 Posts)
Queazy Sat 18-May-13 08:05:24

I've stuffed myself silly for six months...ridiculous amounts of cake and chocolate...so only have myself to blame. Is there anything I can do about it now- I don't know why I've let this happen. I'm going to be so fat and uncomfortable in my 3rd trimester. I even need to wear a swimsuit in 3 weeks...oh my god hmm

redbunnyfruitcake Sat 18-May-13 08:15:58

Hey I did the same. I went from 9.7lbs to 11.11lbs in 26 weeks. I've managed to slow it down by cutting out most sugar and wheat and trying to follow the Clean and Lean plan, although that's slipping a bit again. I also think that I'm not able to eat as much now baby is getting bigger so am hoping that helps too. I'm sure that now you are aware of it you will put the breaks on but I do think it's quite hard to lose it while pregnant. I'm planning on breast feeding being the key again as it worked well last time.

BentleyBelly Sat 18-May-13 08:39:58

Try to do some gentle exercise like walking and cut down on the naughty things.

christinarossetti Sat 18-May-13 08:47:52

How much weight have you actually put on? If you cut out the crap and eat a sensible balanced diet, it's likely that you'll be able to maintain your weight as you put on baby weight and lose the recently gained extra.

Lots of women find that eating helps combat pregnancy nausea - don't beat yourself up about it, but focus on eating well rather than 'dieting'.

Percephone Sat 18-May-13 11:12:42

Same here. I am also 26 weeks and have put on 28lbs angry I've got Davina's prenatal fitness dvd (bought in Feb, still in packet!!) so will make a start with that this weekend.

MissHinky Sat 18-May-13 14:51:03

You're not alone OP.

I'm 26 weeks and have put on a stone - having a higher BMI at the outset, I didn't want to put any (or much) weight on at all, so I'm feeling really disappointed in myself.

I'm hoping, if I cut out the rubbish and add some gentle exercise, I might be able to maintain with any luck!

I'm normally a size 10/12 I hover between two sets if clothes grin. Was more 12/14 with dc1 put on 4 stone, list it all plus that last 3/4 stone needed. Put on 3 1/2 stone with dc2 lost 4 1/2 they were both big babies. Dc3 I put on 5 stone shock from being a glutton he's nearly 3 weeks and almost 2 stone gone already the rest will be gone by time he's 3/4 months. I love eating absolute rubbish when pregnant ad normally have very healthy food normally, lots and lots if walking and if course bf it just falls off. I could murder a kit Kat but I won't grin

Forgot to say my weighs us normally well within healthy BMI for my height I just enjoy lots if cake, chocolate, roast dinners etc when pregnant grin

harleyd Sat 18-May-13 15:04:25

25 weeks and have put on 1.5 stone. its all bump and ive been swimming a few times a week, so am used to being in a swimsuit. but im going on holiday soon and feel like a whale

Queazy Sat 18-May-13 18:24:00

I'd put on a stone two weeks ago but have had to stop weighing myself as I know it'll keep creeping (or leaping) up. I started out at 9st 4lbs and only 5'5'' or 5'6''. I'm so wide, my thighs are dimpled and I have dodgy back fat. I was average before with a big bum and thighs, but this is making my pre-preg self look like a matchstick!! I'm guessing I'm 10st 8lbs at least by now...

It's really good to know I'm not alone though. I'm also genuinely very grateful to be pregnant, so realise I need to get this into perspective! I just can't even bear to try to put my maternity swimming costume on tho...I bought it 6 weeks ago in the sale...it's a size 10 confused

Thanks so much. I'm going to lay low on the cake for a while (I can't promise I won't still gorge myself on cheese though)

Xx

Clarabell78 Sat 18-May-13 18:30:49

I had gained 2 stone by 26 weeks, am now 32 weeks and still 2 stone gain! I think it can level off for a lot of women. I had imagined a 4 stone plus gain in total but am just trying to be careful. Still feel like a hippo though! Lol

Queazy Sat 18-May-13 18:53:51

Clarabell, I could send you a virtual hug smile There is hope for me not putting on double the amount too then...I was just dreading having to lose 3 stone after birth. Definitely time to stop buying Ben and Jerrys

Clarabell78 Sat 18-May-13 19:11:45

Ah bless you queazy... It's bloody awful isn't it? I've never felt so unattractive in my life! Lol... I know it will all be worth it but its still not easy.

pinkteapot Sat 18-May-13 20:10:41

ladies go easy on yourselves! its hard to rein yourself in when you can see yourself getting bigger regardless. make some effort if it makes you feel better, but I find I just focus on the end... by time i've lived with hippo-me for 9 months, my motivation to lose is appropriately high by time baby comes! i've gained 3.5 to 4 stone with all 4 pregnancies, and lost it each time by just not eating like i'm pregnant!! (well-lost it 3 times n plannin to do so again, 38 wks now)I do weight watchers each time, suits me. and dont forget a decent wedge of your weight is fluid etc which will show as a weight loss over the first 6 weeks or so... Be kind to yourselves! x

Fuckwittery Sat 18-May-13 20:16:52

me too! this is my third baby and each time I have stuffed myself in the first trimester, and when overdue. am similar to you 5'4 and similar weight gain, although i'm only 17 weeks. however i have successfully lost the weight after my first two babies and will have to do so again. i try to speed walk everywhere and have just bought an antenatal exercise dvd, yet to try it out (came in the post 4 days ago blush), if its any good i'll let you know.

RJM17 Sat 18-May-13 20:27:18

I was nearly twelve stone to begin with and at 5ft 2in that was too big!! But I am now 14 weeks and weigh 12 stone 9 pound so have put on quite a lot! I realised the other day how much I had put on and I'm gutted!! I really didn't want to but have seen it as some sort of green light to eat crap!!! I have now decided to stop tho and I am trying to eat a lot healthier but its so hard when ya feeling crap not to just reach for the chocolate. Don't feel bad OP as ur not the only one we all do it xx

bishboschone Sat 18-May-13 20:30:04

I was size 8 when I got pregnant with ds 2. I was wearing maternity size 14 by 20 weeks .. 16 by the end. I put on 5 stone and had him at 33 weeks !!! I can honestly say I didn't stuff cake all day and was working up until I went to hospital ( spent 4 weeks in before I had him).. I don't know what happened!! Anyways I'm back to an 8-10 ish again . It has taken hard work but its doable. I still could do with losing another stone to get back to where I was but its not the end of the world .

FoofFighter Sat 18-May-13 20:32:41

A stone at that stage is not at all excessive, pretty much all of that will be baby, placenta, increased blood, fluid, fat that every pregnant woman puts on for breastfeeding preparation, boobs growing.

iclaudius Sat 18-May-13 20:36:52

It's sooo depressing. I weigh myself morning and night and try sooo hard to eat sensibly but every morsel I eat goes to
1. Thighs
2. Back
3. Humongous 32 FF tits

I can't wait to eat normally again when the baby is out - without every calorie CLINGING!!

MOTU Sun 19-May-13 09:56:14

I am exactly the same but am just pushing it to the back of my mind because last time I dropped weight like nobodies business after delivery so ill just look forward to that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now